• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser7370

Already we have seen a huge drop in tournaments points this week with the event running as players are keeping spots open to get PoP spells and relics when they need them for the event quests.
I think that quite odd. I have pushed farther in the tournament than usual to meet certain quest requirements and even relaxed for 3/4ths a day on the event for the tournament to start rather than slugging 2 provinces off. I am already planning to do some other extra tournament things to meet quest requirements.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think that quite odd. I have pushed farther in the tournament than usual to meet certain quest requirements and even relaxed for 3/4ths a day on the event for the tournament to start rather than slugging 2 provinces off. I am already planning to do some other extra tournament things to meet quest requirements.
It's mostly a scheduling issue. My FS members usually do all of their provinces in one shot the same time each day, but if they are waiting because an upcoming quest asks for relics, then they don't want to get stuck behind the 16h cooldown.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8259

Sitting here thinking about "exploits" and what the game developers INTEND for us to do ...

In the research tree/Chapters we are REQUIRED to complete all of the research for advanced and superior manufactories even though we are DISCOURAGED from using 2 out of 3 in each tier.

So ... who's "exploiting" whom there?

SoggyShorts

Sitting here thinking about "exploits" and what the game developers INTEND for us to do ...
In the research tree/Chapters we are REQUIRED to complete all of the research for advanced and superior manufactories even though we are DISCOURAGED from using 2 out of 3 in each tier.
So ... who's "exploiting" whom there?

Yeah those techs are silly, they should just merge them all into 1 tech, costs and everything. Granted you'll have to wait a little longer to unlock it, but it will save on confusion. As an added bonus you wouldn't have to explain boosted only builds to players ever again;)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Giving back thousands of goods has got me stopping the sequential quests. Not worth it and lazy on the developers part. Why would I produce the goods, trade for goods and then hand them back for the not so enticing prizes.

Especially the non-boosted goods. Basically what they are expecting from us is 3X of our boosted goods because we have to trade for the other goods.
But we also have to trade to get goods to complete a research, or to cater a tourney, or to erect a building.
They really are asking too much.

DeletedUser8259

I just had to get my mindset right and I'm good to go now.

I'm NOT doing the sequential Herds quests, either. I may do the dailies depending on their level of absurdity and I'll collect the beets that fall. I'll get whatever I get from the chests with that - otherwise, I'm carrying on with my regularly scheduled programming.

There was a mountain in my mind that I'd made out of a molehill. I expected the quests to be reasonable, logical ... now I know better and I'm moving on.

The Unbeliever

Yep. Best way to ensure Inno understands our displeasure about this gakfest event is for us to simply ignore the bulk of it...
Daily quests so far have been very reasonable, and collecting the hourly beets around the city is all I'm prepared to do now.

wasting 10,000's of goods for no reason at all is beyond slowed... having to sit and make thousands & thousands of beverages just to get 22 beets is beyond maddening...
If Inno thought this boring stupidity would make me open my wallet, they're dead wrong!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'll give kudos to the developers for looking for ways to change-up the events, but the baseless boredom and throwing goods in a hole feels like a failure to me. The event quests need to engage players and feel like a progression, not regression. Something as small as giving us a reason to give up the goods would have helped.

"The city needs a warehouse to store the sugar beats safely (and a manufactory to process the beats into rock candy more efficiently) Build a xxxxx for xxxxxxxxxx T1/T2/T3 goods" would have felt a lot less of an imposition than "put all your valuables in this bag if you don't want your event to die."

DeletedUser7370

I'm NOT doing the sequential Herds quests, either. I may do the dailies depending on their level of absurdity and I'll collect the beets that fall. I'll get whatever I get from the chests with that - otherwise, I'm carrying on with my regularly scheduled programming.
I put enough work in already that I will push a bit farther. I have decided to stop at #90. For my chapter 90, 91, and 92 total over 100K tier 3 goods. The total of tier 3 goods required for all the researches in my chapter is only 150K. Anyone with a brain can see that the quest amounts are ridiculous.

SoggyShorts

I'm also thinking of stopping at 89.
the ~250K T3 and the work required to "gain 3,000,000 supplies" doesn't seem to balance getting maybe
25 KP
24 relics
5 runes
1 building
That 250K T3 can easily buy all of those things from the tournament with plenty left over, so really it's just the possible building.

If something amazing comes up in beta I'll have a week to change my mind and do those supplies quests (which is about how long it'll take)

DeletedUser7767

Will be stopping around quest 84. Hopefully will have enough SB for 2nd prize then. But really you need to finish the whole quest line to be able to get it without, random drops and 140/200's from chests.

DeletedUser3602

I'm also going to stop after 89. I'm definitely not paying over 70,000 of each Tier 3 good nor 720,000 supplies. But I'm only at quest # 47 now, so it will take a while to get there.

DeletedUser1016

I have decided to stop at #90. For my chapter 90, 91, and 92 total over 100K tier 3 goods.
I'm also thinking of stopping at 89.
Will be stopping around quest 84.
I'm also going to stop after 89.
If something amazing comes up in beta I'll have a week to change my mind and do those supplies quests (which is about how long it'll take)
All the above are smart strategies - wish I had thought to do this instead of wasting huge amounts of resources on the last few quests!!!! Dumb.:confused:

DeletedUser3640

Absolutely, when you are using the word exploit as a basis for accusing them of having a cheating mentality (unlike it's actual, non-gamer, definition, which is descriptive of making an effort to profit from how things are, not pejorative).

It's enough to know four things to accuse majority of players with that:

1) there was an exploit;
2) players were happy using it;
3) usage of that exploit is limited now;
4) players are unhappy about Nr.3.

There's no need to know if players think/thought that they are/were exploiting something.

If the average player doesn't think they're cheating by using a strategy that works and the devs haven't asked them not to then how can you assert that it is reflective of a cheating mentality?

Do you think that devs are now intentionally making this event, ehem, let's roll with your theory, as boring as possible...and not just fixing something?

So you don't acknowledge that how a person thinks about the world has anything to do with whether they have a "cheating mentality"? That's an interesting, if incomprehensible position. If I think that using anything but a bow to hunt deer is cheating, does that mean a person who uses a rifle is guilty of an exploit?

Just operating with information I actually have. What's in fact is interesting, is how you know what players actually think. Do you know what I am thinking now? That's some super-hero stuff.

Let's add more info to the deer situation:

1) there was a hunting contest;
2) organizers thought participants will be using bows, because bows were right in front of their eyes and everything was suggesting that bows should be used;
4) some guys brought rifles instead, because there were no rules prohibiting usage of rifles;
5) organizers created rules and banned usage of rifles in their next contest.

Hmm, yes. Guys who brought rifles were exploiting the fact that there were no rules prohibiting usage of rifles. For me existence of newly created rules prove that. Doesn't matter what someone was thinking during the first contest.

The developer changing the game to discourage a behavior does not mean that behavior was an exploit, only that they want us to do things a different way. Nobody kept level one manufactories aand workshops a secret, we discussed them at length. At any time the devs could have had a community manager post saying "Please don't do that, we consider it an exploit. They didn't. They changed certain aspects of the game to reduce the value of the strategy.

First part is just brilliant. Jk. You like to speculate, so...why in your opinion do they want us to behave differently? This is probably most important question, so think carefully.
+
Do you realize that you're talking about Inno, right? Have you ever tried to contact support and report someone for breaking game's rules? Actual game rules, that are written, not vaguely implied. No? Okay. Then please don't make any assumptions about anything devs or our community managers could do.

There were no hotfixes when players found actual bugs that prohibited them from advancing and that made Inno lose money (magic buildings issue). They don't care about losing money, they have plenty, they don't care about forum. Fixing events just now? I'd say that was quite fast by their standards.

Btw, you seem to like out of place analogies, so here's one for you: if you'd see one person murdering another, and then another, and then another...and there wouldn't be anyone stopping the murderer, would you really think "Policemen aren't around, so everything's fine."?

Oops.
What's the definition of smearing? Is it anything like claiming someone made up a definition of something after making up your own definition?

Didn't claim that. It's a fact. Or didn't you make your own definition of an exploit, and it was a textbook one? I'm confused right now.

Sorry, that paragraph is incomprehensible to me. Am I supposed to have failed at being perfect? I'm not perfect. I'm a human being who has opinions and some skills and experience. Sometimes I read wrong and think someone wrote something when it was actually someone else. I always apologize when I realize it.
When someone apologizes to me, I don't drag out what they apologized about months later as proof they are bad people.

Calm down. I don't think you're a bad person at all, I quite like you actually. I just had an experience when you took a statement out of context and started to make conclusions, and then completely refused to follow logical steps that would lead to realization of your failure. So you're just stubborn, not bad. I've similar character, I just can't express myself in a manner you can (english is not my first language, so yours seem nearly flawless to me).

I note that you failed to read the parts in the current discussion where the most vocal people don't think the event is too hard, just that some parts of it are incredibly boring.

Yes, some posts might be interpreted in that way. Buuuuuut... it's too convenient to call event boring now. Isn't it? Reasons:

1) It's what, like fourth repetitive event? If I'd be bored from collecting stuff, I'd be bored from event long time ago......why this one is special?;
2) I'm not sure how far I am in a questline, but so far it seems that quests require much less collecting X things X times......so, yet again, less collecting of stuff = increase in boredom... how so, shouldn't effect be the opposite?;
3) Pay X amount of goods require resource management skills, and every player has to decide if he/she can pay that amount instantly, there's no tutorial for that.... not following tedious pattern and making your own decisions = increase in boredom?;
4) Majority of quests can be completed just by playing and collecting stuff on a daily basis, so majority of quests shouldn't even affect anyone at all?;
5) Quests are not mandatory...so, ehem.. don't even know what to say.

I think calling event boring is a clever, but at the same time stupid, way to express your feelings about changes made to it. Some don't want to admit that usage of lvl 1 buildings was an exploit and they liked exploiting things, because exploiting something just sounds bad, plus cheaters are exploiting things and no one wants to be called a cheater. Some just liked how easy following tutorial was, and they don't want to deal with challenges - admitting that might make someone look weak, no one wants to be called a weakling (or stupid, or incapable of doing simple math). Some are just are mad because they won't get enough beets to try to get as many "best" event buildings as they can in time, and get super-aggressive when you say that couple of pop/culture per square won't matter, because you basically question their intellect and ability to plan things properly. Some just think that rewards are not worth the effort anymore, aka spoiled players by Winter's event. Soon people who were simply unlucky will join the crowd saying that event was boring, poorly designed, rewards suck, free premium buildings is a trick to make us spend more money...etc.

No need to put words in my mouth. I don't think the majority of people "crying" (and thanks for gratuitous insulting us) think the event is too hard. I do think a lot of us think that some of the steps are boring, tedious, monotonous (and maybe even stupid, and pointless), though, which is not a good thing for any player to think about anything that wants to makes money by entertaining.

Finally someone said thank you! You're welcome. Though it's not an insult. Crying has it's place when something totally unfair is being done. Here devs are giving premium buildings left and right...but folks are getting upset because rewards are not as good as they expected, and they actually have to pay for them with goods and supplies. In a city-building game. Okay.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's enough to know four things to accuse majority of players with that:

1) there was an exploit;
2) players were happy using it;
3) usage of that exploit is limited now;
4) players are unhappy about Nr.3.

There's no need to know if players think/thought that they are/were exploiting something.
If you're going to blanket accuse a majority of people present of having a cheating mentality, you have to show supporting evidences. A person who doesn't know they aren't allowed to fish is not displaying a "cheating mentality" when they fish out of season. Everything else your write is just obfuscation for accusing people of having a "bad" mind set for doing something that you don't think they should have been doing.

SoggyShorts

2) I'm not sure how far I am in a questline, but so far it seems that quests require much less collecting X things X times......so, yet again, less collecting of stuff = increase in boredom... how so, shouldn't effect be the opposite?
There are WAY more collect x things Y times when you count that the "produce 20 bread" comes with a "gain xxxxxxx supplies", and there are 3 sets like that
For chapter 10 those 9 quests total somewhere around "gain 6,000,000 supplies".

Sure we now get a choice of what to make to satisfy those quests, but even if you are a robot, 16,000 beverages? If you have 10 max level workshops, that works out to over 130 hours of 5 minute productions. If that doesn't count as boring, I'm not sure what does.

DeletedUser3640

supporting evidences.

To all 4:

1) Usage of 1 lvl buildings, instead of upgraded ones;
2) Loads of posts in tutorial section, almost no negative feedback overall, and absolutely no negative feedback about lvl 1 building abuse. No reports about that, no questions about that;
3) Duh, self-explanatory;
4) Limitation of lvl 1 buildings abuse. Statements of majority of players, overall negative feedback.

There are WAY more collect x things Y times when you count that the "produce 20 bread" comes with a "gain xxxxxxx supplies", and there are 3 sets like that
For chapter 10 those 9 quests total somewhere around "gain 6,000,000 supplies".

Sure we now get a choice of what to make to satisfy those quests, but even if you are a robot, 16,000 beverages? If you have 10 max level workshops, that works out to over 130 hours of 5 minute productions. If that doesn't count as boring, I'm not sure what does.

Are those quests time-limited that you need to do 5 min productions all the time? Nope. Do you need to complete those quests asap, because other quests take more time? Nope. Are those quests completed automatically just by playing the game? Yes. Do devs take into consideration usage of spells and ancient wonders effects when designing such quests? Quite sure that answer is positive as well.