• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

DeletedUser14960

hi again (as always lol)

I am still a newb but getting the list of events early realy helped me plan some of them well in advance

just a basic one was part 2 events 21,22,and 23

grab a few spare workshops all lev 1 and set them up for the 1day and 9hr in advance then just cash them out when you get to that part of it

no hanging around waiting all day to complete it just cash it in and move on

little things you can see ahead of time if you look hard enough

like i say i am still new to this but it does not take an................'Albert Einstein ".................... to work it out

PS he lived on a GLOBE we are in a FLAT WORLD .........................why was he always smiling ................because ......................HE KNEW IT .............

DeletedUser14960

I have a quick question

is it possible to expand your provinces in a certain direction ?

or is it as expected like ripples in a pond you have to expand evenly out in all directions

is this why some provinces are locked etc ?

thanks in advance

keith

DeletedUser5800

is it possible to expand your provinces in a certain direction ?

or is it as expected like ripples in a pond you have to expand evenly out in all directions

is this why some provinces are locked etc ?
You can go in one direction but they will get harder/more expensive the further you go and on the 11th? ring they start requiring orcs to negotiate which acts as a road block until you get to the orcs chapter and can make them.
Once you do the ones touching they unlock no matter how far out you reach, so if you have, for example, a big neighbor you always see in the trader and want to discover to drop the trader fee that isn't too much of a reach you can go for them first, otherwise go in circles so you are doing the easiest/cheapest ones. ;)

DeletedUser14960

thank you that is exactly why i needed to know

i have a couple of very big neighbors i need to reach

cheers Keith

DeletedUser5340

Indeed.
I expected with all the negative feedback Inno got... or maybe didn't if they failed to read these forums, that they'd changed the prizes a tad...
I'm puzzled... truly...
This is quite absurd as prizes, not to mention, needs to be connected to main road, lmao

I'll guess the Lore behind this Robert, is that he's not a very rich Orc, lol
Therefore the prizes aren't the best. That must be it :p
I agree, as does most of my fellowship, that the prizes weren't worth the disruption to the City and Fellowship building.

DeletedUser15169

Dear Humans and Elves,

As already mentioned, Robert Redbeard is back to his hunting days, and we need your help! Let us know what you think about this two-part event in this discussion thread.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Not worth the effort. Really...

DeletedUser13002

Late to the party here, but wanted to add one more voice to the general consensus (particularly following the resounding failure of the Fellowship Adventure).

For my part, I like the events. I'm one who wants to be able to add unique buildings to my city, even if they don't offer a lot of culture or goods in return. I look at the prize buildings from past events I wasn't able to participate in or complete, and wish I could have a copy of some of those places. And I'm one who likes this new concept of set buildings, too.

With that said ... event fatigue is becoming a serious problem. I want the buildings, sure, but I also would like to just play the game sometimes, complete the normal cycle of quests and get through some of these tougher settlement chapters. Getting pounded by one event right after another keeps us from being able to complete them all, and only serves to frustrate us as a result. I couldn't get further than 15 or 20 quests in for both chapters. I'm left feeling empty and a little cheated.

I’d like to think we players are being appreciated by InnoGames. Those of us who spend hours playing and those who spend diamonds help keep this game running. Elves and Humans who have become ArchMages to create fellowships are contributing to this game by helping players understand how to play Elvenar.

I'd like to think so too. There was a time I believed very deeply that we were appreciated by the developers, and felt that things were happening at a reasonable pace with a fair chance of keeping up. Now I'm having serious doubts. It's beginning to seem as though they don't appreciate us quite as much as I'd thought—which may ultimately lead me to stop playing the game altogether.

This development team needs to take a deep breath and rethink how they're approaching things. Spend a little more time and focus getting the mobile app up to the level of the browser version. Make sure the highest achievers have somewhere to go after the current final chapter. Give us events every few months, sure—the variety is nice, and like I said, there are some bitchin' buildings to be had—but don't shove it all down our throats at once (and for cripe's sake, stop making them impossible to complete). If we feel appreciated, we'll show our appreciation in return.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In retrospect, I'm ameliorating my position on the current version of the FA. I still dislike it, but it's becoming a little more understandable.

In the context of people complaining quite forcefully in the past about the awful nature of the whirlpool stage (and make no mistake, I and my entire fellowship are among those people) it's not at all surprising they tried to make the race stages take a lot longer to complete. I think the proliferation of long production run badges is a reasonable response to that. I haven't heard a single complaint this iteration of how mind numbingly boring the whirlpool is. They went from a sprint that virtually everyone who cared finished to a marathon that only a fraction of the entrants completed.

I think in many respects that is a win. It's unfortunate that they made the prizes so lackluster that part of the reason so many didn't finish is that we didn't even seriously try. I'm pretty sure that this iteration isn't as awful as we think, it's just an unfortunate miss-step on the road to something better.

DeletedUser13002

It's unfortunate that they made the prizes so lackluster that part of the reason so many didn't finish is that we didn't even seriously try. I'm pretty sure that this iteration isn't as awful as we think, it's just an unfortunate miss-step on the road to something better.

I have to disagree, only because all but one of my fellowships did seriously try. If nothing else, we wanted to do it for the achievement. We all tried, and we all failed. That's really discouraging, a reaction people shouldn't be experiencing in a shared, teamwork-style event that's part of an online game. There's no sense of, "Hey, we tried admirably, and just came up short—but good job, everyone!" It's all resentment that we were set an impossible task by people who should be giving us something fun to engage in together.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have to disagree, only because all but one of my fellowships did seriously try. If nothing else, we wanted to do it for the achievement. We all tried, and we all failed. That's really discouraging, a reaction people shouldn't be experiencing in a shared, teamwork-style event that's part of an online game. There's no sense of, "Hey, we tried admirably, and just came up short—but good job, everyone!" It's all resentment that we were set an impossible task by people who should be giving us something fun to engage in together.
I'm not sure with what you are disagreeing? That many people didn't try? That it isn't as awful as we think? (I didn't say it isn't awful, just maybe it's not as awful as we think. A thing can be an unfortunate misstep, and be awful, ans still be a step on the road to improvement)

(Edit: My apologies for not noticing this is not a thread about Fellowship Adventures but Robert Redbeard. We shouldn't even be having this conversation here.)

DeletedUser13002

Sorry. Disagreeing on both counts, really—that it wasn't as awful as we think (I believe it was), and with the idea that most folks weren't trying.

I get what you're saying about it being a "step on the road to improvement" ... but that almost makes it worse, really. Having had four months to come up with something signficantly better based on a proliferation of suggestions, they made a couple of small tweaks and buried us in work. Almost an insult to a lot folks who are invested in this game.