• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Phoenix Cult

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The point I am trying to make @SoggyShorts is that they are not adequate for diamond users, most of us use magic residences and magic workshops. And event building do not really help us, that's why I bought the 2 Temples of Elements..
That's also the point I'm trying to make.

Inno likes it when players buy premium buildings.
Players buy premium buildings because they are the best.
Therefore event buildings can't be better than premium buildings.

It's really just that simple.
And that's the problem, for people that have no more room to add culture.
You have loads of culture in your city that is worse than burning eggs that were offered this event. Choosing not to get them isn't the games' fault.

DeletedUser3507

As I told you I am NOT doing this event, the only thing I do is pick up random eggs, if they yield something fine if not no big deal. As long as they push set building on us forget it I will not participate

DeletedUser3507

It's my way of protesting set-building. I don't expect other to follow that.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Perfectly valid. I'd be more inclined to make a carefully worded well-thought-out feature suggestion on beta that looks like it's proposing a completely new idea but is really just a scathing deconstruction of pointless, valueless, set buildings.

But that's cause I have a passive-aggressive-mean streak.

SoggyShorts

As I told you I am NOT doing this event, the only thing I do is pick up random eggs, if they yield something fine if not no big deal. As long as they push set building on us forget it I will not participate
Ahh, I see. So to let inno know that you don't like 5 of the 28 buildings offered in the event, you have boycotted the entire event.
I hope inno understands that message, because I sure didn't.

There were at least 15 buildings that I had no interest in this event, so I protested by going for other buildings....:p
Like at a restaurant. If I don't like the featured menu item, I protest by ordering something else.;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
And then there are people like me who throw a monkey wrench into the protest. I'm generally not impressed by the "game value" of the set buildings but I think they are pretty so I had to have all of them for aesthetic value :p Plus they coordinate so well with my Phoenixes I would have been kicking myself in the backside if I had just let them go by.

SoggyShorts

@jps54

That is the whole point isn't it? But I must add :oops: that although you have chosen your method you still complain about how it ends up?
passive/agressive :p
stupid devs.jpg

DeletedUser3507

That may be your destructive method, not mine...;):confused::confused:;)
And quit thinking so hard...:p
It's bad for your health..:rolleyes: I wouldn't want to have to hire that Fairie hit squad... (joking) to track you down....

There known for their deadly kisses.:D:p:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

I wouldn't want to have to hire that Fairie hit squad... (joking) to track you down....

There known for their deadly kisses.:D:p:D
LOL. You know what's worse than the Fairy hit squad? The Orc demolition crew. Their orders are to destroy your city if inactive more than 30 days. They don't always follow orders though and miss a few.

DeletedUser3507

Me inactive that will be the day... I hired a Elemenal to do in your Orcs..:)
Elementals just nuke them for S&G..

Tauriel Dragonwood

Me inactive that will be the day... I hired a Elemenal to do in your Orcs..:)
Elementals just nuke them for S&G
They're not my Orcs that work in the Demolition Squad. They're Orcs that work for Inno. They destroy cities if inactive more than 30 days. But like I said, Orcs don't always follow orders that's why I still have neighbors that have been gone for over a year.

DeletedUser3507

My city does not even meet the criteria for deletion, It way to far advanced, I belive you city has to be under lvl 9, for deletion mine is lvl 29.

The Unbeliever

There's nothing wrong with the concept of the set buildings, but Inno really needs to stop swinging their balance pendulum so freaking hard...

In FoE for example, our initial 2 sets, (Cherry Garden + Maharaja's Palace sets) were downright stupid levels of OP insanity!
The Winter set was more balanced & had a nifty feature of a variable set-up... but it was even Harder to get than the current Phoenix set is! (yes, that's not a joke! :eek:)

Here though, the Winter set was beyond hot garbage it was so badly under powered, (especially if you already had experience w/FoE sets), while this current set seems pretty well balanced up until maybe into WE's Chapter or so... after that though, the pay-out isn't worth the effort OR space, due to the need for now Mana and Seeds and T4 goods.
And again, Inno has made this set pretty much a "pay to own", which is a toolbag move on their part IMHO... They got an absolute earful from the FoE crowd about how stupidly impossible their Winter set was to obtain outside of sheer dumb luck, (and even spending 2-3k+ diamonds still had terribad odds), and yet, here we go again effectively locking the majority of the player base out of an otherwise decent set, because... "reasons!"

Just make the damn sets around the level of the current Phoenix set, while still being 99% readily obtainable *IF* a player focuses ALL their effort solely on the set buildings themselves!!

It's really not rocket science, though Inno apparently thinks it must be?!:rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Here though, the Winter set was beyond hot garbage it was so badly under powered, (especially if you already had experience w/FoE sets), while this current set seems pretty well balanced up until maybe into WE's Chapter or so
The winter set was awesome for anyone in the early mana chapters though, especially woodelves. Replacing 5x5 willows with 2x3 Frozen fountains might be the best deal in Elvenar history.
And again, Inno has made this set pretty much a "pay to own", which is a toolbag move on their part
Yeah that part sucks for sure. If they want to make the 3rd GP pay to own, or the full set pay to own, that's bad enough, but both is just mean.

The Unbeliever

The winter set was awesome for anyone in the early mana chapters though, especially woodelves. Replacing 5x5 willows with 2x3 Frozen fountains might be the best deal in Elvenar history.
WE got lucky, granted, but overall the set sucked...
Note that, for the space of *just* the Ice Mountain Troll building, my FoE Cherry Garden set (1st FoE set building) gives 5!!kp/day, AND, culture + coins + supplies + 1x 4hr production worth of goods every day!

Hence why so many were happy to spend 2-3k+ worth of diamonds to get 6-10+ full sets!
If most levels of players can get decent value from a set, then you can bet that helluva lot more people will throw $30-50 at the game for the chance at multiple set buildings. ;)

Yeah that part sucks for sure. If they want to make the 3rd GP pay to own, or the full set pay to own, that's bad enough, but both is just mean.
Yep.
Both Spring & Summer sets in FoE were gobbled up like twinkies smothered in chocolate sauce, maple syrup & whipped cream w/sprinkles & cherries on top!
Hell, *I* got suckered into spending diamonds last Spring after getting RNG-screwed, simply because the Cherry Garden set is so good!

The Winter set which was strait up "pay to own" though? Nope...
A few people got suckered into spending diamonds, but I'd be willing to bet that most of those who did are also the players who keep 2-3+ 'diamond farm' cities & thus don't ever spend real $$$ anyways! :p

Anyways... as for the future of set buildings?

Newest feature from FoE: Lv2 set buildings!:eek::eek:
(and yes, last year's insanely good Cherry Garden set is now frankly, 'spend diamonds to make your neighbourhood weep salty tears of hate & rage-quit!' levels of OP goodness! *insert evil laugh here* )