• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tedium Reductions

• Thread starter DeletedUser18465
  • Start date

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am curious - did @jps54 make this request via this or another forum, or was there some kind of live interaction opportunity that was used?
in other words: what's the best/most effective way to interact with the inno folks on things like this (ie: regarding reduction of tedium)?
Mostly on these and the Beta forums, but also in the Live Q&A sessions(which are your best chance I think)

I don't know where you get your averages from, but, i have more than your averages on building counts, and there are plenty of other players that have way more than me!
The average player has far fewer expansions than you. In fact, you have a whopping 20 more expansions than I had in your chapter.
Naturally, with a city ~40% larger you have more than the average number of factories.

DeletedUser18465

SoggyShorts - how / where do i find out about the live Q&A sessions?

Deleted User - 1580260

1. Do something about having to constantly enable FLASH - which won't be around much longer
2. For trades allow a 'post trade x times' so I dont have to click 10 times to put up 1000 qty trades for my lower level guys in the FS
3. Allow a dont see at all for 1* trades

SoggyShorts

1. Do something about having to constantly enable FLASH - which won't be around much longer
They are still beta testing HTML5, but it shouldn't be long now (by inno standards)
Meanwhile, check out this thread on how to fix it:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....to-the-flashplayer-problem.17302/#post-113306
2. For trades allow a 'post trade x times' so I dont have to click 10 times to put up 1000 qty trades for my lower level guys in the FS
3. Allow a dont see at all for 1* trades
Personally I think that it would be far superior to allow buyers to take partial trades rahter than helping players flood the trader with multiple trades.
e.g. Instead of you posting 10 trades of 4,000 planks for steel,
you post 40,000 planks for steel and buyers can take it 10% at a time.
trader improved.png

DeletedUser18465

i do like the idea of being able to take partial trades.

DeletedUser18465

so, what I've learned from the inno support people is that they appear to monitor these threads, and, when they find one that has sufficient 'activity', they start to give some attention to what the thread is about or asking for.

so.....

my main dislikes are:

during fellowship adventures, having to (with the web client) perform 22 mouse move and click operations in order to cycle back through the collectible items to get back to the same item I may have just collected. this is a royal pain. if they could have a scrolling list to allow more direct access, that would be great. if they did not advance the item after it's been collected, that would be a huge improvement.

during normal play, neighbor visits are a huge pain. yes, some people have posted about how to minimize the pain, but really, those suggestions are not good solutions to allow you to visit all of your neighbors. while I understand that only visiting *some* neighbors might be how some people play, I prefer to visit *all* neighbors. i would love to be able to choose to respect my neighbor's desires or not, and be able to define, per neighbor, whether I want to honor their request, or just always do a certain thing.

keyboard shortcuts for all dialog popup window clickable buttons would be another huge thing that would benefit players doing repetitive actions.

improvements to the above areas of concern will not have any impact on how often neighborly visits are done, nor on how quickly the resources needed for items can be created during fellowship adventures.

if improvements are implemented, because we are spending less time doing mundane things with the user interface, it will allow more time for players to consider how they'd like to improve their situation, and potentially achieve that improvement by spending diamonds.

DeletedUser19643

I like Elvenar. But, I have to say, that it's quite tiresome and time consuming at times, when it need not be.

I believe the game would be improved by providing ways to reduce the number of clicks/presses needed to do certain things.

While I understand that, as makers of this game, that it may seem attractive for us to individually have to interact each and every time with every item, but I can tell you that as a player, it quickly gets to the point of inducing repetitive strain injury, and it would make this game much more playable, especially for those that are limited in time available to play per day.

I completely concur with this - between the carpal tunnel and the falling asleep as I cycle through 23 quests so I can do the same one back-to-back I am ready to rage quit at least once a day

DeletedUser18465

with the new Fellowship Adventure coming up, do you think Inno have done *anything* to reduce the number of clicks it takes on the web client to collect multiple of the same item?

eg: if you have multiple stage 1 resources, and they've completed their production cycle, and now you need to 'collect' the items, here is what happens:

a) cycle through the items to find the one you want to collect. (takes up to 23 move/clicks)
b) carefully select the buildings that have the resources you need
c) cycle through the collectible items *again* then go to b) and repeat for as many times as you have resources.

it's a crazy number of clicks.

it would be great if they'd just leave the current item right where it is (and not advance it after collection is achieved).

another thing they *could* do is allow you to get to the type of item you want to collect, and then, just let you click-drag over all of the items, without having to individually get the set (eg: 3 steel, 3 marble, 3 planks), and hey, you've collected 3 of those items.

what say you?

SoggyShorts

what say you?
Literally, everyone says the same thing: ANY improvement would be nice, and we're just waiting for inno to implement one of the 6 that would be perfect.

The absolute least they could do is implement the mobile "next" system to live. Hopefully with the addition that the quest starts at the same one you just finished.

Last edited:

DeletedUser18465

yes. just leaving the item where it was, would be a good initial improvement.

also: adding numerical shortcuts for the dialog buttons would help speed things along too. eg: the decline / accept buttons. if they had single-key press keyboard shortcuts that can activate one or other of the buttons, it would mean using the keyboard would be possible, which would potentially speed things up too. if we could have a way to use the keyboard to speed through the items, it would be quicker than having to use the mouse.

both of these seem like 'simple to do' kinds of changes.