• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
You're complaining that they got something you don't have,
BUT
The cauldron makes the game easier by giving a small boost which means you can have something they didn't have.

You could embrace the gift you've been given and thank inno for the very nice little boost you'll have during your play and appreciate that you won't have to work as hard as those who played for years without any such bonus.
Or not. Whatever blows your hair back.
I know that wasnt directed directly to me, but i figured id mention anyway..
For me; i dont begrudge those that got those extra moon library sets. They saw the benefit and got what they could, while they could. They had the foresight and will gain the benefits of that. So i dont begrudge them at all on that. - I do begrudge myself a little bit for not realizing that at the time.. Because i remember ppl talking about them.I took a quick took, wasnt impressed, never payed attention to it again. Was kinda baffled why ppl kept talking about it.. (Ah.. so innocent little one... )
I honestly wasnt rly paying closer attention to anything really.. until jsut before the fire phoenix was announced. It was right before that that i started to put together a theoretical plan for becoming a good military city. But i new it would take a long time because all of the AW's needed. And then the fire phoenix came out. I actually ahd to confirm a few times that it actually said +50%. I thought no way in hell they would actually do that so i must be missing something. Low and behold, thats what it was. And that made my plans actually seem feasible. (And since then have become reality... in this fantasy game).
So that was when i (finally) began first starting to pay attention. Sadly, not enough attention. Because if i had realized i could have gotten a second fire phoenix base in the first event... Id have done that. Hell, thats one thing i might have even gotten some diamonds for.
So i dont begrudge anyone for having extra because they were smart enough to relaize things.. or see someone mention them and go for it themselves.. My fear about that is if Inno starts making things on the basis that ppl have those extreme extras is a normal thing. Because if they do that, then a lot of ppl are screwed. - Which brings me all the way back around to the whole spell fragment limitation (for those without extra moon library sets) and a new feature wanting to use even more of em. And a large amount (potentially) of em at that.

You could embrace the gift you've been given and thank inno for the very nice little boost you'll have during your play and appreciate that you won't have to work as hard as those who played for years without any such bonus.
Or not. Whatever blows your hair back.
As for that.. i think that the most annoying part. We get that little bonus because of how its set up. But one of several different small adjustments would make it so much more effective. And i cant help but see it that way because its right there! Its right within reach. One little adjustment away from being reality!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
one of several different small adjustments would make it so much more effective. And i cant help but see it that way because its right there! Its right within reach. One little adjustment away from being reality!
There are loads of tiny adjustments that could make a feature better more powerful. That doesn't mean they are a good idea. (they could give a second Firechicken base, or add a "1" in front of the "+50%")
This game already suffers from runaway inflation and poor balancing, I'd rather have a small bonus from the cauldron each week instead of 5 separate sips and have inno counter that power with +20% increases in catering costs and enemy troop strength for example.

Yogi Dave

Also.. how the hell do you have 500k frags?
Anyone with 6+ moonsets can have ~1m SF
E.G. I didn't even play during the first 12 months after the spire came out, have 8 moonsets and 1.3m SF
At one time I had 8 sets placed, but am down to 5, though I have 3 libs still in inventory.
Meaning those us who came later are at an extreme disadvantage. Used to be just in crafting/CCs. Guess that wasn't bad enough, had to add the cauldron too.
I've reached the end of chapters since Amuni, so have an abundance of everything. But I do understand the feeling, at least to some extent. When I started those who had been there earlier had the buildings from the winter '16 event and I was envious of them at the time. It seemed like there was no way to catch up with them. Time passed and things changed. There were arguments from the start of the spire about the moonstone set being too powerful, especially with it being unlimited and producing too many scrolls. Inno could have... but that is just so much water under the bridge. And who knows what Inno will do next. Some will be good, some not so good, but hopefully that will be adjusted. Personally, I think their clampdown of only 1 moonstone set as being too limited since so many of us have so many. I know someone in the forum has 11 placed

Dew Spinner

If i could do that on barracks troops and without diamonds/frags then that would be nice. Thats atleast 2 tourney runs (Without timewarp/bear.) Done on thursday i could do the whole spire and two runs of tourney (3rd and 4th).
Also.. how the hell do you have 500k frags? Did you disenchant your whole inventory? Im usually around 100k ish. But i only craft military stuff because i cant keep up with frags/catalysts to do more. And the damn vision vapor badge in the FA kills any resource gains i might have made.

I feel like this might might end up in a whole side conversation... but im curious lol. So do elaborate.

Since iv stayed put so long, iv got some nice work on aw for my level. Lvl 30 GA, MH, MM, Needles. Lvl 19 shrooms. lvl 17 pt. Lvl 13 bulwark. And im working on getting the next to up to 30 now. Lvl 17 Watchtower ruins, and lvl 16 thrones.
My FA, MM, HF, Needles, DA, BTG, VS, Simia, TW, SSS and Toads are all level 30. My GA is level 17 and my PT is level 16. don't want to level my GA or PT anymore because I don't want to add any more to my Tournament/Spire penalty. I would actually take my GA and PT back down to level 15 if I could.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

• Find an AW that still has the Top Chest open
  • Donate enough points to claim the Top Chest
  • Thereafter you can add hundreds of Perk Points without bumping anybody
  • It works best if you have a swap partner, and if neither chest is flagged as a Favorite.
There are other approaches that are more efficient, Net0 in particular, but it's always convenient to have an overflow swap partner.
You didn't read my comment, those chests are already taken 90+% of the time.

Killy-

What are 10 kps these days anyways? I only use them, if a quest wants me to spend kps or if I feel like I have the time to search for a wonder (too lazy most of the time).

@Dominionofgod Looks like you have to get to the Timewarp and the polar bear and do all tournament in one go. But at that point you will have so many boosters, that the cauldron is again underwhelming. ^^

Last edited:

gw1500se

I've jut entered the Orc phase and have activated Portal, Squad and Armory. I started working on Swamp Trail. Suddenly yesterday some time everthing to the end of the game turned green as it activated. However, I was unable to access anything. Today everything I did not complete has been grayed out so I cannot proceed with the game. I can no longer participate.

gw1500se

Originally it was grayed out so I could not access it. However, now everything is green again as if activated. I was able to active the cauldren but everything is still activated (by that i mean all the way to the end of the game) but none of it is clickable.

Bizarrely, after logging out and logging back in things seem back to normal. This is obviously a weird bug.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
My FA, MM, HF, Needles, DA, BTG, VS, Simia, TW, SSS and Toads are all level 30. My GA is level 17 and my PT is level 16. don't want to level my GA or PT anymore because I don't want to add any more to my Tournament/Spire penalty. I would actually take my GA and PT back down to level 15 if I could.
Why would you want to take down a GA of all aw's? Population is always good.

@Dominionofgod Looks like you have to get to the Simia Sapiens and the polar bear and do all tournament in one go. But at that point you will have so many boosters, that the cauldron is again underwhelming. ^^
timewarp reduces cool down time. But im only at the start of chap 9. Thats a looooooooong way off..

Katwick

Cartographer
You didn't read my comment, those chests are already taken 90+% of the time.
Talk to some of your neighbors, rather just the folks in your Fellowship.

Just an observation, but if you guys have dozens of AWs sitting there half full, you need to take a serious look at using a Net0 approach.

In Net0 until somebody has accumulated enough Tokens to cover their 2/3rds of the level, announced AWs are LOANED the exact amount that will be recovered when the AW is upgraded, usually within 24 hours.

The magic of Net0 that the SAME Tokens can be loaned several times over, so the average cost of leveling our AWs is just a tad over 2/3rds of the listed cost. Furthermore, if you're paying attention, you can convert excess Runes, Perks, and raw KPs into AW Tokens, which are portable and storable.

Killy-

timewarp reduces cool down time. But im only at the start of chap 9. Thats a looooooooong way off..
Ah yes, I wrote the wrong wonder. ^^ Until then it is hard to use the fighting stuff from the cauldron, but with the other effects it is the same imo.

Dew Spinner

I have 118,000+ available population, I don't need the 12,700 population that the GA is currently giving me, it wouldn't even make a dent if I sold my GA. I am already going to the Wholesaler 35 to 40 times a day, between my coins and supplies, so the loss of coins from selling the GA wouldn't even make a dent.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Some people fill their city with event buildings that provide everything they need.
I have 118,000+ available population, I don't need the 12,700 population that the GA is currently giving me, it wouldn't even make a dent if I sold my GA. I am already going to the Wholesaler 35 to 40 times a day, between my coins and supplies, so the loss of coins from selling the GA wouldn't even make a dent.
Then max out the GA and then teleport all those extra population buildings you dont need back into inventory? Might give you a good bit of extra room. Even if you build a few more efficent cult buildings if you need to make up for teleing hybrids, you should still come out on top with more room.
Im only on chap 9, maybe the focus changes later on in the game. But that was my thought when i designed my city. (still in progress)