• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

These fights are TOO hard (for me)!!!

DeletedUser4778

I placed 67th in this tourney which I find weird because I only did these provinces and checkpoints:
Province 1: all 6 legs
Provinces 2 & 3: 5 legs
Province 4: 1st leg only

I could have gone further but I wanted to save my goods for the next tourney since silk is my boost. Normally. doing such few provinces and not taking them all the way would have landed me in rank 200-800. Was this tourney that hard/expensive/crazy?

DeletedUser3696

I placed 67th in this tourney which I find weird because I only did these provinces and checkpoints:
Province 1: all 6 legs
Provinces 2 & 3: 5 legs
Province 4: 1st leg only

I could have gone further but I wanted to save my goods for the next tourney since silk is my boost. Normally. doing such few provinces and not taking them all the way would have landed me in rank 200-800. Was this tourney that hard/expensive/crazy?
I was saddened when I learned that all my 5th rounds were only going to give me relics without any kp. Seriously not worth manually fighting and/or catering for some measly ranking points.

DeletedUser4778

I was saddened when I learned that all my 5th rounds were only going to give me relics without any kp. Seriously not worth manually fighting and/or catering for some measly ranking points.

I agree! Not worth it unless it's your boost and even then you have to consider how many goods you lost compared to the measly few boost points you gain and how much time it will take you to recover. I only participated in the scrolls tourney to get relics for Power of Provision spells in case of future quests. I don't plan to use them until I really need them. I normally participate only up to the 3rd leg where you still get KP because I don't think the rune shards or relics without KP are worth it but then I remembered that the catering costs of tournaments go up when you scout more provinces (which I really dislike because it should be completed and not scouted) and I need to scout 17 more provinces for my next chapter which is Fairies and I've read that I will need PoP spells during that era.

DeletedUser2252

this game is no longer enjoyable. I spend days building an army and lose them all in 1 fight to a smaller force.
Is the game purposely stacked against?

Time to dump this farce!

qaccy

As I said qaccy, these fights are too hard for me. If you need to learn all kinds of charts and things like defensive bonuses and damage reductions and offensive bonuses etc etc, then this isn't the thing for me. I am here to play a city builder. I don't want to study charts and be a fighter. If I did, I would play a fighting game. For ME, this isn't enjoyable.

I also don't understand why this particular tournament will be so much harder than others. Isn't that unfair to people who have scrolls boosted?
A win is a win? No. There are costs involved.

As far as leaving things in the hands of the AI....I seem to suck at this even worse than the AI.

With the old level of difficulty, I hated fights in the provinces. I thought those were way too hard. It wasn't until the tournaments came along and I could win that I started having fun fighting. Now the tournaments have a much higher level of difficulty than even the old province fighting was. They took something away that I used to enjoy. I do not enjoy this new system.

It's not as complex as you think it is. Unit bonuses got changed, and it's as simple as mousing over them (just like before) to see what's good against what. Of course, it's still different from before, when you could just load up a lot of sorceresses and win every battle that wasn't in a province 13+ rings away from your city (even some of those!) because their attacks reduced the damage of basically every unit to zero or near-zero so maybe high level elves didn't know what it was like to actually battle back then. :(

Before blaming the system, take some time to learn it. If you're failing because of your own unwillingness to educate yourself, that's not Inno's fault (they've provided the information for you to utilize). That goes for this person too:

I won a fight yesterday!!! but.... it was against a 28 stack sized mortar unit, I have Cerberus, still ch2, not yet researched the other squad size (currently at 51). I attacked with 2 archers and 3 Cerberus. even going against 28 Mortar I still nearly lost. the terrain restricted me so much I can go at it one at a time to chase it while it had practically full movement by fading and shoot, was a good thing I had the dogs because I could catch it but it was so tough it silenced 4 stacks of my units (4 x51 dead) by the time I killed it.

Don't use light units against heavy range units. People haven't figured this out yet? The unit bonuses pretty clearly spell it out. Quit trying to eat soup with a fork and just use a spoon instead like the rest of us.

DeletedUser3297

The tourney battles have become a lot more difficult. I hope with 1.18 there is enough of a change to be able to fight much further than now. Tournaments get expensive really quick!

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah this last tourney was tough, hope they well be a little more balanced, after the update!!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The formula change in special abilities in 1.17 may have inadvertently increased the difficulty, particularly for light melee troops. This was only recently noted in discussion on beta, unsure if anyone who can report to Inno noticed it though.

DeletedUser43

The tourney battles have become a lot more difficult. I hope with 1.18 there is enough of a change to be able to fight much further than now. Tournaments get expensive really quick!

There is hardly any change until you get to level 4, 5 and 6 of the tournaments. So, for me, since getting to those levels is so dang hard, it didn't do a thing for me. Maybe for all the brilliant fighters, they will see a big difference. I mostly only get to level 3 any more and that has hardly changed.

Tournament level 1 (0 stars): enemy squad size is now 75% of your own (before: 80%)
Tournament level 2 (1 star): enemy squad size is now 100% of your own (remains unchanged)
Tournament level 3 (2 stars): enemy squad size is now 115% of your own (before: 120%)
Tournament level 4 (3 stars): enemy squad size is now 130% of your own (before: 140%)
Tournament level 5 (4 stars): enemy squad size is now 145% of your own (before: 160%)
Tournament level 6 (5 stars): enemy squad size is now 160% of your own (before: 180%)

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-18.6539/#post-41585

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't use light units against heavy range units. People haven't figured this out yet? The unit bonuses pretty clearly spell it out. Quit trying to eat soup with a fork and just use a spoon instead like the rest of us.

If you had completely read my post I DO NOT HAVE HEAVIES!!!! All I have right now in my tech advancement is LIGHT TROOPS!!! Explains why this game is rigged in battles against you is they have troops all the time opposite what you have and with units far superior to your own, like mortars with 8 range with the terrain totally locking in your units:

as an example 0 = open space to move to; x = some terrain block; S = your unit start spot; E = enemy start spot

S 0 0 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 0
S 0 X X X X X 0 0 0
S X X 0 0 0 0 0 X 0 E
S X 0 0 X X X 0 0 0
S 0 X X 0 0 0 0 0 X 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 X X 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 0 0 0

Above a typical battle grid I come against, in this case was the lone 28 stack mortar unit, again I have no heavies researched at this point and still a ways from getting the treant unit researched. Read completely the post before you give some kind of sage advice and not look stupid...

DeletedUser3297

This current Silk tournament is really easy!! I just autofought every single province up until ring 9 with treants and hardly took any damage :)

aFIsyzt.png

FCb7fXG.png

DeletedUser4372

i buy my way through with materials to the 3rd one and stop. i am doing this on round 2 now. when i stop getting enough KP's to outbalance buying the normal province's KPs i stop. I still am in first place through 5th place in my " whatever" you call them categories.

Since they knocked me back two troop upgrades, i have only wiped, even after pausing and trying to catch up with my troops. On my servers i started playing after the great " Troop Increase Theft" , (that INNO still pretends did not happen), i can play somewhat but for the massive troop lose, its better to just use materials through those also. I have sold 2 of my 3 armories and replaced them with material makers. I max out using spells and buy basic things like Marble, Planks and Steel.
Sometimes you have to adapt. Inno screwed up the battling in this game and you either Quit, or play around that aspect.