• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Buried City

hoopity

You can't control which chests will show up, but you do get to choose whether to spend your tools uncovering fogged over chests. I skipped quite a few chests that were heavy on KP and KP-instants. But I can understand how using tools without finding anything feels less rewarding then the other format where you always get something on every click.

Alram

Flippers just flip
The days I actually wanted the daily prize I did not get it. The days I just moved to the right to spend my currency, daily prizes rained down on me. I ended up in Silver league in all 4 cities with a building I don't even like. :rolleyes:

Soleil Nightbloom

The days I actually wanted the daily prize I did not get it. The days I just moved to the right to spend my currency, daily prizes rained down on me. I ended up in Silver league in all 4 cities with a building I don't even like. :rolleyes:
The very same thing happened to me, as well! I ended up in silver, which is fine by me because I was not a huge fan of the portrait. Still haven’t placed the new building either, it seems a bit lackluster to me.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol you two
I tried to avoid buried treasure on days that I didn't like the prize, and played re-roll roulette.
Silver in every city that finished the questline, 9 out of 10. I have the 2nd base in 3 cities as well. Good event, and yup, the building has been up in my Beta city ever since someone decided I didn't need to finish FA.

Tehya1

In this event, my secondary city ended 9 tablets short of the 2nd base building, mainly because I made a couple really stupid moves. (I was paying more attention to my kitty than the computer screen!;))
LOL! I make mistakes because I am fighting the cats for computer time. One of mine keeps trying to log me into the dark web.

Tehya1

Just for feedback. Not trying to start a debate. In my Fellowship at least 12 did not participate in this event. That includes me. Seems pretty prevalent that this format is viewed as a waste of time and frustration since you can waste a bunch of event currency and not get anything of value. It is seen as just too blind with no choice on what to try for.
I love the format, but some of my fs members didn't do as well.

Moho

Chef
The only real RNG factor in this one is the maze generation.
No, it isn't. The event currency dropping on the outskirts is different in different cities. I've been verifying this for a long time and I'm pretty sure of it.

Please give us more skill based mini games in League events - it makes the game far more enjoyable!
Devs, please ignore this demand. Mini games make players waste their time with activities that have nothing to do with city building or city running. They only break people's concentration and cause them to squader event currency so that they will miss the final artifact and spend diamonds to eventually obtain it.

Oh, now I get it. (Not...)

Elramike

Shouldn't you get the league benefits that you are at when you finish the event? I finished the event a day before it was over expecting to have earned the Bronze level of prizes and when the event ended it kicked me down to the Iron level! What's the point if you finish early the only way to keep playing is to collect the donkeys around the edge of your city, which are not enough to maintain your position, or Buy them, which is not right at all!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Shouldn't you get the league benefits that you are at when you finish the event?
You are competing with everyone else on the server and how they finish when event ends. There really isn’t an individual finish line because you can keep going on grand prizes forever. Therefore, you can’t really finish before the event ends. I bum rushed the circuit to get it evolved enough to make Orcs right away before maxing it out to switch to timers.

Iyapo1

@Elramike The leagues are updated every hour during the event and league rank only gets "locked in" in the last hour. From elvengems:
  • Hobby League: This is the beginner’s level.
  • Iron League: Contains the top 50% of event currency spenders on your world.
  • Bronze League: Contains the top 20% of event currency spenders on your world.
  • Silver League: Contains the top 5% of event currency spenders on your world.
  • Gold League: Contains the top 1% event currency spenders on your world. The elite level!
Bronze league put you in the top 20% of event currency spenders, sadly you got passed by other players before the event ended.

Tehya1

Shouldn't you get the league benefits that you are at when you finish the event?
Lots of players save their event currency for the last day, or they buy more, sometimes just to get into the gold league. I was in the gold league during my first event and was bumped all the way to bronze on the last day. It was really frustrating, but I learned to not count on staying in a league.

I can't type long enough to give you event advice that might help with the leagues and with spending event currrency wisely in general, but do ask before the next event. There should be a thread soon for the next one.

The Unbeliever

No, it isn't. The event currency dropping on the outskirts is different in different cities. I've been verifying this for a long time and I'm pretty sure of it.
This is a constant regardless of the event type. There is nothing remotely different regarding the randomness of incident quality between the Buried City/Halloween, vs. say the Phoenix + Fall events, vs. the May & Winter shuffle board style events.
But good strawman! :rolleyes:

Devs, please ignore this demand. Mini games make players waste their time with activities that have nothing to do with city building or city running. They only break people's concentration and cause them to squader event currency so that they will miss the final artifact and spend diamonds to eventually obtain it.

Oh, now I get it. (Not...)
Learn how the mini game works and how best to utilise your tools. If you need help learning how to best maximise your tools, then ask... there's plenty of Forge players about who've been playing this style of mini game for 3+ years and are quite adept at it. (...and I promise, we don't bite!;))
This event format is much easier to gain all 9 artifacts, since you're not constantly praying to RNGesus to bless you with bonus event currency AND an above average pull of the top 3 chest options.

It's not as easy as the shuffleboard style, but at least there's not threat of getting RNG screwed by 3-4 strait rotations of only the worst 3 chest options, and/or getting hosed on obtaining the bonus currency. :p
In the 3 rotating chest events, I'm always sweating bullets until the very end to see if I can scrap by my final artifact. With the 'digging game' though? I'm never worried about making it, same deal with the shuffleboard style events.

...now if only the devs would give us a re-skin of the Wildlife mini game!? (hint-hint: please devs, please give us an Elvenar'd version of the Wildlife mini game from FoE - it's extremely fun, we win lots of stuff, and it requires at least a couple log-ins a day to use up all the mini game tickets!;))

Moho

Chef
Learn how the mini game works and how best to utilise your tools.
I know how it works and I have no problem getting the 9 artifacts. It's just that it is not fun wasting my time doing something boring for such a long period of time. I would rather do another Spire than trudge through this "intelligent" charade.

This is a constant regardless of the event type.
Yes, including this event. This variation accounts for the differences in the performance of my cities. Not the so-called "ability" of mine. Even the 1958 Tennis for Two required more skills to play.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Bottom line here I've been here 2 years now... only 3 sets, and 2 of them were
recent events, everything else has been an evolve. Evolve events have FAs, where
you can earn those miss'd artifacts..... = less ppl complaining not hitting 260.

I guarentee you if we had a FA after Manor or Ruins, that gave a 2nd copy
of the last 2 pieces offered ( that ppl mighta miss'd getting ) everyone would
be happy as a clam .....

The only time the Nerf'd events really hurt is when there is No FA after, to get
players whatever they came up short on....

The Fog/digging format requires some skill and learning, and more than
2 brain cells....

InfinitiQX80

elvenar meme.jpg