• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade Neighbourhood ,who will be my neighbourhood?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I do still think that I'm seeing (and it sounds like others have seen) an exception to this, so I'm still curious about the game mechanics that control the trader, but it also sounds like nobody knows for sure how it works.

One thing I am thinking is how actively do your discovered neighbors post trades? I have a decent number of neighbors who regularly post trades, so even though this new neighbor is active and has probably been posting trades for as long as we have been on the map together, he is ranked 172 on Arendyll, because I already have a good number of trades in my trader, his trades never showed until I discovered him. Oh, and he has never taken any of my trades before, but that may just be from timing and not him not discovering me yet. And I very rarely see trades with fees.

On the other hand, my girlfriend has a city on Felyndral and she has a much lower number of trades on average in her trader and sees many more trades with fees, including from new cities outside her discovered area.

Kekune

One thing I am thinking is how actively do your discovered neighbors post trades?

I've got about a dozen people in my discovered territory who routinely show up in my trader. I've always been in a rough neighborhood. Recent moves have improved things, and I've suddenly got a lot more active neighbors than before. (Someone asked if this player I'm talking about could have been one of those moves, and I believe she's been there for as long as I have.)

So if the trader was based on trading activity, then it would make sense for me to see people pretty far out, I'd think. And I do sometimes - just not always.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They're not going to tell us, and it could be as simple as discovered plus enough to equal 200 but nobody undiscovered who shares a boost with you to much more complex.