• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This game lacks appeal. No character interaction.

DeletedUser22648

First, let me start by saying I like this game a lot. It's chill and you can play it on a browser or phone. I've always been a fan of builder type games like sim city and theme park.

The time it takes to build, the "flow" of the game, the changes made to the game balance I feel is at a good point. Of course, I've only played for 1-2 months so I may not know a lot. I do know enough to say that there is no appeal to this game. Its "just building." Now there are a few avatar character to pick from and once in a while when you reach a certain point, your helper character does show up and use text to help you along, like this guy:

4M3gi29.jpg

But such characters are just like part of the background and pops up once in a blue moon. He's not animated, and there is no voice. He's also not that good looking for an elf. I mean come on... elfs are suppose to be hot :) We need better designs and new male and female character helpers. It would be nice if you could see such characters in your city. But all we have right now are citizens just walking the street.

This will also help to create more sell opportunities. Imagine how many people would pay just to have a cute animated elf helper? You can also add features where you can purchase/change outfits. Being able to move them to a certain location in the city and him/her providing some sort of resource buff or attraction to help grow the city.

Now, there is no need to add story, just short scenes that will add appeal to the game. Honestly there is a lot of potential in this. Right now, the developers only means of an income is players making a purchase just to progress faster. Not many people are going to pay to build faster when they can just wait. I'm one of those people. I'm the type that would pay for a costume but never pay for items or grinding materials on mmos. But you get the point.

DeletedUser23078

I have a news for you, @Xellon : soon the helper won't show himself anymore. :rolleyes: That's because at a certain point you're supposed to know how to play.
Actually I can't agree when you say that we need a better design: one of the things that immediately stuck me to this game are all those animations for the buildings. And I just love the imagination the developers used to invent the elven buildings: rocks digging marble, trees shaking their foliage, etc. I also loved all the Easter phoenix thing (weren't those little phoenixes so cute?).

In my opinion, more than involve people in better and better animations, Elvenar is about learning something (and that's the other why I love it): first it's about learning to help each other. As you'll go on with the game, you'll see that you can't produce every kind of goods by yourself, so you need to exchange your boosted goods with the ones of other players (btw it's interesting to see the different ways the players decide to trade: I personally always trade with 2 or 3 stars and don't like other choices of trading).
Then it's about learnig that every time you want to upgrade your projects you need to know how (you need 'culture').
And the most important thing, in my opinion, is about learning that you need patience in life, you need time to do things in the right way. And if you don't have that, you lose money (read 'diamonds') oh well, I lost many diamonds till now. o_O

I thought the inventors of Elvenar were a kind of philosophers.... who found the way to gain money from the impatience of mankind. :cool:

DeletedUser22648

Actually I can't agree when you say that we need a better design: one of the things that immediately stuck me to this game are all those animations for the buildings. And I just love the imagination the developers used to invent the elven buildings: rocks digging marble, trees shaking their foliage, etc. I also loved all the Easter phoenix thing (weren't those little phoenixes so cute?).
:cool:

I get what you're saying. I didn't exactly express what I mean that well. I never said the building designs were bad. They are well done. I managed to get my phoenix building to lvl 7. Wish I had more time.

6z4BYLw.png

Design is nice and animated well. But this isn't the issue I have.

I feel like this game needs..... more to do. Right now its just about... well, everything you just said:

Elvenar is about learning something (and that's the other why I love it): first it's about learning to help each other. As you'll go on with the game, you'll see that you can't produce every kind of goods by yourself, so you need to exchange your boosted goods with the ones of other players (btw it's interesting to see the different ways the players decide to trade: I personally always trade with 2 or 3 stars and don't like other choices of trading).
Then it's about learnig that every time you want to upgrade your projects you need to know how (you need 'culture').
And the most important thing, in my opinion, is about learning that you need patience in life, you need time to do things in the right way. And if you don't have that, you lose money (read 'diamonds') oh well, I lost many diamonds till now

Everything you mentioned does indeed make the game fun to play. But I feel this game needs more. A story would be nice but probably wont happen. Why are we building? Whats the whole phoenix thing about? As far as I know, its just a building providing me with cash and resources every couple days and its fancy looking.

However, as I said, a story isn't necessary. But some character interactions would be cool to see. You mentioned helpers won't show up cause you'll know how to play. But what I want to see are not just helpers. Some ideas I have coming to mind:

1 - Certain buildings can have a cinematic scene. I went to my fellowship leader's city. They have a culture building called "Dancing Ground." It would be cool if there was a cinematic scene for 'first time' buildings you place (not all of them). In the scene, you would see people dancing and having fun (humans or elfs depending on who u pick). Mercenary building would have combat scenes. Main stage would show actors, etc

2 - Once in a while, maybe some problems happen in the city aka quests. Civilian Elf A lost her puppy. Help her find it (animated picture of elf girl with a sad expression, short and simple). Finding the puppy gives you a reward like relics or coins.

3 - Gain a Secretary. Perhaps this person can help you start productions at certain intervals or help automate a few things during events so you don't have to do it. Most important, it would be nice if you could design your secretary. This character would pop up often letting you know when something is finished, or if you have notifications on (which this game lacks), he/she will tell you your production is finished, coins are maxed, kp is maxed, when events are about to end, etc. Even if you know how to play, it would still be nice to see them congratulating you when you reach a certain point or when you reach a new mileage.

4 - City Mascot. Maybe you get to see him walk around the city once in a while, interacting with kids in cinemas and stuff. Or maybe the mascot provides culture. It could be a unique bird that just flies around your city or a big chicken with 2 feet that can talk xD whatever u want. When you click on it, the character shows up on screen (in fact, there can be a ceo or manager for each building).

Overall, I want to see more changes like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20951

3 - Gain a Secretary.
I'd totally dig something like this, and your other ideas sound cool, too. The addition of cinematic scenes between chapters has been suggested, but having some linked to buildings would please me, similar to when you construct Wonders in Civilization, as long as the feature could be turned off (I only enjoyed this the first dozenth time or so XD). I'm all for enriching the game in small, but impactful ways.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Everything you mentioned does indeed make the game fun to play. But I feel this game needs more. A story would be nice but probably wont happen. Why are we building? Whats the whole phoenix thing about? As far as I know, its just a building providing me with cash and resources every couple days and its fancy looking.

However, as I said, a story isn't necessary. But some character interactions would be cool to see.

There is a story that ties all the chapters together, but it does not really start to become apparent until you get into the guest races in chapters 6-14. And since you are still in the first 5 chapters, you will not have encountered that yet.

The helper characters that pop up and tell you the story also start showing up with chapter 6. They are all alright, though I found the helper/storyteller characters in chapter 8 for Orcs & Goblins to be unappealing, to put it mildly.

DeletedUser23078

Actually I'm not for focusing on singular characters, I prefer races interaction and a general point of view.
Moreover as I open the game I start thinking of what I need to do to improve my city, and at this point animations, other characters popping out, and little stories would distract me from my projects.
Anyway, this is just my opinion.
I appreciate your fantasy, @Xellon , and I'm glad that with my previous answer I inspired you to focus on what you'd like to see in the game.

DeletedUser9601

The reality is that Elvenar, like many city builders, are meant to have downtime. This isn't a game you sit down and play for an hour straight (unless you're playing multiple cities, or you are chatting). Its a game that you play multiple times throughout the day for a few minutes here and there.
These sorts of games aren't good or bad, per se. They just are. There are other games in different niches where you build cities for long stretches (SimCity or Tropico). There are other games where you progress in tech and develop an empire (Civ, Total War, etc.).
Elvenar is "pay to win" aka "free to play." So its set up for you to spend a little time here and there, and spend a little or a lot of money to improve that experience.
Your ideas are certainly creative, but they don't really fit with what Elvenar is.

DeletedUser23255

> game lacks appeal
> loves the game

I feel like these are somewhat contradictory statements? If it lacks appeal why do you love it? Or are you really saying you’re on the fence about the game?