• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament

Aritra

It depends on how many provinces you have completed of that type! I low you photo!
What do you mean by "of that type"?
I've never maxed out my tourney provinces so I don't know where the limit is currently. I've been curious. Is there a simple way to calculate it (such as related to provinces, as you indicated)? Please elaborate. :)

NightshadeCS

On your world map, there are provinces of the 9 types (planks, scrolls, etc., etc.) that you scout and then clear the 8 encounters. Depending on how many of those you have finished, that is how many will be available once the tournament starts. So, you should always be increasing the number of provinces available as you scout and complete the encounters in each. It will never decrease.

Somewhere some folks gave illustrations of how the types are laid out and a rough estimation of how many you will have of each type given the number of rings out from your city you have scouted and completed. If you go roughly in a circle, though, you can expect to have roughly the same number of each kind, give or take 1 or 2. If you want more of a specific type, you can aim your scouting for those types. Each one has a different image on the map so you can tell what they are.

Province pictures

Iyapo1

Is there a simple way to calculate it (such as related to provinces, as you indicated)
No. Unfortunately there is no simply way to accurately count it. Basically it is your number of cleared provinces divided by 9....plus or minus 1 or 2. But this is only semi accurate if you clear provinces in rings.

Each player has a different boosts so each player is surrounded by a different pattern of province types, it makes mathing it fun.

Aritra

@NightshadeCS and @Kingdomofmyself
So, if it is a scrolls tourney, then however many scroll provinces you've completed. Got it.
So simple way to calculate. My scouting goes semi even around. I try to keep it symmetrical, but comparative costs of that province may force me to deviate the shape a bit... can't go as circling as I'd like.

260 provinces total complete at the moment. Map is a huge hexagon, with the top and bottom pointier than I'd like (out of balance with the sides, though fairly symmetrical as a whole). I got further than I ever have in opening tourney provinces; I'm at 28 now. I was curious how much further it was possible to go. Hmm

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

Yes, I wanted to add that the smaller your pool of cleared provinces is, the more variation there will be in how many of each type you have. Instead of saying you might be off by one or two (i.e., have 5 scroll provinces but 7 crystal), it would be more accurate to say you will see variation of a certain percentage, and that results in a greater spread in the amounts when there is a smaller pool.

@Aritra doing the divide by 9 gets you at 28.8, so you must be pretty close to your max. : )

Gkyr

Chef
If you want hard numbers, @knightshade56 , go to your world map. Currently we are in the silk tournament. Count how many silk-themed provinces you have finished clearing. That is how many will be available to you for the silk tournament. Same for the other goods.
It is always possible to clear all 8 encounters in a new province in order to have that province added to your tourney provinces of the same theme.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The max number of available provinces is not as important under the current tournament format as it was under the previous tournament format. Under the old format difficulty level was fixed and it was possible to push deep into the tournament and open all your provinces. Under the current format, difficulty level gets harder with every province. If you are a fighting player you are seriously outnumbered by province 20 and are severely outnumbered by province 30. Even though I have over 30 provinces available I typically stop somewhere around the mid-20s

Gladiola

@Lelanya since the relic types alternate along the diagonals, if you are working along a diagonal side of your ring that has those two types of relics, then you will have relatively more of them for a short time (until you hit another diagonal that doesn't have any at all).