• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too much expansion

MojaveByrd

I've seen it mentioned in some posts that you can expand your map beyond your research. How do you know if you've done that?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Just don't scout or fight passed what the chest for the next chapter says you need to get to open the chest ! ( the chests in your tech tree). Hope this helps!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
To expand on Sir Squirrel's post, at the beginning of each chapter is a chest for Advanced Scouts. You can not open the chest until you have finished enough provinces. Until you do, it will have a red number like 8/10 or 27/30 (where the first number will be red if you are below the minimum to open the chest). If you have scouted much more than that second number (i.e. 32/30, then you are pushing your scouts and paying more than you need to for the province, plus the enemies in the province will be very difficult to fight successfully. You will have to negotiate (which is all I do anyway) and it will cost more than it would if you scouted the province at the appropriate time.

MojaveByrd

Ah - thank you - I haven't gone passed my expansion except in one city. Now that I know what to look for I won't make that mistake again. But that means I can't expand my city as fast as I would like to.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
You can go past the chests at the end of the chapter but how far is somewhat blurry. Comments from Inno staff are 10-30 provinces or scout times should be less than 24hrs. Other then those comments it is a bit speculative and it does seem to vary by era. In era 1 and 2 basically do exactly the number on the chests and no more, for later eras there is more room to expand beyond those numbers.

You can use tournaments to gain more KP and expand quicker into later technologies which will let you expand more on the world map. This is something we were told tournaments were for (the gaps between world map expansion). You can also do tournaments fairly cheaply with troops saving your goods for the tech tree/buildings.