• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tale of the Wandering Moon feedback

DeletedUser

I scouted ahead and cleared, just so I wouldn't have to wait to clear for the newest chapter....it worked fine until I quit because I thought I was finished with gaining anymore land....My biggest regret, not scouting....just in case.......:oops:

Tauriel Dragonwood

The change was over a year ago (maybe a year and a half?). Perhaps it's just your playstyle, but have you been in the fairies chapter that whole time? Luckily, since the fairies chapter is rather easy, you should be able to get access to orc armories by the time the next event comes around.
I have a family to take care of, work and attend college so I've been extremely busy. Real life comes first over a game. Currently, I am at the end of the Fairies Chapter researching their Ancient Wonders, which takes a HUGE amount of Ambrosia and Night Essence. These events are not designed with the individual in mind and they are not set up for all levels of play. They shouldn't design them that way because it just frustrates the new players when they know there's no way they can finish the event.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Yay! I finished the event, saved the world and really could use those 450 more citizens after so much population was taken from me. I'm trying to convince my friends to come back to Elvenar but after reading the posts in the forum, they won't until they see the quests are geared for every type of player.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Not a fan of leveling the playing field in events so all chapters can finish them. If my Ch 4 city could do what my S&D city can do, what point would there be in trying to do more? I enjoy challenging myself, and the great feeling when I finally get the city to the point where it actually accomplishes a goal. I was tickled pink in the last FA in my Ch 4 city with an open FS that has maybe 5 semi-active members. Took all week to do one path in the first stage, but enjoyed getting that Vallorian Valor even more than doing all 3 stages and coming in in the top 30 in the S&D city.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have a family to take care of, work and attend college so I've been extremely busy.
This seems a little dishonest... If you logged into your cities on the same days as you posted on the forums, you could have finished fairies in the last 12 months. You have posted multiple times before that you are choosing to play slow and don't like the look of orc buildings, and that is why you aren't there yet.
These events are not designed with the individual in mind and they are not set up for all levels of play.
Yeah, everyone who shows up should get a blue ribbon!:mad::mad::mad::rolleyes:
Not a fan of leveling the playing field in events so all chapters can finish them.
Exactly. They even were nice enough to give buildings at various stages in the questline this time.

Risen Malchiah

These events are not designed with the individual in mind and they are not set up for all levels of play. They shouldn't design them that way because it just frustrates the new players when they know there's no way they can finish the event.
This particular event was probably one of the easiest we've seen in a long time. I agree that events should be playable by all levels of players (which for the most part they are since many of the quests scale to a player's chapter), but that doesn't mean the game must cater to someone who chooses to take a year in one chapter when most players will finish that in a tenth of the time. I get that you have real life responsibilities and such, and that this is just a game. But to cater to your playstyle, the developers would have to remove all "solve encounters" quests.

The one thing that would be nice is if the Orc Nest buildings started producing orcs before the Orc chapter. That would be a nifty feature that would alleviate the problems for players who advance too quickly before they get the ability to make orcs. But then again, it would probably encourage players to expand even further before they should.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I will be finished tomorrow morning. It took a while since I had to scout. I think this was a pretty easy event even with the scouting delays. No complaints here :cool: The event seemed pretty easy since it was long enough that scouting time wasn't a worry. It was also a welcome distraction to the wait times for Amuni goods. The timing was perfect for me. With having to sell a bunch of stuff to fit Amuni the prizes were a welcome surprise. It is hard for me to find fault with 9000+ culture and 2300 pop in 3 small buildings right in the nick of time :D

Tauriel Dragonwood

This particular event was probably one of the easiest we've seen in a long time. I agree that events should be playable by all levels of players (which for the most part they are since many of the quests scale to a player's chapter), but that doesn't mean the game must cater to someone who chooses to take a year in one chapter when most players will finish that in a tenth of the time. I get that you have real life responsibilities and such, and that this is just a game. But to cater to your playstyle, the developers would have to remove all "solve encounters" quests.
I am not thinking of myself because I have no problem spending diamonds if I'm stuck. I'm thinking of the new players who ARE having a difficult time completing these quests because they either do not have strong troops yet to fight and solve encounters or they do not have enough goods buildings to spend the goods to negotiate. They just started the game. Give them a break and make the quests suitable for the new players also.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am not thinking of myself because I have no problem spending diamonds if I'm stuck. I'm thinking of the new players who ARE having a difficult time completing these quests because they either do not have strong troops yet to fight and solve encounters or they do not have enough goods buildings to spend the goods to negotiate. They just started the game. Give them a break and make the quests suitable for the new players also.

That shouldn't be a real problem. I have a couple of small cities that I don't really play much. I was actually shocked by how small the cater demands are for Encounters. Never mind how short the scout times are. I can't imagine it being a huge burden for even newbies if they are actually playing the game even minimally. Honestly, if the game just handed new players everything then what would be the point of playing it at all?.

Risen Malchiah

I'm thinking of the new players who ARE having a difficult time completing these quests because they either do not have strong troops yet to fight and solve encounters or they do not have enough goods buildings to spend the goods to negotiate.
Scouting and solving encounters is quite trivial in the early chapters because the game now gives players so many free troops in the beginning. If anything, it is too easy to overexpand now. My one continued concern with events like this is that a player who insists on playing solo *will* be forced to overexpand if they attempt to finish all the gain relics quests on the world map.
I have a couple of small cities that I don't really play much. I was actually shocked by how small the cater demands are for Encounters. Never mind how short the scout times are. I can't imagine it being a huge burden for even newbies if they are actually playing the game even minimally. Honestly, if the game just handed new players everything then what would be the point of playing it at all?.
Exactly. I have a newish city that's about 17 weeks old (just entering Dwarves) and had no problem completing Walpurgis Night (while in chapter 1) and all other events since then, including Woodelvenstock and now Wandering Moon.

shimmerfly

Honestly, if the game just handed new players everything then what would be the point of playing it at all?.
I sure wouldn't have stayed in the game if I had been given everything. I enjoyed trying to complete my first event and didn't come to the forum then. So had none of quest lines to prepare from. I still had a lot of fun trying and that's what kept me coming back.

DeletedUser17667

I just finished. I'm so tickled!! I didn't finish the quest in my Beta city, I stopped after I got the Star Stone, because I didn't think I'd be able to cover the last few tasks. I should have pushed through though, because as it turned out I was able to complete some of the tasks just doing things I do anyway. I ran out of time on the very last task. :(

But in my city here I "hyper-planned" and I'm glad I did. I had fun, and the rewards are lovely. :D:D

DeletedUser188

Not quite finished with event yet but have to agree it has been one of the easy ones
These are my thoughts on scouting and gaining provinces(I started my Arendyll city on day it was released)
I currently have 467 conquered provinces with 38 scouted ready to be conquered
Just started another scout at a cost of 6.7 million coin and a time of 79:52 hrs
Haven't stopped my scout (only when I forgot about him he sat idle)and don't plan on it
Don't care one bit that I am not earning expansions or that they ask us to solve encounters or scout a province for event quests
I scout and conquer provinces because its part of the game I have been since the start and don't plan on stopping regardless

HJK84

Listen to us for once and get rid of "Solve X encounters" I am tired of Scouting provinces that don't count toward expansions......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I refuse to scout with no rewards period.......

I suppose unless you have one of the few AWs that get stronger with completed provinces, 8 kp and a few relics you likely don't need isn't much incentive to keep solving encounters when you're above max.

Although I'm far from this. I do agree fully.
If you need Relics even at such high levels. I think it's better/easier via Tournies. Same for Kp or even Runes.
As @Risen Malchiah mentioned, unless you want to boost up the 2-3? AW's that gain power via Expansions... then there really isn't any reason to scout.

There has to be a change here.

Inno. must care for their long term, high value, loyal members in some way. I can think of many.

This reminds me of telecommunication companies (here in Qc), they offer unbelievably sick deals, offers, plans, prices for brand new members.
But when it comes to the loyal ones who have been with them for 10-15 + years... 0.
I expect this from North American companies, cause they value $ over, customer service.
Europe, and I can even say Germany has a much higher value towards loyalty, humanity, etc.
So, come now Inno. help out those loyal customers if only a tad, so they feel special. There are many minor things that can be done or offered to accomplish this ;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Listen to us for once and get rid of "Solve X encounters" I am tired of Scouting provinces that don't count toward expansions......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I refuse to scout with no rewards period.......

I'm still scouting even though I have all of the expansions. I just don't want to give up the around 6-7 KP per day from maxed coins that I get from visiting neighbors :p It's not bad now that we can do visits on mobile.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
It's a sour point with me, My FS does 10 chest weekly tourneys, and continuing to scout uses alot of goods .....

Agreed :) I do have a tendency to scout them & leave them sit until I need to do encounters for quests. Recently I cherry picked so I could get my crystal relics up to 700 for the T5 boost. It does seem to me that the tournaments have gotten harder/more demanding recently. I'm not sure why but I'm watching inventory more than I ever have.