• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Training Times Increased?

Agvar

It is just me, or have the times it takes to recruit new troops been nerfed. I used to collect some from each of the three buildings every 3 hours, however on my last visit only 1 had produced anything! I have contacted Support, but no answer yet.

Agvar

One of my cities now has waiting times of nearly 2 days. Hope I don't get any Season Quests requiring me to hire troops.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
One of my cities now has waiting times of nearly 2 days. Hope I don't get any Season Quests requiring me to hire troops.
If it really matters to you that you be able to complete them, use speed up timers.

BrinDarby

you don't have to train max troops either.
Even if you can train 500 troops per tile,
you can also just train 20 and that time to
train will be greatly reduced.

defiantoneks

Update, according to Support the Signum Mentis Event building increses to number of troops produced at the cost of time.
yeah i was disappointed in myself at having deployed it. if i'd realized that was the result i would have saved it for vacation or some time i actually needed longer times.

Genefer

Does the increased training size from the buildings increase the troop collection bonus from the bear & simia?

defiantoneks

Does the increased training size from the buildings increase the troop collection bonus from the bear & simia?
i doubt it, as their capacity is determined by other factors. the benefit is increased capacity for training (not production or bonus).
So i assume it is only good for barracks, training grounds and merc camp.

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 7.58.03 PM.png

Genefer

Increased training capacity increases troop unit production - so if the building increases training capacity it should increase unit production? When I upgrade an armory, the shrine, and DB - the training capacity increases and the troop collection/ production bonus from the Simia increases.

training capacity simia bonus.png

Will the collection bonus increase with this building?

Genefer

Ok - like the training size increasing fields last year? I hadn't yet built the Simia at the time so do not know how it interacted with the fields.

We now know it increases training time - does it also increase training cost?

Pheryll

Set Designer
ok - time, cost, and Simia collection bonus troop quantity increases with this building.

Which means they are separate multipliers.

Multiplier 1: Training size: Base (6) + Armories + Dwarven Bulwark + Shrewdy Shrooms + Signum Mentis
Multiplier 2: Collection Bonus: 100% + Simia + Brown Bear

Multiplier 2 does not increase the training time, just the amount. Multiplier 1 increases both as it has no impact on the training speed. While bonus collection seems to have increased, remember that it is a percentage, even though it is displayed as if it were an additive value.

Another way of looking at it, is that that Signum Mentis acts as a temporary level 19 dwarven bulwark (potentially duplicate) without the increased spire/tournament difficulty but without the light melee troop production.

Last edited:

Genefer

Yes, I wanted to make sure the increased training time did not negatively impact the collection bonus from the simia

Agvar

Things have got worse. Times have increased further and troop numbers have fallen back to normal!

- Training Grounds Queue 2 [cropped].jpg

Glandeh

Things have got worse. Times have increased further and troop numbers have fallen back to normal!

View attachment 15540
I think these numbers are ok, if you have no other bonus active atm.
If you can stand a little math, I'll try to explain: Each single unit takes time to train, the numbers can be found on the wiki, but the basic time is 12 minutes for a size 1 unit. Size 2 units (like Dryads) take 24 minutes, size 3 units (Banshees) take 36 each. This time is divided by the training speed of your troop producing building (11 for a level 4 Training grounds, I looked it up on the wiki). This means that your 485 Dryads would need 485 * 24 / 11 = 1058 minutes or 17.6 hours. Your Banshees would take 323 * 36 / 11 = 1057 minutes or 17.6 hours. Add the 8:50 remaining time for the Banshees currently in production, and you come very close to the 44:05 hours needed to finish the queue.