• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is funny...

DeletedUser627

In the worlds where I haven't purchased expansions, I'm having trouble getting enough provinces, too. But on US1 - where I bought expansions and built manufactories, I automatically exceeded the province requirement.

Buy or die, it seems. But why buy a game with such limited play time?

DeletedUser61

But why buy a game with such limited play time?
That's only because you're not turning over enough rocks. Guess how much time it takes me to do stuff like https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ming-about-tournaments.1728/page-3#post-13008

At the moment I have a PILE of data about Negotiation Costs, that doesn't make any sense at all. Could I perhaps TEMPT you to take a peek?
  • I know that the total strength of the defending troops is linear with the number of squads. More squads have fewer weighted troops PER squad, but more troops overall.
  • Negotiation requires a combination of Coins, Supplies, Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 Goods.
  • Encounters with identical squads can have different negotiating costs.
  • Encounters with identical negotiating costs can have different squads
  • I have yet to find a costing combination that provides an orderly pattern.
  • In the same sector I've seen seen encounters with different costs, so there's likely to be a range of possibilities
    • 230 Coins, 120 Supplies, 0 Goods = ???? value
    • 230 Coins, 120 Supplies, 2 Goods = ???? value
    • 460 Coins, 160 Supplies, 0 Goods = ???? value
  • If you have any scouted, but unacquired sectors on your map, EACH of those sectors will provide you with eight negotiation datasets, and you don't even have to buy anything nor solve the encounter. You can look to your heart's content.
  • Even if the unscouted sectors are in the same ring, their Scouting Costs would have been different, but their Negotiating costs SHOULD be the similar, with increases that parallel the what you spent for scouting. If you have 15 scouted but unaquired sectors in the same ring, that's 120 "nearly identical" datasets, if only we can deduce the pattern.
It's a lovely little puzzle that's well worth some considerable effort, and more than one thinking cap. You're into large cities then you'll already understand that maxing out the number of acquired sectors is all about negotiation, because your Armies can't punch much above their weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1010

I don't think it matters if.you spent money on Expansions when it comes to the new Providence requirements in the tech tree, that's only goes by how many Providence's you have unlocked and won. Mayhap the reason why your city you had bought diamonds in Had the Providence requirements already met was because you played in that city more than the others so have won more Providence's overtime then in the other citys? I spent money in only 1 of my 3citys but all my citys already had enough providences won to meet the new requirement so that helped a lot! But I am sure if I was stuck bc of this I prob would red about it! Lol Well good luck guys=]