• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trader

is this a good idea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser61

Forge of Empires and The West, both of which I currently play. I have seen no abuses or so called pushing as some would claim.
I know of several FoE accounts that were banned for pushing. The most obvious (foolish) indicator is when a low level player suddenly has a Alcatraz.

At the moment Elvenar itself provides few opportunities and negligible advantage for pushing, and I'd very much prefer to keep it that way.

Besides which, I have some serious theoretical concerns as well
  • A gift economy tends to become intrusive. While the person doing the giving feels good about it, and the person who is assisted is happy for the moment, it can degenerate something that's pretty obnoxious.
    • Player A designs a city that produces way too many goods
    • In large part the fault lies with InnoGames on this one, because of the way they implemented declinable quests. Happily, they're gimping declinable quests
    • Player A uses negotiation to acquire additional sectors for more expansions for more manufacturing, in a vicious circle
    • Eventually the cost of scouting literally exceeds the number of coins that can be accumulated in the Main Hall
    • Now the player has NOTHING USEFUL to do with thousands of excess goods
    • So they try to "give them away" to new players, who are themselves over building manufacturing capacity based on the "good" advice from Player A
    • So Player B is now playing a game that's been trivialized, and while they'll advance rapidly, they won't be playing a City Builder game, nor will they be experiencing the balancing act that's the most interesting part of the game.
So pushing is actually the least of my worries. I'm far more concerned about allowing a gift economy that would trivialize the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh please, InnoGames, add a fellowship-only trade option to Elvenar, I BEG of you.

Every single day, for months, a neighbor with a ranking in the lower two hundred of Arendyll, and a fellowship in the top fifty, has been blanket-accepting each non-boosted goods trade I post. We have the exact same boosts, so I understand the appeal, but I put in a lot of effort in order to build up and then place those non-boosted goods trades, hoping (foolishly, I suppose), to aid lower level players. My entreaties to even cut back a little on how many trades he accepts has fallen on deaf ears, or a deaf conscience, as the only reply I have received is that he clicks through the trades too fast to notice who they are from, which is utter rubbish. How could someone, especially one who has played the game long enough to advance that far, not notice who is posting three star trades daily? Especially after I have sent several messages regarding this matter?

*sighs in frustration* This is a constant aggravation that I should not have to deal with, and I refuse to let the inconsideration of others affect my actions, but I can't move my city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 312108

Poor Insanity, I can understand that feeling. It's also difficult to coordinate times with folks to be able to post when they are online and waiting for goods.
In some respects I'd like to be able to post something like 1000 goods and be able to say you can offer me x at a rate of 75-100% or better to gain a portion of these goods.

DeletedUser1495

I am fairly new to this game, but isn't this issue mostly remedied by the fellow who's supposed to receive the good trade posting the reverse bad trade?
Can't you expect a little bit of waiting time and initiative from the fellow you're trying to help?

Deleted User - 312108

Yes you can, most fellowships promote fair trades 2 star or better. 1 star or less are acceptable when by pre-arrangement. Fortunately I haven't had the issues Insanity has. But then on the first 2 worlds I think I am toward the outer edges were we are in a desert. o_O

DeletedUser594

3 star trades? That's like dangling bait. ;) As NT was suggesting- instead of putting up something favorable like 100marble : 25 steel
have the player you're helping put up 25 steel: 100 marble and you close.
The trade is not going to get closed by a neighbor, but if it did- bonus.
No co-ordination is needed other than to tell the member in need of help to post the trade. Then send out a general message telling members an unfair trade is being posted by arrangement.

DeletedUser1010

I don't know if anyone Suggested this already...but maybe have a system where when a person in a fellowships posts a trade the trade is only available to the fellowship for the frist like 30mins or so then if its not taken it also becomes available to non fellowships neighbors ? That woulf give the fellowship member who needs help a chance frist

DeletedUser

3 star trades? That's like dangling bait.
No, it's how I post all my trades, and it is not for any specific user (when it is, we arrange it). I'm at a point where I have little need for goods, and I put them out there for anyone who is short on something to grab without a sense of obligation (my fellowship is very conscientious about this, and only accept what they need [the few times they have been able to, that is]). It may be seen as "gifting" by many, but I have a huge surplus in all goods almost entirely due to the way I trade.

DeletedUser

I am fairly new to this game, but isn't this issue mostly remedied by the fellow who's supposed to receive the good trade posting the reverse bad trade?
Can't you expect a little bit of waiting time and initiative from the fellow you're trying to help?
It isn't for a specific person, but that is a good way of exchanging goods with a fellow.