• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too many mouse clicks.

DeletedUser398

First you have to click on the world icon to see the world map. Then you have to click on a players city to enter their city, then click on the hands, then click on a building you want to aid, then click on the world icon again to return to the world map and start over again. Who's idea was this? Same problem with FOE too many mouse clicks.

Rydeck

DeletedUser

Now that everyone has lost their neighbors, this probably won't get supported as much as it should, but I totally agree with you. Helping/interacting with your neighbors should be easy and rewarding, not a pain in the butt.

DeletedUser

Agreed ... it would be great to have a single pop up with all the explored neighbors and preset Help Options. Once they are set up .. one click.

DeletedUser

I disagree. What help I give depends on what is in the neighbors' cities, and sometimes their expressed preferences. So seeing their city is not unnecessary. There is a big reward given for helping at higher levels of main hall, I don't think the number of clicks is unreasonable.

DeletedUser

There is if your connection is slow ... such as for people who are 100% mobile.

DeletedUser398

Agreed ... it would be great to have a single pop up with all the explored neighbors and preset Help Options. Once they are set up .. one click.
I was thinking when you entered a city it would just default to Help. That way you could just help your neighbor or just look around and move on to the next one.
Thanks for your comment.
Rydeck

DeletedUser

I was thinking when you entered a city it would just default to Help. That way you could just help your neighbor or just look around and move on to the next one.
Thanks for your comment.
Rydeck
+ Esc takes you back to World Map.

DeletedUser

I like Rydeck's idea, it should default to Help if you have that option.

DeletedUser

LOL, I was talking about a One Click to get to Neighborly Help that would bring up a Pop up List of all the cities you've reached. Then Four buttons available for each city. Example:

Towns to Visit ....... Hall ..... Builder .... Culture ..... No Help
John ........................O .............O ..............O .............. O
Paul .........................O .............O ............. O .............. O
Mary ....................... O ............ O ............. O .............. O
Sue ......................... O ............. O ............. O .............. O

HELP NOW (large button to click here)

DeletedUser

The 'help list' idea is the one that I don't think is very good. To me it is too automated. Sure, you would get a lot of rewards fast, but in that case why not just ask for a button that gives you a bunch of gold? I think visiting neighbors and potentially learning from them should be part of the process.

DeletedUser

The 'help list' idea is the one that I don't think is very good. To me it is too automated. Sure, you would get a lot of rewards fast, but in that case why not just ask for a button that gives you a bunch of gold? I think visiting neighbors and potentially learning from them should be part of the process.

Button that gives gold sounds good to me. Seriously though... Here are the ranks of my discovered neighbors that have at least reached Age 2: 463, 696, 1062, 1187, 1649, 3005, 3456: seven players in total. (For context, I am currently rank 114, in Age 3, and have discovered 47 town locations -- many of which were erased.) Of these 7 players, 4 are active and I trade with frequently. For these 4 players, I am more than willing to follow specific instructions and hit whatever they want, but FOR 90% OF MY NEIGHBORS, ALL THAT CAN BE DONE -- EVEN IF I MAKE A PERSONAL VISIT -- IS TO HIT THEIR MAIN HALL.

No one is suggesting taking away the ability to make personal visits. I my scenario, I would visit the 4 players for specific buffs, and then hit a button to buff the main hall of everyone, which would take care of the others.

DeletedUser

I am around the same, although not as high ranked. I have 36 discovered neighbors, 5 of whom are pretty active, which I guess makes me lucky. Visiting the ones that haven't been active does give me a chance to drop them a line if I notice their cities changing, and hopefully encourage them to play more.

DeletedUser

I am around the same, although not as high ranked. I have 36 discovered neighbors, 5 of whom are pretty active, which I guess makes me lucky. Visiting the ones that haven't been active does give me a chance to drop them a line if I notice their cities changing, and hopefully encourage them to play more.
I only play the encouragement game after I see they have trades on the market. I guess I don't have a good enough memory to remember what everyone's town looks like.

Shanarias

Sounds much like a George Jetson problem, pushing that button too many times. :D

Seriously, though, it would be nice if you could skip a couple of clicks and just get the job done.

DeletedUser

lol ... well, I am buffing at least 50+ people a day. I get over 1 mil coins from it. But talk about wear and tear on my poor arthritic fingers. And the sudden changes of the screen kills my eyes. I literally have to look away while the screens change after the first 15-20 cities.

DeletedUser511

You should also be able to go to the next town without having to pop out to the world map and click another town.

DeletedUser175

I must agree helping a neighbor is a giant pain. Another thing I am not thrilled about is the help only last 8 hours. Unless you collect in that 8 hr. span you get ZERO benefit. Example, your factory produces 100 supplies at the end of a 1 day cycle. A neighbor lends a hand. That factory will jump production up to 150, however that is only good for 8 hours, and drops back to the 100. So what good is lending a hand ZERO to the receiver of that favor? The help needs to last 24 hrs. not 8 otherwise it is useless and folks will quite using it.

DeletedUser

Now I have graphic issues and can't even see people's cities when I open them up - just a black region appears - no city.. And it takes a few minutes ... per city ... just to get the map to finish reloading.

DeletedUser119

lol ... well, I am buffing at least 50+ people a day. I get over 1 mil coins from it. But talk about wear and tear on my poor arthritic fingers. And the sudden changes of the screen kills my eyes. I literally have to look away while the screens change after the first 15-20 cities.
I agree, I am also in the top 20 players and when helping my 60 + neighbors I make a ton!
I break the help up twice a day to make it easier and faster to help everyone.