• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is hard to watch

Dhurrin

There was a time I would have jumped at that offer, although I've never gotten it. Now, I think I'd turn it down.
Nice, I have NEVER seen the 200% offer in my main city, only in smaller testcities where I didn't buy regularly.
Now, even if I do see it on my main city, I won't take it. Unless this disaster of a change in the AWs gets fixed I'm not spending another dime on Inno.

Not because I cannot work on my AWs, but because I can. My main city is one of the 'whales'. It may be slowed down a bit, but not really by a lot, whereas all our smaller to goodsized players are having a hard time. Which means this changes does exactly the opposite of what it should have been doing.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Nice, I have NEVER seen the 200% offer in my main city, only in smaller testcities where I didn't buy regularly.
Now, even if I do see it on my main city, I won't take it. Unless this disaster of a change in the AWs gets fixed I'm not spending another dime on Inno.

Not because I cannot work on my AWs, but because I can. My main city is one of the 'whales'. It may be slowed down a bit, but not really by a lot, whereas all our smaller to goodsized players are having a hard time. Which means this changes does exactly the opposite of what it should have been doing.

I'm in the same club, Dhurrin ... since 2019, I've never seen a single 200 percent offer on my main ID. Just on a tiny one that I rarely use.

Goldeeloks

This is not an adversarial game, and has many ways
built-in to "help others" and help is a core function.
All the chgs have now crushed "help", the concept.

I sooooo agree with Myne, this is hard to watch.

I will conceed, some players were big winners. The
problem tho is most everyone else lost out, and
progression is now reduced to a crawl.

16 chests+, lolol , even solid 10 chest FSs aren't hitt'n
that many...... let alone growing FSs that are in the 7-8
range on the way up. They're lucky to get 2 RRs/week.

Now, there's over what 40 diff AWs ? Ppl open up like
2-4 per CH-ish. There's a whole UI just to exchange help.
Yet, its just too easy to lvl AWs and needs to be chg'd ?:eek:
40 AWs x 30+ lvls, so minimum 1200 lvl-ups, how will
this be possible without the exsisting framework......
Simple answer... it won't be.... now its a new pay wall.

Ok, if (we) conceede you're not supposed to have them
all, maybee 40-60%..... that means its up to players to
pick/choose which to have.... Per thier Playstyle....

( ohh nope, you can't pick your own playstyle now)
Inno just came along and negated certain playstyles
by how they chg'd AWs.... Players that have litterally
spent Years building thier city a certain way, by the
rules , and spending $$ in the process, got told...
---nnnnant--- try again.

@Myne , its hard to pick which is harder to Watch.
So many diff groups have been assaulted....
I am in a FS that consistently gets 11 chests in the Tourney each week. 16+ chests? Really? Never gonna happen.
Now that I am having so much trouble with upgrading my AW’s it’s going to be even harder to climb the Spire.

I had a playstyle that was totally disrupted after this. I’m so disappointed and I will not be spending any money on Diamonds

Dhurrin

I am in a FS that consistently gets 11 chests in the Tourney each week. 16+ chests? Really? Never gonna happen.
Now that I am having so much trouble with upgrading my AW’s it’s going to be even harder to climb the Spire.

I had a playstyle that was totally disrupted after this. I’m so disappointed and I will not be spending any money on Diamonds
:) Never going to happen? You never know, it takes time. Feel free to drop me a line on Elysandir if you want, we have someone leaving after the tourney. (Not trying to poach, just mentioning it, so that offer is open to any active player).

But as you (and many others, myself included) have been pointing out, not everyone is in a FS that reaches 10 chests. Most especially not the players with smaller cities, which means fewer RRs and thus slowing down the possibility to upgrade even more.

This whole change is completely unbalanced, as it does exactly the opposite of what it was supposed to do and puts up even more barricades for people starting a new city as well as for players who are in a smaller FS and for all casual players, while hardly hampering the big whales.

It really does feel like the Devs have had their orders to chase players away so as to have a reason to shut down the game. If Inno wants to shut it down, they should just be upfront about it and say so outright. In that case people can make a choice to continue up to that point, or leave right away and look for something else.
If that is not their intention, they need to get it through the heads of the Devs that players are supposed to enjoy the game, not get frustrated by it. Most people have enough of that at work. And it is incredibly frustrating to see a city one has worked on for a long time be blindsided and crippled all of a sudden because of unbalanced changes like this.

Oh, and somebody tell Inno that if you have a beta-environment, it would be smart to listen to the feedback and at the very least take that in consideration, as those are your customers, not serfs who are bound to you.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
It really does feel like the Devs have had their orders to chase players away so as to have a reason to shut down the game.

The Devs in their "ask the dev" time responded that the company has plans to release chapters to chapter 30 and beyond. If Inno is trying to move players away from the game, I suspect they are using a slow sabotage approach rather than trying to dismantle it completely in a short time. The slower you go the more players can be moved to a different Inno product.

Dhurrin

The Devs in their "ask the dev" time responded that the company has plans to release chapters to chapter 30 and beyond. If Inno is trying to move players away from the game, I suspect they are using a slow sabotage approach rather than trying to dismantle it completely in a short time. The slower you go the more players can be moved to a different Inno product.
That may be what they think. I for one will NOT EVER be playing any other INNO game. If they can do this to one game, there is nothing to say they can't do it to another.

Chasing away customers with a slow sabotage like this will generally only result in them looking for another company, not them looking for another game from the same company. Same would be true if I buy a car from a certain brand and after a while it has constant issues, I'm not going to look for another model from that brand, I'll look for another brand entirely. Especially if that brand would be doing recalls on different parts of the model I'm driving all the time.
And don't forget; word-of-mouth is still a big thing, especially with social media nowadays. Generating a lot of bad word-of-mouth this way is not going to help any other of their games either.

BrinDarby

So much nowadays is a form of word-of-mouth,
its not just a big thing, it is the thing, its called
Social Media ... heh heh.

Discord conversations get closed and go away.
Forum conversations get archived and live forever.

Hmmmmmmm, ;)

Dhurrin

@BrinDarby
Which only would be a reason to keep the forum.

Because all the other social media posts will be out of reach and they will keep going. Much better to keep it in-house and admit they made a mistake, because that at least shows they do listen to their customers. And that would, on the forum, also be kept.

I'm not on social media (no X, tiktok, discord. No real FB account anymore, not deleted (as far as I know), but also not looked at for ages.
But it would be almost tempting to make some and do some searches and see how much elvenar is coming up. And whether that is positive or negative.
Almost....naaaaah...I'm happy without all that crap

Yogi Dave

I made a comment in the discord channel about the changes to AWs. It was about how it would be better to get the mana as you got points in the tourney instead of at the end when the large amount would probably go through at least one decay cycle. I quickly got a thumb's up. When I went back about an hour later and there were over 100 new posts in the thread. Most were repeats of what had been said over and over. I didn't see any comments referring mine and still only had the one thumb's up. It's like the tide rushes in every 15 minutes washing the castles away.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
So much nowadays is a form of word-of-mouth,
its not just a big thing, it is the thing, its called
Social Media ... heh heh.

Discord conversations get closed and go away.
Forum conversations get archived and live forever.

Hmmmmmmm, ;)
None have been deleted, except rule violations, and none have gone away And since you insist you wont go to discord your view is slightly skewed

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
I made a comment in the discord channel about the changes to AWs. It was about how it would be better to get the mana as you got points in the tourney instead of at the end when the large amount would probably go through at least one decay cycle. I quickly got a thumb's up. When I went back about an hour later and there were over 100 new posts in the thread. Most were repeats of what had been said over and over. I didn't see any comments referring mine and still only had the one thumb's up. It's like the tide rushes in every 15 minutes washing the castles away.
That is a common issue with discord that we all see and dislike

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yep. Here I can take it or leave it, if I get a flag, I can read about it at my leisure, and I can set what will give me flags. On Discord server, I get a push notice whenever someone replies to a post of mine (despite repeated attempts to change settings on certain threads), or @ me, or sends me a friend request. My notes state plainly that I will not take friend requests from people that I do not already know, but I easily get 2 a week. I will chat with anyone so long as I am not trying to spend event currency in 10 accounts. I publish my guides and do my best to squeeze good information from those who may know.

In return I get insulted on the EN Forum, given the cold shoulder here, and that doesn't even begin to cover some of the folks who really don't want to hear about some of the positive aspects of some things.

Despite that, I do love the Discord server. I know where certain things are located, and can always find a post so long as it hasn't been deleted. FYI I am wearing a big smile right now, as I contemplate the recent actions of one member of the Beta team , heh hehehe. But like here, I know when that's likely to happen, and often get a screenshot in first.

Like Astram said, if you haven't given it a chance, don't judge.

Dave I thought that was you...

Yogi Dave

@Lelanya I have always liked your post here but am sure I don't show it enough. Your Event Information Thread in the Sorcerer's Scrolls of Knowledge section is where I go before every event to pass on info from my FS. And you are one of the people whose posts I always read when they are in a thread in here that I'm reading. So, a great thanks before I leave this coming weekend.

You seem to be very experienced in the use of discord. I don't think most people know how to set it up for efficient use. I know I don't even come close to understanding it. I don't know if there is good help to learn how to set things up over there. Whereas this forum didn't have much of a learning curve, or even one at all. So, I'm glad it works for you. I remember when Inno announced they were switching to it, you one of the few who was happy about it. I did try to use it for a while and even went back after the learning curve of the moderators was pretty much over. But I was just overwhelmed by the amount of data keeping me from finding the useful info I wanted, so I gave up on it again. I do go at times looking for specific info, but since I'm not in there often (maybe once a week) .... Well, I'm just repeating myself.

It can get difficult in this forum to find older info, but the new stuff usually wasn't difficult to find. I do go discord to look at announcements and release notes but quit copying them here. I'm very glad @Pheryll is keeping up with moving that info to the forum. Your posts are much better than mine since you do a good job of getting the format to match that in discord.

Lelanya

Dave I will miss you. I have always read your posts with interest, and it is hard to see a veteran of your caliber leave.

Yes I joined Discord in 2018, have a server or two of my own, but had never participated in a public server before Elvenar created one.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Lelanya I'm sorry if you feel you have gotten the cold shoulder here. I promise I have always appreciated your posts and all the work you put into the forum here. I think activity in general is way down here. And that because of this, I tend to quickly skim through the updates and notifications and I actually spend less time than when the forum was a more active and busy place.

Lelanya

Thank you. I used to think I had lots of friends here, a whole three people addressed this. It's fine, I have 30 new friends on Discord, and at least that many correspondents.