• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Tournament of Magic

Henroo

Oh Wise One
on a different note... i just got around to looking at the tourney of magic grand prize. 3 buildings from a tome. Do these have to be connected to each other at all? I dont see it mentioned anyware, nor do i see a link bonus, but i figured id double check. - If you reach 260, you get 3 tomes. So you can get each building or 3 of the same. Or w/e you want. Upgradable to lvl 5 (4 artifacts). So 3 buildings needing 4 artifacts each. But i only see a total of 8 artifacts available. So either spread them out and have 3 semi evolvd buildings or 2 fully evolved buildings and an extra?
Is all that right? Iv had a bad week medical wise and could easily have been missing something. So i wanted to check.
It will be impossible to get 3 fully evolved buildings without spending a lot of real world money or diamonds. I do think it is possible for a free player to end up with 2 fully evolved buildings and to have the tome for the 3rd building. That way if you get artifacts in the future from either a fellowship adventure or from the spire you will have the option of placing and evolving a 3rd building.

In my opinion, the best building of the 3 is Potionmaker's Pedestal. When fully evolved it will provide an extra combing catalyst daily, as well as 2 other resources that will depend on your chapter. Given the changes to the costs of how ancient wonders upgrade, I feel extra CC production is going to be important moving forward. Especially since we are also going to be getting new recipes in the magic academy to let us turn CCs into spell fragments. I chose to get and evolve 2 copies of Potionmakers.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
In my opinion, the best building of the 3 is Potionmaker's Pedestal. When fully evolved it will provide an extra combing catalyst daily, as well as 2 other resources that will depend on your chapter.
that was my thoughts as well. The awkp instant is worthless now. The kp one is almost worthless atm. But the CC could come in handy.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Henroo I am currently at 320 and still barely in Gold League. If I can stay there, I will have two building at level 5 and the third at level 4. I would need to somehow make it to 360 points to get that final artifact to make them all level 5. I have not spent anything yet, other than buying the royal pass, so just lots and lots of good luck this time. Of course, the royal pass does gives an extra 250 event currency, and to buy the same amount directly would be 1200 diamonds, rather than the 1500 for the pass. You can consider all the other prizes from the pass to be a bonus to go with the currency or you can consider the currency a bonus to go with all the other prizes. I have also bought the pass for every event since it was added, and that includes the first several not giving any event currency at all as a prize. So I don't know if you can say I have or have not spent diamonds to advance the event, since I am not buying the pass to specifically get the extra currency. But anyway, even with the extra from the pass, I am fortunate to get to 280, so being at 320+ is huge luck, I feel like this started rambling, but the point is that no way I am spending enough diamonds to get to 360 and that last artifact I would need, I am happy to wait for the next FA to get one. Now, if I have to spend a few diamonds this time to stay in Gold, I will.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thats a bit beyond good luck. Even going for grandprize chests, i only got 252 and 273 so far. WIth only the daily reward left to collect.

I only did the 44, 72, 75, and 76 and won back lots of currency. At least a couple of times I won back currency from three straight beacons. The low-percentage gods loved me this time around.

BrinDarby

(edited) 232, 241, 256, 276 .... 1 is in Silver.
the RNG wasn't my friend.

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I only did the 44, 72, 75, and 76 and won back lots of currency. At least a couple of times I won back currency from three straight beacons. The low-percentage gods loved me this time around.
those are the ones i went for as well. But that goes to show jsut how large a gap that rng can make the rewards for players. And for those that get a little extra, there are those that get screwed over. Iv been there a few times. It sucks.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Ha... in addition to my last comment about how wide that rng can be on getting extra currency and its effect on if you can get the full prize or not... I finished cashing in (unless there is a35 at mid night : 5h left in event for me) and i came up 1 shot of getting that third, and final, main tome. Where as my second city was close to the portrait (259/260 and 278/280).
Decided to go through my emails today and completely forgot one thing. The little currency reward from the email. (Been a rough week). So i collected them which gave me just enough to get one more chest for each of em. :D
But yea... it can be that close. Iv had events where i did end one single piece short of the last bit of the main prize. Which is infuriating.

So 260 and bronze league and 280 silver league.
Silver currently standing at 269+ with 11h left. Likely to rise a little.

One a completely related note, being that close does worry me for other players tho. Again, its that huge variable of rng on extra currency in chest. But i did all quests, collected around city parameter many times during each day, opened chests strictly for the grand prize, and i had two active ashen phoenixes. Plus that email. And with all that going, it was down to the last single wisp thinngy, in one city, for getting the main reward. Make me think how many other ppl that might not be able to have/do all that could potentially fair out. Feels wrong to have anyone that can complete the entire quest line and open chests for grand prizes, and still not get the full reward. Its just wrong imo. But it absolutely can/does happen with the system design of these events; specifically, relying on the rng chest currency to get you where you need to be.
Now i know inno is probably trying to do that on purpose. Get ppl just close enough but a hair short. Just to anger them into buying that last bit of currency to get that last point or two. Which, again imo, is a horrible intent. But we know they aint going to change that tactic'

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo I am currently at 320 and still barely in Gold League. If I can stay there, I will have two building at level 5 and the third at level 4. I would need to somehow make it to 360 points to get that final artifact to make them all level 5. I have not spent anything yet, other than buying the royal pass, so just lots and lots of good luck this time. Of course, the royal pass does gives an extra 250 event currency, and to buy the same amount directly would be 1200 diamonds, rather than the 1500 for the pass. You can consider all the other prizes from the pass to be a bonus to go with the currency or you can consider the currency a bonus to go with all the other prizes. I have also bought the pass for every event since it was added, and that includes the first several not giving any event currency at all as a prize. So I don't know if you can say I have or have not spent diamonds to advance the event, since I am not buying the pass to specifically get the extra currency. But anyway, even with the extra from the pass, I am fortunate to get to 280, so being at 320+ is huge luck, I feel like this started rambling, but the point is that no way I am spending enough diamonds to get to 360 and that last artifact I would need, I am happy to wait for the next FA to get one. Now, if I have to spend a few diamonds this time to stay in Gold, I will.
You did have good luck on bonus currency! I chose the various 70 point chests and the 44 point chest every time. Fed Ashen Phoenix in the 3 established cities. In the new city I did buy a stash house because I wanted to do well there in the first event. Final scores are: 293, 281, 285, and 300. The city with the 300 score is the new city that I bought a stash house for. This would seem to indicate that a stash house is more beneficial in an event than feeding an Ashen Phoenix is. If I had bought the prize pass and gotten the 250 bonus currency, that would have been worth 10 or 11 more points (unless I got lucky and hit for bonus scrolls when spending them). If I added those 10 or 11 points to the score of any of my cities, I would not get to 320.

BrinDarby

(edited) 232, 241, 256, 276 .... 1 is in Silver.
the RNG wasn't my friend.
So lets see, if we get 1 more daily (35c)... then I
might hit 260,280.... but I'll have to pay :diamond: if I want
the 4th city to just hit 240. No AshenPhoenix, no
emails, no StashHouse. I usually picked the 76,72,44,24.

Glandeh

You did have good luck on bonus currency! I chose the various 70 point chests and the 44 point chest every time. Fed Ashen Phoenix in the 3 established cities. In the new city I did buy a stash house because I wanted to do well there in the first event. Final scores are: 293, 281, 285, and 300. The city with the 300 score is the new city that I bought a stash house for. This would seem to indicate that a stash house is more beneficial in an event than feeding an Ashen Phoenix is. If I had bought the prize pass and gotten the 250 bonus currency, that would have been worth 10 or 11 more points (unless I got lucky and hit for bonus scrolls when spending them). If I added those 10 or 11 points to the score of any of my cities, I would not get to 320.
It is quite clear that the stash house is better than feeding the AP (and I think it should be, it costs money after all). The AP will give 1 or 2 currency per quest, so not more than 150 for a normal event, probably less. It's not hard to pick up at least 12 pieces of currency each day, that's about 250 pickups so 250 extra currency.

Fayeanne

In my opinion, the best building of the 3 is Potionmaker's Pedestal.
...which is why one best hope one is not Steel/Scrolls/Dust boosted like half the people on this forum were back in the days of the Moonstone Library fiasco. Because guess which boost is about to get the shaft again? Yep, Scrolls.

I'd previously built a Blooming Trader Guild to deal with this issue before, but now they've taken that away and I doubt I'll ever be able to upgrade it back up to the level of 1-to-1 trades again, so I'm honestly not sure yet how I will handle this situation. Over-produce and take trades for a loss I guess. The fact that Sentient Goods decay will make it even more difficult since you can't just rely on waiting longer to build up needed resources.

Still waiting to see just how bad the imbalance will end up being. It took a while for the Scrolls one to really become noticeable. Maybe by the time this one does, I'll be beyond the point where I need S2?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
...which is why one best hope one is not Steel/Scrolls/Dust boosted like half the people on this forum were back in the days of the Moonstone Library fiasco. Because guess which boost is about to get the shaft again? Yep, Scrolls.

I'd previously built a Blooming Trader Guild to deal with this issue before, but now they've taken that away and I doubt I'll ever be able to upgrade it back up to the level of 1-to-1 trades again, so I'm honestly not sure yet how I will handle this situation. Over-produce and take trades for a loss I guess. The fact that Sentient Goods decay will make it even more difficult since you can't just rely on waiting longer to build up needed resources.

Still waiting to see just how bad the imbalance will end up being. It took a while for the Scrolls one to really become noticeable. Maybe by the time this one does, I'll be beyond the point where I need S2?
In my chapter 5 city my Potionmaker's Pedestal is giving me silk and gems. But in the long term it should not be a factor at all for any normal goods because only low level players will be getting them from Potionmaker's Pedestal. At Halflings chapter, 1 of the resources it provides will switch to seeds and stay seeds for the remaining chapters. At the Amuni chapter, the other resource will switch to tier 2 sentient goods and will stay that way the rest of the game. What made the original Moonstone set so devastating to scroll players was because both the library and endless scroll continued to produce scrolls for every single player, regardless of chapter.

Fayeanne

What made the original Moonstone set so devastating to scroll players was because both the library and endless scroll continued to produce scrolls for every single player, regardless of chapter.
This is true, and I don't expect the problem to be quite as bad as it was with Scrolls. But any city past Amuni is going to be getting Royal Velvet, and I imagine most of the big cities that won 4-5 fully-evolved copies of the Potionmaker's Pedestal are probably past that. Even those who didn't go crazy on the event probably have at least 2. So these cities will probably no longer need to trade for their velvet. But cities still coming up through the chapters that missed the event will need to, since unlike the Moonstone Library this building is not craftable, so there is that.

Dhurrin

Why do map province quests trigger you so much? And this is an honest, legit question. The recent update to how AWs work removed total number of provinces cleared as a factor for every single ancient wonder. So: for example, it is no longer beneficial to clear lots of map provinces in order to improve how your Dragon Abbey works. The only benefit in clearing map provinces now is for extra expansions. But this is most important for early game cities. You've been here a long time so I would think you are beyond this stage of the game. Is it really a hardship to scout a few provinces and then leave them unfinished until you need to do them for an event? This is pretty much what I do.
For me I dislike them because it takes a bloody long time to scout a new province. Even with a lvl 35 Scout's Tavern it takes about 90 hours. And yes, yes, I know, I 'overscouted'. However, I already was playing this game long before that ever became an issue.
So I keep scouting anyway, just to have provinces at the ready for quests like this.