• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

DeletedUser9247

I must say this event was a roller coaster of surprise for me.
At first I was disappointed with the "set buildings" idea and was loosing my motivation because there were no interesting prizes for me- the timers wouldn't come, buildings were not good...
I plowed through the quest line in 10 days as usual and only after that I've learned about upcoming time boosts and frozen fountains- so I got my event cheer back.
Got me one shipwreck in 4 tries -just for the kicks. And haven't done too well on the time boosters- won only 4 in 18 tries.
Not so hot.
And today I was simply blown away and firmly reinforced in my event addiction. Let me show you:
upload_2017-12-22_1-29-20.png

Still left with 400 keys for fun stuff.
Biggest WOW in any event to date.

Erratum: Went back to count the crowns and it turns out I've won 5x20h boosters in 18 tries- that changes the "meh" to "not bad".

Last edited by a moderator:

Nectar of the Gods

I, on the other hand, am less than enthralled. I enjoyed the last event, even though I joined when the event was already in progress. The event helped my city grow. This one? It hurts in the three cities I'm playing. The things they are asking for are outrageous. And I am NOT having fun. The reason I play a game is to have fun. I'm going back to concentrating on my city. Forget this time and resources drain. It definitely isn't worth it.

Tauriel Dragonwood

My quests were specific to me, Are you saying the text in your quests did not match your boost, or that you think players are more likely to know that their Tier 1 boost is than how to produce the actual item of whatever that is?
If Inno would change the quests asking us to produce unboosted goods to say, “Produce Tier 1 Boost: 9h, or Tier 2 or Tier 3", I'm pretty sure our Elvenar players are smart enough to figure out what Tier 1: 3h, Tier 1: 9 hr, etc. means. I do agree joining a Fellowship can help you understand Elvenar and fill in the gaps that Elvenar’s Home/Game pages do not cover.

All Elvenar players only have 3 Goods that are boosted. One of each from Basic Goods, Crafted Goods and Magical Goods. Having a quest that says, “Produce Marble Mosaic (Marble Manufactory), Precious Ring (Steel Manufactory) and Wooden Figurines (Planks Manufactory) or “Decorative Pillars, Warrior Masks and Wooden Chests” asks for goods most of us do not receive a boost for. Which means we need to build those unboosted manufactories to complete quests using up land space we so desperately need.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If Inno would change the quests asking us to produce unboosted goods to say, “Produce Tier 1 Boost: 9h, or Tier 2 or Tier 3",
Ah! It's not the wording of the quests that bothers you, but the nature? I misinterpreted your issue.

I don't know what their goal is in convincing people to produce unboosted goods, so I can't say if it's a good idea or not. I know it annoys a lot of people, but for me it's just another piece of a puzzle that adds a little variety and effort. I'll go back to my standard refrain. Inno isn't in the business of making players happy, they are in the business of parting us from our money. people who are frustrated, but see that they can get past that frustration by spending a little money are exactly who Inno is catering to. We don't have to be that player, but it's not really reasonable to expect them to cater to people who don't want to give them money. Nobody expects the fashion stores to lower their prices and make their high-end jeans last longer, they just buy other jeans. Gamers are a curious lot. Gamers in free-to-play games are even more curious. It's one of the few consumables where people think we ought to be able to get anything we want for nothing.

DeletedUser12171

Every event we have the same old debate (read: complaints) on why are the devs making it hard for players to get what they want. In every game there is a reward and a barrier to that reward. That is not hard to understand. Make the events a rehash - people complain about it being boring. Make a whole new mechanic - people will complain about changing something that ain't broke.

In the past 3 major events that I've participated in, including this one, the one major mechanic that changed is the addition of double days. That imo is a great tweak and I'm happy with it. I don't like building dozens of lv1 workshops or lv1 unboosted manufactories. They slow my game progress. But I don't have to like it to do it. I have a choice. I do it because I want keys for the event prizes. Some in my FS have decided they won't go past a certain amount of effort to meet those quest requirements because they are already at the end of the tech tree, have more than enough of suitable buildings from past events and so this is just a cosmetic change and not worth overexploring/making space for. We all have a choice.

At the end of the day the game is still free and it's up to you how you want to play it. If you don't like making compromises in your city layout for the event, then don't! Stick with mainline quests and you'll never be required to build unboosted manufactories or make meaningless 1d workshop productions! Events are "extra-curricular" activities that are not required to progress in the game. If you'd like to get some special or better-performing items, by all means participate, but sitting out doesn't and shouldn't stop your progress! To me it seems like some people act like Inno owes them the prizes when in fact they haven't given a cent to the company. Nothing wrong with playing for free, but don't act like you're all entitled! I skipped the Masquerade and participated only minimally in the Halloween event because I didn't think the prizes were worth the trouble. Anyone can do that too, if they don't think the prizes this time are worth the trouble. I'm happy that I'm given a choice of what to do to get what I want, including the spending of real money or not, and I'm glad I can live with my choices.

Istaru

Mostly I enjoy the events, and choose to participate fully. Sometimes the prizes aren't worth the effort and I half-ass my way through it. I am disappointed that the double-crown days all fall on days with daily prizes that are buildings that give troop boosts instead of on a good prize, like instants or a pure culture building. But I'm not very disappointed because the third grand prize is the least impressive I have seen in a while. Actually aside from the set buildings (which are kind of interesting, so I will try them out), none of the grand prizes are worth the effort this time out. Aside from the instants, most of the daily prizes aren't that great either this time around. The father trees are giving way less culture then the blue tree enclosures I got in the summer event. I always look for a pretty new pure culture building that I can use to update the look and total culture in my cities. Not really seeing it this time out. Oh well. Still enjoying the event, in spite of all that whining! lol

DeletedUser12171

Mostly I enjoy the events, and choose to participate fully. Sometimes the prizes aren't worth the effort and I half-ass my way through it. I am disappointed that the double-crown days all fall on days with daily prizes that are buildings that give troop boosts instead of on a good prize, like instants or a pure culture building. But I'm not very disappointed because the third grand prize is the least impressive I have seen in a while. Actually aside from the set buildings (which are kind of interesting, so I will try them out), none of the grand prizes are worth the effort this time out. Aside from the instants, most of the daily prizes aren't that great either this time around. The father trees are giving way less culture then the blue tree enclosures I got in the summer event. I always look for a pretty new pure culture building that I can use to update the look and total culture in my cities. Not really seeing it this time out. Oh well. Still enjoying the event, in spite of all that whining! lol

Well, my sentiments are similar. With the fall event, I expressly went for all 3 GP and got them. For this event, I too feel that the 3rd GP is not worth it and thus will be stopping at the 2nd one for the sake of set building. As a result I've been going for the high pure culture items, netting one each of the very highest ones so far. I skipped most of the double days so far as well, only going for a few mage multipliers because it was what I wanted for the upcoming gems tournament this week. You can't change the prizes but you sure can make a choice how to play your hand. Also, how good a prize is, is really subjective. 25% health boost is huge for someone who mostly battles in tournaments, and so is 50% damage boost. Some don't care for time boosts, and I'm one of them. So I really don't buy most of the complaints, especially those falling along the lines of "why didn't you put this prize instead of that other prize", "why didn't I get what I wanted" and "why is it so hard to get keys"

Istaru

Well, my sentiments are similar. With the fall event, I expressly went for all 3 GP and got them. For this event, I too feel that the 3rd GP is not worth it and thus will be stopping at the 2nd one for the sake of set building. As a result I've been going for the high pure culture items, netting one each of the very highest ones so far. I skipped most of the double days so far as well, only going for a few mage multipliers because it was what I wanted for the upcoming gems tournament this week. You can't change the prizes but you sure can make a choice how to play your hand. Also, how good a prize is, is really subjective. 25% health boost is huge for someone who mostly battles in tournaments, and so is 50% damage boost. Some don't care for time boosts, and I'm one of them. So I really don't buy most of the complaints, especially those falling along the lines of "why didn't you put this prize instead of that other prize", "why didn't I get what I wanted" and "why is it so hard to get keys"

I understand that the troop boost buildings can be a good thing for some people, and I really get that they won't offer double crowns on the popular buildings. In the last event, one of the double crown days fell on a supplies instant. I guess I was hoping they would do something similar this time, and put them on different kinds of prizes. Eh, it's all good. If the third grand prize is ever something I really want, I will likely try out some of these troop booster buildings after all! lol

DeletedUser3507

#90 buy another 15 kps. Now i Know Elvenar could do much better that these "blipin" buy kp task, they have got to go.

This event compared to previous ones rates a -4 on the 10 scale, worthless.

qaccy

Has it been asked/explained at some point why it seems that the trend is to have 'double' days only when military boosts are the daily prize? I can only speculate myself, but it seems like perhaps the developers are aware that these buildings are rather lackluster compared to the other prizes and thus want to highlight them with the bonus.

I'm someone who does utilize my military fairly heavily so I can actually use these buildings, but I've started wondering just how effective they actually are in most situations.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
#90 buy another 15 kps. Now i Know Elvenar could do much better that these "blipin" buy kp task, they have got to go.
I hope they stay. Being at the end of the tech tree means I'm not spending coins on upgrades, so I'm buying loads of KP every day with my coins making this a free quest.
Even in the previous chapters I've bought an average of 3-7 Kp per day. Also with the option of doing fast visits on the app, that extra coin is good for a handful of KP even if your price is jacked.
This isn't even counting that you can buy KP with goods- You've said you keep a stockpile of 3 million of each tier of goods, I can't imagine how a "buy 15 KP" quest is a hardship for you.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Count up the # of kps required for purchase in this event lol It may shock you
Not in the least. 115 KP? and that's if you choose to buy KP every time instead of solve encounters.
Even if there was no event going on I'd be buying 300+ KP over the 35 days.

Since you've said you don't ever do world map visits, and then you complain about the "buy KP" quests every event, this is what I picture:
fence.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

Funny Soggy funny I used bluestacks and did every province today :p in less than 15 minuters

Bluestacks is for the mobile version to be played on a PC...
So again I do world visits, before this would have taken way over 2 hours if for not using the mobile version.