• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

valentine float

LokeTokig

Devs! The building is absolutely beautiful, BUT it has absolutely terrible stats for what it does! I want to place it in my cities, but I can't justify it purely by the eyecandy. Please make it at least yield same amount of mana/seeds as a stonehenge! As it stands, I can just craft a festival merchant, and get better yields without also worrying about 16 royal restorations per chapter upkeep... That's not right!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It works just like every other building that gives goods based on your chapter. It gives mana if you are in chapter 9 or later when you get it and seeds if you get the building in chapter 11 or later. If you are not in those chapters yet, then yes, you will have to level it up as you advance.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Devs! The building is absolutely beautiful, BUT it has absolutely terrible stats for what it does! I want to place it in my cities, but I can't justify it purely by the eyecandy. Please make it at least yield same amount of mana/seeds as a stonehenge! As it stands, I can just craft a festival merchant, and get better yields without also worrying about 16 royal restorations per chapter upkeep... That's not right!
Don't place it. shred it for fragments and keep the artifacts, then craft it when you get to a later chapter.

Frankly, none of the last three evolving buildings have been worth the space they take up.

Deleted User - 3932582

Frankly, none of the last three evolving buildings have been worth the space they take up.
Mermaids and Gingerbread were OK replacements for T1/T2 manufactories; I placed L10 Stonehenge back in a day when I was desperate for any extra seeds (IIRC that was before Festival Merchants), and left it for looks. Valentine's... I am really not sure why it exists. This will be the first grand prize in quite a while that I won't be placing in my city.

DeletedUser19439

Not sure why all the bashing of the VD Float? Not spectacular, admittedly, but is still efficient. I am in Amuni, so looking at equivalent from BEST (theoretically) available alternatives:
Population (Winter Star)— 6 sq
Mana (Mana Hut)— 6 sq
Seeds (Festival Merchant)— 7 sq
3 AW instant/day
(2xMonument of Ancient Knowledge)— 8 sq*
*or use 3x Carting Libraries— 6 sq
TOTAL = 25-27 sq....IFF you could get all those buildings at chapter level.

compared to the 16 sq of the Float....

Edit: the alternatives would yield extra culture, but would also require an additional (calculated) 2.7-3.2 sq of road access, which one could also consider in the analysis of value/efficiency.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not spectacular, admittedly, but is still efficient. I am in Amuni, so looking at equivalent from BEST (theoretically) available alternatives:
Those alternatives also don't take up an entire month to get to not-quite-fully-evolved-without-spending-money. If those things were so much work to obtain, nobody would want them, either. Even if you get nine evlolves, that means it is taking up what could have been nine other prizes.

LokeTokig

And all of those alternatives are also replacable with various equivalents during every event with nearly no effort(to keep up to date). The float is unique, takes extreme vigilance to max, takes large number of royal restorations to keep up to date, and for all that it doesn't feel like anything special. It's looks is the only thing going for it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sure, if someone only cares about one of the things provided by one of these hybrid evolving buildings, then it will never measure up to a building that just provides that resource. But there are plenty of players who like getting multiple goods/resources/population/etc from a single 4x4 building. Plus, comparing it to buildings not currently available right now to a player, like the mana hut or winter star, is pointless. Comparisons need to be practical, not hypothetical.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sure, if someone only cares about one of the things provided by one of these hybrid evolving buildings, then it will never measure up to a building that just provides that resource. But there are plenty of players who like getting multiple goods/resources/population/etc from a single 4x4 building. Plus, comparing it to buildings not currently available right now to a player, like the mana hut or winter star, is pointless. Comparisons need to be practical, not hypothetical.
From a purely practical perspective, there is nothing about the Valentine Float that makes it feel like a reward for 4 weeks of relatively focussed and intense effort. A prize you can only obtain if you are extremely fortunate or spend money should be prized.

mikeledo

The game has become more complex. I enjoy the fact. There is a small group of folks who do not and are quitting the game because of it. I knew one player who quit on the complexity of the second guest race, long before mana even came about. I would think there is a tipping point where the complexity drives out more people than what INNO desires to do. Please make the next chapter harder.

LokeTokig

Hi, Mikeledo!

With all due respect, the topic of conversation has nothing to do with perceived complexity of the game, or its effects on player population. It may be a worthwhile discussion, BUT it has nothing to do with the topic of Valentine's Float stats....

DeletedUser19439

Ok,
1. I used the BEST possible alternatives, as they created the worst case scenario for the Float by comparison. If you use anything less than those, it puts the Float in better light. (I actually ran those numbers before looking up the in-chapter best alternative options in elvenarchitect)
2. the 85 quests were done in both my Amuni cities after about 3 1/2 days, which did require preparation, planning, and some “focused and intent effort” but far, far from 4 weeks worth. But, that’s just my experience.
3. sure, the 7 artifacts now (and likely 2 more in the next FA) *could* be replaced with 9 fully evolved FireChickens, Magical workshops, or Genies....but I tried to analyze what exists in the game, not in somebody else’s imagination.
4. Since this (or anything else, for that matter) will not be a comparatively monster producer 2-3 chapters down the road, it should just be dismissed as not being worthwhile. I guess nothing can ever be useful now, and disposed of and replaced If/when it becomes obsolete......

bottom line (as the math dictates anyway), this Float is notably more efficient for the pop/mana/seeds combination than anything else that is currently available, and all 3 of those are “need” items. The extra 1-3 AW-KPs are a nice bonus.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
2. the 85 quests were done in both my Amuni cities after about 3 1/2 days,
the 85 quests by themseles will not come close to getting the avergae person seven level ups. It also takes daily quests and picking up stuff in the forest every day
bottom line (as the math dictates anyway), this Float is notably more efficient for the pop/mana/seeds combination than anything else that is currently available, and all 3 of those are “need” items. The extra 1-3 AW-KPs are a nice bonus.
I italicized the bit you are glossing over.
  • I shouldn't be holding on to my Jester set a year later because it's a better manna producer than anything else that showed up in the last year.
  • I shouldn't be holding on to my Fire Phoenix after year because nothing else comparable has shown up in the last year.
Every new grand prize should tempt me to tear down an old one or buy another expansion. This does neither.

The vast majority of players do not have access to a lot of RR spells. Inno should be constantly giving us a reason to tear down old buildings.

mikeledo

I have over 2 million mana. I don't need a mana producer. I have two cat theaters in storage if I need more. I don't need another pop building. I am trying to cut back. The spire has given me magic residences I don't use. So I am looking strictly at seeds as my need item.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have over 2 million mana. I don't need a mana producer. I have two cat theaters in storage if I need more. I don't need another pop building. I am trying to cut back. The spire has given me magic residences I don't use. So I am looking strictly at seeds as my need item.

I had about 3 million mana stockpiled and then I started using it all up in chapter 15.

DeletedUser19439

Sorry you feel doing the daily quest & making a quick pass around the perimeter whenever you log in requires a “focused and intense effort”
Also, my use of the specific verbiage “currently available” by definition excludes Set pieces from a year ago.
I guess we are using different dictionaries.

I laid out the math for the purpose of specifically illustrating the efficiency (positive aspect) of the current event GP, with which nobody has disagreed. As an engineer (retired) who breathes numbers, it’s sorta what I do. That information is there for all to use (or not use) at their discretion.

Have a nice day.