• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too many times this event ...

DeletedUser7738

Halloween misty - ZERO.jpg

Has to be the 4th + time I've had this result: nothing! No cats, candles, or clickable "objects" at all. I've not received a single daily building this event and mostly get candles, KP & gold/supply tokens. Most disappointing event ... ever!! Anyone else seeing this? I use FireFox or Chrome, game set to html5, on a Win10 (fully up-dated) desktop.

DeletedUser7738

Sorry. I bought the 195 pack of lights, used them all & exposed nothing. So, yes there is a cauldron in the mist, but the other 48 previous squares revealed nothing and out of lights & no magic ingredients to purchase more. So, this normal?

Isilwen the fair

I buy the expensive pack with a few extra candles. Its frustrating to wait so long but worth it.

I have 3 cities wall with better results. Let me share my strategy. Use the candles in a row through the columns. Don't try to light every square, just moat of them. So go two or three candles deep. Then use a lantern. It will clear a column and make visible the mist in the adjacent columns. If you can't see anything in the mist, don't worry about clearing it. Otherwise use a candle to grab each object. And repeat. One candle per row, go a couple columns in. And a lantern. I only say this because it appears you are clearing the empty fog squares as well, which is just a waste of resources. I hope that helps some!!

Isilwen the fair

Here is an example of how I play. And semi typical results. I bought the 195 pack plus 3 candles and was able to do this plus half a screen more. Use the candles or globes to clear the fog where prizes are and ignore any other fog.
Screenshot_20201030-033115~3.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
For those who have luck, this is a great event. For those who don't, this is a lousy event. I do not think that Inno should create events that will cause some people to throw away resources for absolutely nothing. I have been luckier than most in that I do believe I will be able to fully evolve the witch hut (provided I get an artifact from the FA), but still, some screens have been terrible and no one can tell me that they're actually getting more from this event than they average in other events. They probably haven't kept records... but I know that even with above average luck (in that I can evolve the witch while others say there will be no way), I am still doing much, much worse than I do in normal events. I've won 2 buildings so far, but I've had to pass up chests that had KP, rune shards, etc, simply because I didn't want to waste a candle on them. With the other style event, I would not have passed up any gifts. All of it would have been bonuses that I am now foregoing in my quest for cats and better chests. I have to admit, I detest this event more than I have ever detested an event in the year I have been here. Wait a minute ... I've never detested an event before this one, so I guess it's only this one.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For those who have luck, this is a great event. For those who don't, this is a lousy event.
Yeah. There's something to be said for "If you complete these actions, you will get these things."

It's been brought up before that an element of chance causes people to spend more money. I don't think the designers have grasped that spending more money does not equal more satisfaction. Forcing us to gamble if we want to participate strikes me as focussing too much on short term gain

Frappuccino

There's strategy into how you employ the use of the items. As for what's optimal I'm not 100% on.

There is also an element of luck but I believe cats have a fairly reasonable spawn chance.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Thanks for replying. I know I was unsure about what you were trying to demonstrate. Just for clarity are you saying you have seen no lost items or cats? Or did you mean that you got nothing but ordinary items, like spells and rune shards from them? Because if I consistently got no cats and no lost items I would contact support.

Try opening the paths at different times a day, and don't buy less than the 420 pack except on the last day. If you have bad luck try another day.

DeletedUser7738

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes, Lelanya, , the former is correct: I have cleared entire maps, or nearly so, & have not found any lost items or cats. As for Isilwen the fair, I have never seen a screen like the one you posted with so many discoverable obects - NEVER! When I do find an object, I get either KP, a PP, spell or shard (there may be an element of chance & therefore just bad luck). As for cats I thought they'd at least be more prevalent, but alas not the case - lucky to see 1 or 2 in the whole of a misty frame explored. Sending an email to support netted me a generic reply, something about "thanks for letting them know". If this is Inno's model of all future events, then I'll have no part of them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There's strategy into how you employ the use of the items. As for what's optimal I'm not 100% on.

There is also an element of luck but I believe cats have a fairly reasonable spawn chance.
I play in 3 different worlds. My cities in these 3 worlds are of similar levels. Earlier in the event, I went for the Mausoleum Wedding building in all 3 worlds, because it gives Orcs and I need more Orc production. Used the same strategy for clearance in all 3 worlds and spent roughly the same amount of points in all 3 worlds. I ended up with 3 Mausoleum Weddings in 1 world and none in the other 2. If that is not blind chance, I don't know what is.

Deleted User - 848945560

I have liked all the events so far but not this one. I have managed to get a few daily exclusive buildings but mostly just 3 and 5 KP rewards. The cats do pop up enough that I will hopefully be able to evolve the Hut but maybe not all the way. The exclusives look amazing too! Such a tease!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
All these events need INNO luck. I don't have an abundance of that. So, since they introduced such a high level of randomness, I often am unable to get everything I need, eg. the evolves. I like quests that have an absolute outcome if I do the work involved. I complete the questlines and still don't get all the evolves. So, now, I am just trying to not care about the events. I get what I get but I won't pay money to get what I should be able to get from investing the TIME to complete the questline.

Morien

I had horrible luck in the Zodiac event, and am having marginally better luck this event (knock on wood). I think having a "chest" (skull, book, cauldron, whatever) that has a mere 6% chance of the daily prize is ridiculous. At least in this event, if I don't want to waste my resources opening a chest with crap chances, I don't have to. In the air trader event earlier this year, there were regularly chests with chances as high as 33%! Are they not *exclusive* enough if everyone can get them? It's so frustrating.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
The idea behind this, I believe, is not the enjoyment o the player, but how much INNO enjoys the players buying diamonds to get them further in these events. I haven't been able to advance well in ANY of my cities, so it is what it is.

The Unbeliever

Part of the problem with this event - in terms of the cats/grand prizes, is that they've left off a very crucial element from the 'original' FoE version they borrowed this from...
Namely, the 'Spell Books/Creepy Toys' 'bonus' mini quest lines.

As an example, in the FoE version, you could find special items that provided a bonus mini quest. Each quest contained 5 tasks, the first 4 of which gave out 5 event currency, while the final quest offered a minor to moderate reward.
And while yes, it seems like 20 currency per spell book/creepy toy quest line is pitiful, an active player was easily capable of blasting through at least 18-20 of these during the event. (myself, I managed 28, which gave me 20x28 = 560 bonus event currency!)
That's enough extra event currencies to buy 1x 'large' tools pack with some bonus to add onto your daily incident pick-ups.

Secondly, (yes, it gets worse!), in the FoE version, we paid only 395 currency for the large tools pack, and got 20 candles vs. the 18 we get here... so yes, they're also badly gaking all over us in that regard as well.

With very careful use of tools in the original FoE format, it's generally possible to claim 1 grand prize, (and a couple extra cats/light bulbs in FoE), per large tools pack.

So to better balance this event, we need the COMPLETE VERSION of it vs. this nerfed version the devs have gakked out!! :mad::mad::mad:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Part of the problem with this event - in terms of the cats/grand prizes, is that they've left off a very crucial element from the 'original' FoE version they borrowed this from...
Namely, the 'Spell Books/Creepy Toys' 'bonus' mini quest lines.

As an example, in the FoE version, you could find special items that provided a bonus mini quest. Each quest contained 5 tasks, the first 4 of which gave out 5 event currency, while the final quest offered a minor to moderate reward.
And while yes, it seems like 20 currency per spell book/creepy toy quest line is pitiful, an active player was easily capable of blasting through at least 18-20 of these during the event. (myself, I managed 28, which gave me 20x28 = 560 bonus event currency!)
That's enough extra event currencies to buy 1x 'large' tools pack with some bonus to add onto your daily incident pick-ups.

Secondly, (yes, it gets worse!), in the FoE version, we paid only 395 currency for the large tools pack, and got 20 candles vs. the 18 we get here... so yes, they're also badly gaking all over us in that regard as well.

With very careful use of tools in the original FoE format, it's generally possible to claim 1 grand prize, (and a couple extra cats/light bulbs in FoE), per large tools pack.

So to better balance this event, we need the COMPLETE VERSION of it vs. this nerfed version the devs have gakked out!! :mad::mad::mad:
Yep!!

Frappuccino

Imo it's nerfed to encourage people to spend currency for diamonds for the promotional building/extra bags that I've seen throughout the event.