• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Cauldron is complete garbage... Change my mind!

Starr621

That one is not unlocked until chapter 22, which is not even in the game yet.

Ok that's what I was hoping for. I'm still far far away from the end game and plan to invest a lot of resources into the health boosts (mostly barracks and mercenaries as I find those units more useful). Until then, I won't be investing a whole lot into the cauldron other than the weekly witch points.

Edit: I saw from the other thread on the spreadsheet '22?HB' meaning Ch.22 Health Barracks.

Last edited:

Ibison

Spend a minute or two on clicking to get some extra goods or combat help. That is not garbage. Don't have to optimize, or even look at percentages. Just click and let it happen. Maybe get something good, maybe not. But you get something that is not garbage

kctanzen

It's a lot of fun when you get, without adding fragments or diamonds, and only using surplus goods to level things up ... a friendly Hedge Witch that blesses you with a 28% supplies boost lasting 22 hours, on top of a 215% culture bonus.....
I think this was already answered -- but it is additive, not multiplied. Going from 215 to 243% supplies is significant any way you look at it I think, if you have the time to take advantage of the bonus. I made good use of it with a bear blitz training up a bunch of troops, for example.

Tawneywild

Other than the timing of actually brewing potions, I've figured out a way to use the cauldron that somewhat works for me. I agree it would be best to be able to use the potions when I want during the week, not just when I remember to activate the cauldron before playing for the day, which I feel gives me the most benefit since it's all random.

I use up to half of the points I earn each week to add ingredients and brew potions - mostly just randomly pick ingredients and brew when the success rate goes to 50% or greater. Most brews are successful on my two higher level characters.

Then I use the remaining half of the points I earn each week to enhance the levels. I never use resources or diamonds (sorry Inno) to level them up.

Over time this has allowed most of the potions that get brewed on my Traders of Unar level and Embassies characters to have a decent amount of time on them so they are almost useful, and also a decent boost percentage for whatever they are good for. They have about 4,000ish points each week to divide up between potions and enhancements so most enhancement levels are getting in the level 20-25 range now. I do the same for Tarea, my beta character in Fairies, but consider it more a building for the future kind of thing since her points each week are so limited, though she does get one or two potions a week.

One thing I do like is you don't have to enhance just the benefits from the potions you brewed - you can select any of the types available to your character. I love that you can use all the points, and any partial enhancement level stays until you can finish it off the next week. This way I can keep them more balanced.

I agree with the posters, that if they'd change the timing of the cauldron (which makes ZERO sense to me) OR allow you store and use the potions within a certain amount of days then the Cauldron would be received better.