• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Event: The March of the Herds

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1178646
  • Start date

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'll see what I can accomplish by then and then save the rest for Vallorian and Chicken Glade.
The vallorian comes out day 11, and the chicken glade gives less pop than a residence at most(all?) chapters. I have no idea other than a possible Glossy Garden what I will do the last 20 days of event.....

qaccy

Seems like a bit of a waste to design art for a building that's going to blow itself up after not even a week. Why not make the unit boost itself a timed bonus but have the building normally provide something else as well so you can keep it in your city afterward? It sounds like a poor implementation of something that could be done without taking up city space (a spell, for instance), or could leave a usable building afterward to get a small bit of culture or something.

SoggyShorts

Seems like a bit of a waste to design art for a building that's going to blow itself up after not even a week.
It's an interesting new mechanic, but I agree it has such a limited use it's hard to think of who would want it. Sure some hardcore tournament player could get a one time ranking victory with them, but not much else. Maybe if you aren't max boost you could use a few to go a little further in your boosted tournament?
Or if your world map has a lot of scouted but not cleared provinces matching the unit type?
I know short term buildings aren't what I'm after. I'd much rather get something that is actually better than my winter stars from 3 chapters ago....

DeletedUser6689

Hopefully this event has some equivalent to the Glossy Garden - all that pop and culture makes it just the best choice for me. I have NINE of the Glossy Gardens and wish I had even more... But as I advance in chapters, I need to think about replacing the ones I have as they get outdated. I am about to exit fairies and enter orcs, and think I got the glossy gardens back in dwarves or even before...

DeletedUser8286

I find that completing the challenges in this event is taking up all my supplies so I can't upgrade or expand my cities, so I'm having to make a choice between the challenges or my cities in the game. I don't know if it's because none of my cities are big enough or is this a common issue everyone?

SoggyShorts

Hopefully this event has some equivalent to the Glossy Garden
Fingers crossed.
is this a common issue everyone?
Not sure about everyone, but pretty much all of my FS feels the same. Personally I've unlocked 2 expansions I can't place because every time I get close to the 7 million coins I get a quest like "pay 6.4 million coins"

DeletedUser5827

OK, question. Not only are the buildings gonna be crazy expensive to earn, but they go away??

Does this mean they fade from existence that leaves a hole in your city or just their ability goes away and you are left with a building that has no ability?

Asking for a friend ;) because I am not doing this anymore.

SoggyShorts

OK, question. Not only are the buildings gonna be crazy expensive to earn, but they go away??
Does this mean they fade from existence that leaves a hole in your city or just their ability goes away and you are left with a building that has no ability?
Asking for a friend ;) because I am not doing this anymore.

Only 3 buildings are temporary, the +10% mage/ranged and HP buildings.

DeletedUser5827

I know they are temporary. What happens when they expire? Do they leave the building behind and it has nothing? Or will it become an empty space like nothing was ever there?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Looks like the Orc's Nest is making its reappearance. If this continues throughout each of the seasonal events, people may just delete their armories and have the dwarven bulwark provide troop storage.

DeletedUser3821

I find that completing the challenges in this event is taking up all my supplies so I can't upgrade or expand my cities, so I'm having to make a choice between the challenges or my cities in the game. I don't know if it's because none of my cities are big enough or is this a common issue everyone?
It doesn't have anything to do with the size of your city. I have a fairly large city in the WE chapter and I'm ending my participation in the event because my goods are at an all time low and I'm unable to help my FS with their supply of goods. I resent losing all those goods for an event that should be fun. This isn't fun! It's frustrating! :mad: Are you taking notes, Inno???

Risen Malchiah

I like the concept of the "pay" quests because they can be completed immediately. It's the *amount* that is excessive. And the sheer amount of supplies we need to produce to complete some of the quests is ridiculous. A single quest should not take *days.*

People like to finish the quests as early as possible and save their points for when something good comes up. At this point, I will barely have enough points for a decent shot at the Orc Nest.

dikke ikke

I admit the event is messing up a bit the current tourney, because of the 'paying' quests but in the later levels of the game everything is about good planning. It is day 9 of the event and I am at quest 64. This event will be harder to finish in time as other big events before because of the requested supplies, building a lot of level 1 workshops only don't work anymore

dikke ikke

this big event is harder as the previous ones, normally I end them in 10 to 14 days, but not this time. Especially getting millions of coins and loads of supplies is slowing things down, it is not something you can plan upfront, planning can get you halfway but then you still have to get the other half. I hope to get to quest 88 today.

Risen Malchiah

I'm on quest 76 in one city and 84 in another. That was with as much pre-planning as possible, but I just couldn't plan for the excessive amounts of coins and supplies I needed to produce. I'd much rather be done with the quest list and just have the dailies for the remainder of the event.

If Inno is listening, here are the key points for next time:
- Lower the excessive amounts of the gain supplies and gain coins quests.
- Lower the amounts of the "pay" quests. They're not unpopular. They're just excessive. I quite liked the concept in theory.
- Group 3h, 9h and 1d quests into a single quest. Collecting the wrong things at the wrong time is not fun.
- Add more new quests. There are plenty of ideas mentioned in the forums that are more interesting than "Produce 200 beverages."

edeba

Wait until you get to the last pay goods quests, 90, 91 and 92. Absolutely nothing fun about that and excessive beyond comprehension, followed by the insane supply quest. These just weren't fun and I think probably put completion beyond the ability of newer players. Actually, anyone who is a player that just gets on once or twice per day is probably cut out by these quests.

I'm on quest 76 in one city and 84 in another. That was with as much pre-planning as possible, but I just couldn't plan for the excessive amounts of coins and supplies I needed to produce. I'd much rather be done with the quest list and just have the dailies for the remainder of the event.

If Inno is listening, here are the key points for next time:
- Lower the excessive amounts of the gain supplies and gain coins quests.
- Lower the amounts of the "pay" quests. They're not unpopular. They're just excessive. I quite liked the concept in theory.
- Group 3h, 9h and 1d quests into a single quest. Collecting the wrong things at the wrong time is not fun.
- Add more new quests. There are plenty of ideas mentioned in the forums that are more interesting than "Produce 200 beverages."