• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Elvenar!

DeletedUser2870

Well, I am past half way in the chapter and cleared all the gating requirements with no tech lock. It's only smooth sailing from now till the end. So tech lock is not a guarantee ;)
Unless you are tied to this game every 3 hours (AND every 7) to reset them, not taking longer to sleep it seems pretty weird. Not to mention one would have to have a ridiculous amount of academies and other buildings to produce enough.
Like I said, I'd really like to take a look at your city and see how that is organised to accomplish that but can't seem to find your nick on any of the first 6 US servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3932582

Sure:

At this point in time, however, I can remove extra 1x of T4 and T5, as well as the whole settlement (except portal), and it still won't jeopardize zero techlock goal. The only reason I keep producing research goods is to save about 500% of Portal Profits (which I can afford to waste). I am definitely removing 2x Academies soon as I have idled them for days now - I have enough ideas and workforce until the end of the chapter.

Unless you are tied to this game every 3 hours (AND every 7) to reset them, not taking longer to sleep it seems pretty weird.
By itself, it won't be enough for Academy productions gates, at least not with my KP accumulation rates.

DeletedUser2870

Thanks, but that's a planner, what server are you on?
And that planner only has only 4 working academies, the other 2 are disconnected and only there to keep the 2nd set working.
So basically you are telling with this schedule that you never got techlocked with only 4 working academies and 2 sets of the 2nd buildings, while I seem to have been tech-locked with 8 WORKING academies and 2 sets of the 2nd buildings. Haven't even unlocked the vaults yet because I don't have enough of those goods yet and I've been running those buildings every 7 hours.

To unlock the tech for all 3 the buildings of the 2nd type, one needs only 270 KPs. That's about 11 days if one has no other sources but the daily KPs and a few from the tourney, but you also get 2/day from the ToS.
However, one also needs 440.000 of workforce and ideas each, for a total of 880.000 (not counting what one needs to power the next set or the other techs). They can't be over lvl 2 at that moment, as one can't unlock those levels until later. Even with a lvl12 BTG (and yours is lvl6, so the produced amount is lower) I only produce 1043 of each/3 hours. X8 academies=8344. So to unlock all 3 I needed 880.000/8433= 105 runs of 3 hours, the longer runs are horribly inefficient. so even if one could do 7 runs /day that would be 15 days. Way longer than the wait for the daily KPs, even if one gained not a single KP from the tourneys.
Even assuming you could reset on the second and do 8 runs a day, that still would be (for me) 13.18 days, more than even the daily KPs without the ToS. More than 8 working academies is not possible as they wont fit to the portal. So unless you are heavily using timeboosters on the portals not getting techlocked seems pretty much impossible as apart from the BTG there is no other way of improving the yield of the guestrace buildings. One can't enchant those.
And that is assuming you had 8 at the start and downscaled when placing the sets of the 2nd type. If you used 6 working -or 4 as in your schedule- there is no possibility of not getting techlocked on the goods as the KPs require much less effort and time.
Sorry, the math just doesn't add up.

edit
Oh, btw my main city (and the crappy ones) one can actually find on elvenstats.com by using my handle here but MinMax Gamer doesn't seem to show on any server at all. (I thought one had to use the actual handle to get access to the forum. A minor thing perhaps, but I have a problem with stuff like that not matching. And yes, I tried finding my other nicks I used on the servers in the Netherlands, Germany, France and Great Britain, those I can find straight away so they don't just show 1 country).

Last edited by a moderator:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Before I retired, I would have definitely used diamonds to get past the Vault, Barracks, Harp blockage. I had too much to do to even pretend to be patient. Now I have no reason to spend like that since wasting time is not really a problem. It's just super annoying. I know several players who have done the same on tedious research for a long time. My point is, someone does not need to be dishonest or bragging to offer advice for the 2nd half of the research.

Ah Ha! There's the answer to why they made it stupid small productions that take so long to get enough on the guest goods. Not a chance they don't know that if they build in bottle necks then spenders will pay to skip it. Brilliant Revenue generation

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

@Deborah M
Well, of course they do so on purpose.
Let me be clear, I have no objection at all to any game offering premium functions to get ahead faster or perform better. I said it before; any game that isn't stuffed with commercials needs some kind of revenue-model to pay for it. There really is no such thing as 'free' play. The money for the devs and servers etc has to come from somewhere.

And so I don't mind some bottlenecks, it just is part of the game. Yes, it's annoying, but when one doesn't want to pay, this game offers pretty much everything you need to continually advance without doing so, except it will take much longer.But it's a long-term game anyway.
That doesn't mean I feel they aren't setting it up in a way that is more tedious than needed to have paying players skip through, I feel they do. I seriously doubt the dev team has any concept of how much they frustrate their playerbase at times.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
And so I don't mind some bottlenecks, it just is part of the game. Yes, it's annoying, but when one doesn't want to pay, this game offers pretty much everything you need to continually advance without doing so, except it will take much longer.But it's a long-term game anyway.
That doesn't mean I feel they aren't setting it up in a way that is more tedious than needed to have paying players skip through, I feel they do. I seriously doubt the dev team has any concept of how much they frustrate their playerbase at times.

Since they have a large player base in the EU and a large player base here in the US, which player base are they frustrating less or more? I would think there would be some playstyle differences between the two continents.

DeletedUser2870

The styles of play vary only minimally. The only real issues are the starting times of events and tourneys and they do seem to have chosen some kind of middle ground there. Of those the tourneys were the worst, due to the cool-down time. It made it very hard for players outside the main time-zone to actually do 6 rounds (personally I skip that anyway as I feel the rewards for that round aren't as good as the huge amount of KPs I gain in round 5, but that's a personal thing). But with the introduction of the Timewarp AW and the Polar Bear they have given very effective ways to circumvent the problem for advanced players, who form the most active tourney players anyway.
The US playerbase still seems to be at a slight disadvantage in the tourneys due to the time, but how much of a problem that really is I can't really say. I'm playing tourneys in both zones (once in a while) and pretty much get the same scores in comparable cities, so I don't see much of a difference.
For the advancing through the tech-tree it is completely irrelevant what timezone one is in, unless someone feels the need to compete getting to the end of the techtree with a specific other player in a different time-zone.

Deleted User - 3932582

For the advancing through the tech-tree it is completely irrelevant what timezone one is in
Mostly true, but in some cases (e.g. Chapter 15) time of decay may make a noticeable difference. When you're carrying massive amounts of decaying resources you can save a lot if you can spend what you need right before the decay, and pick up productions right after decay. It is easier to do if this happens at 1am rather than 4am. Not sure how that plays into European timezones.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Mostly true, but in some cases (e.g. Chapter 15) time of decay may make a noticeable difference. When you're carrying massive amounts of decaying resources you can save a lot if you can spend what you need right before the decay, and pick up productions right after decay. It is easier to do if this happens at 1am rather than 4am. Not sure how that plays into European timezones.

Yep, decay happens on all US servers at the same time, regardless of where in the world the player actually lives. So that 4am decay here on the east coast is more annoying than the west coast players decay happening at the same time as mine, which is 1am for them.

CHANDY

Is anyone in this chapter? This is going to be a very long tedious effort. small payoffs in factory, atelier and agriculture in increments of 100 till you get to 3rd and 4th upgrade which then gives us 150 in payoff, Whoopee! Sentinent goods which lose 10% every night adds to the futility when one must trade for needed goods. Yesterday I posted Five 20k trades for bismuth and this morning saw my trade still sitting there less 10k due to decay.
the more sentinent goods we have the more we need. If i have 100 k in bismuth today for the tech tree but dont have enough of something else it will cost me 10% daily making the high numbers needed elusive at best. I don't think this a winner nor do I think it was very well thought out. You can come up with all the size statistics and facts and figures for space but you still have to gain goods to advance the tech tree. After a month in the elvenar I am sitting in vault of wisdom trying to get 250 K of cosmic bismuth of which I have 4800. Don't get me started on my need for silly soap.

Deleted User - 3932582

Yesterday I posted Five 20k trades for bismuth and this morning saw my trade still sitting there less 10k due to decay.
If your trades are not moving, you need to offer better prices. I am trading for shrooms at 1.1:1 and for soap at 1.2-1.25:1, and at those prices I get fills, even though it is still not fast for the volume required. But a lot of people are indeed putting trades at 1:1, and those can sit there for quite a while because trades with better prices will get accepted first, unless you have generous fellows who will trade specifically with you to their detriment. And just a few players posting better trades can scoop a lot of supply for rare goods.

CHANDY

If your trades are not moving, you need to offer better prices. I am trading for shrooms at 1.1:1 and for soap at 1.2-1.25:1, and at those prices I get fills, even though it is still not fast for the volume required. But a lot of people are indeed putting trades at 1:1, and those can sit there for quite a while because trades with better prices will get accepted first, unless you have generous fellows who will trade specifically with you to their detriment. And just a few players posting better trades can scoop a lot of supply for rare goods.
My concern is the decay element in the game and how the more you have the more you lose. I am not speaking of trader's. But your answer is Obvious, Captain. Here's your sign

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My concern is the decay element in the game and how the more you have the more you lose. I am not speaking of trader's. But your answer is Obvious, Captain. Here's your sign
That's kind of rude. If MinMax's answer is obvious, why aren't you already doing it? I've never yet had a trade sit over night and decay, because I always post better than 1:1 if I need a trade, and they are gone within an hour or two. Giving away 5-10% up front to guarantee I can get it done before decay is a good trade-off

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Only issue with 5-10% up front is if your production is low and decay rate is high that you will only just get to mac requirement. So other obvious solution is up your production.

Personally I have had no real issue getting trades at 1:1, a lot of people are still at similar stages of the chapter so lots of people wanting identical goods at the same time. Slow down or speed ahead and you get yourself needing goods at different times to the majority and trading will also get easier.

Deleted User - 3932582

Personally I have had no real issue getting trades at 1:1
This really depends if you lucked out, and have a boost that is in demand (which is server specific more so than point in time specific as far as I can tell). E.g. I got lucky with T5 - my velvet flies out within minutes of posting at 1.01:1, or more often than not I can simply accept other trades at 1:1 as there are loads offering both obsidian and ink. On T4 I've got moonstone which is the most abundant in this tier, but offering 1.1:1 usually moves it relatively quickly (but there is nothing to accept, all posted trades offering gum and especially platinum are scooped very quickly). So T4 is not really a big problem - probably because a lot more people have access to T4 than to T6.

But T6 is the most skewed - again, probably because far fewer players trade for it (only chapters 14 and 15). Plus, it's the volume in Chapter 15. My bismuth is, again, the most abundant, so I have to go 1.1 for shrooms and 1.2-1.25 for soap, and even then it is not necessarily fast. If I'd be producing soap, I would have no issues whatsoever with trading for any other T6 at 1:1.

This asymmetric pattern of supply/demand hasn't really changed in over a month that the chapter has been live (well, the first few days may have been influenced by players bunching up in the first couple of techs). From what I hear, different servers have different in-demand sentients.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
But T6 is the most skewed - again, probably because far fewer players trade for it (only chapters 14 and 15). Plus, it's the volume in Chapter 15. My bismuth is, again, the most abundant, so I have to go 1.1 for shrooms and 1.2-1.25 for soap, and even then it is not necessarily fast. If I'd be producing soap, I would have no issues whatsoever with trading for any other T6 at 1:1.

This asymmetric pattern of supply/demand hasn't really changed in over a month that the chapter has been live (well, the first few days may have been influenced by players bunching up in the first couple of techs). From what I hear, different servers have different in-demand sentients.

On Arendyll, no one ever posts trades demanding Soap, which is my boost, and the only trades offering Bismuth are always cross-tier at stupid amounts.