• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Tournament of Magic

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Screenshot 2024-01-22 160922.jpg

Even amidst the weighty affairs of the Elvarian Sorcerers Society, where the most potent sorcerers grapple with worldly and otherworldly concerns, the allure of delightful games proves irresistible. Enter the dazzling Tournament of Magic, where prowess, skill, and enchantments converge in a grand competition! Bold sorcerers from every corner of the world showcase their expertise in specialized arenas. This year's challenge centers on 'power over life,' where sorcerers from all three disciplines display their mastery in front of esteemed judges, who themselves are renowned sorcerers. Unlock the secrets within the Tome of Sorcerer Trials and select from three extraordinary main prizes. Will you choose to master the arts of all three disciplines or focus your expertise on a singular path? The choice lies in your hands. Join the sorcerers' tournament and immerse yourself in the magic firsthand!

This event will start on January 29th, 2024 and is a 22 day event.

Links to helpful websites have been made available here which I will update as more information becomes available.

Lelanya

Nope they've done it once before. I'll check but it seems to me the last 3 events started on a Tuesday, with Beta running on Monday. And, it's their game, they can start things as it suits them.

Cheap Nag

I used to use events as a way to get lots of KP, but it's clear now that Royal Restorations and Spell Fragments are much more valuable. Anyone know which daily prize buildings will be the best to disenchant for those?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Disenchanting only gets spell fragments. If you place an event building into your city, you then can sell it for the CCs or RRs it is worth. So you will have to decide which is more valuable to you. There are partial lists from Inno for sell values, but I don't know of any full lists yet.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The bases for the evolving buildings in this event are going to be awarded as sorceries. Does anybody know if the level of the building is set by: 1. the chapter of your city when you collect the sorcery or 2. the chapter of your city when you cast the sorcery?

Fayeanne

If they are like past sorceries, then it'll be the chapter in which you obtain the sorcery. The sorceries themselves have chapter assignments, and looking at some past examples in my cities, the buildings I'd get out of them are the chapter of the sorcery, not my current chapter.

Spiny

According to the idavis website, the best daily prize is a 4x3 building, which can disenchant for 720 Spell Fragments if you have a level 5 Magic Academy.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
its kinda pathetic... instead of having 'rewards' and 'prizes' from the event... we just have players looking to find the best value to get rid of those prizes in order to slightly counter the massive screw up of an upgrade update that inno just did. - Couldnt get much more of a clear sign of how bad they screwed this one up..

Lelanya

The folks who write these quests really have a thankless task. We dislike the Buy KP, the Donate to Magic Academy, the Wholesaler, and now the Collect Vision Vapor quests.
I found this event very well balanced overall. There was one set Supply quests a bit too close together, one set of Goods quests with too little recovery time, but whenever I have been close to topping up Gold or Supplies a Wholesaler or Buy KP quest turned up.

Don't mind Dom, we think he must be overscouted.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Why do map province quests trigger you so much? And this is an honest, legit question. The recent update to how AWs work removed total number of provinces cleared as a factor for every single ancient wonder. So: for example, it is no longer beneficial to clear lots of map provinces in order to improve how your Dragon Abbey works. The only benefit in clearing map provinces now is for extra expansions. But this is most important for early game cities. You've been here a long time so I would think you are beyond this stage of the game. Is it really a hardship to scout a few provinces and then leave them unfinished until you need to do them for an event? This is pretty much what I do.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Don't mind Dom, we think he must be overscouted.
Why do map province quests trigger you so much? And this is an honest, legit question. The recent update to how AWs work removed total number of provinces cleared as a factor for every single ancient wonder. So: for example, it is no longer beneficial to clear lots of map provinces in order to improve how your Dragon Abbey works. The only benefit in clearing map provinces now is for extra expansions. But this is most important for early game cities. You've been here a long time so I would think you are beyond this stage of the game. Is it really a hardship to scout a few provinces and then leave them unfinished until you need to do them for an event? This is pretty much what I do.
For the record, only slightly. And thats mostly because of these world map only quests. Im at 223 at the start of wood elves. Its 220 to start the next chapter. So only a bit.
The reason i dont like the quest is two fold. One, anyone short on scoutable provenances, either by staying still, reaching the end of game, or over scouting, can have an incredibly hard time with this quest; or at the very least, take multi days just to be able to do it. And two, the complete lack of an OR option. Id have no complaints if one part was world map with an OR for something unrelated. Then ppl could do as they find better for them. But instead we get no OR option, or a BS OR option like negotiate world map OR fight world map'. Either way, if you have an issue with world map, your screwed.
What bothers me most, is inno has to know this by now. Its impossible not to. And they chose to do it anyway. There is no harm at all in a legit OR option. Doesnt hurt a thing, and can improve player moral. Instead they ignore it and keep doing it anyway. So every single time i see it... i get a little more annoyed. More and more and more and more....

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
on a different note... i just got around to looking at the tourney of magic grand prize. 3 buildings from a tome. Do these have to be connected to each other at all? I dont see it mentioned anyware, nor do i see a link bonus, but i figured id double check. - If you reach 260, you get 3 tomes. So you can get each building or 3 of the same. Or w/e you want. Upgradable to lvl 5 (4 artifacts). So 3 buildings needing 4 artifacts each. But i only see a total of 8 artifacts available. So either spread them out and have 3 semi evolvd buildings or 2 fully evolved buildings and an extra?
Is all that right? Iv had a bad week medical wise and could easily have been missing something. So i wanted to check.