• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Valentines Event Auto Finish ?

Devman

I was on the last step of the event - 23. Research 1 technology , and the event just completed . Same with FS members who still had several steps left to complete ...

Sooo ... what's up with that ?

DeletedUser4778

Seems to be a bug connected to the end of the Magic Dust tourney. Multiple reports are already coming in. But hey, why are people reporting this? It's so rare that the game gives us something "good". Or maybe they just decided to give it because the buildings aren't very rewarding. Or, yeah, maybe they decided to give us something in exchange for the Wholesaler fiasco. Sorry, love, still not placing those buildings in my city. Waste of space.

DeletedUser3949

But hey, why are people reporting this?
Because they'll realize there's a bug then remove the buildings without warning and anger will occur. I learned that lesson when they took away the extra points the Flurry buildings gave me. At least this way there is a post about it.

Calenmir

Seems to be a bug connected to the end of the Magic Dust tourney. Multiple reports are already coming in. But hey, why are people reporting this? It's so rare that the game gives us something "good". Or maybe they just decided to give it because the buildings aren't very rewarding. Or, yeah, maybe they decided to give us something in exchange for the Wholesaler fiasco. Sorry, love, still not placing those buildings in my city. Waste of space.
Yes, but as with the Snow Flurry building problem, they will figure it out and take it from you. In two of my cities I was finished and earned the buildings. In two other, it Auto Completed although I was still upgrading buildings (quest number 21). I finished all the quests - INCLUDING upgrading the buildings (even though that one was no longer available to 'check off').

I suggest you all keep going and complete the quests - even if they are no longer there to click the check mark as completed. While I would HOPE that they would not take the buildings back, they have proven that they will correct errors, even when it's their error - and since we don't program it is always their error. Given their (short) history with mistakes, they will likely take them back. However my hope is they will be able to see that you DID complete the event even though you could no longer 'check off' the items as you did them (as was the case with my building upgrades). The last two quests stayed on the screen and I did finish them and check them off.

Am I just being too hopeful??? Still, I say complete the quests no matter that you have the buildings.

DeletedUser6330

I got the buildings in one town and not another. In my fellowship, it was hit and miss. if you are going to give to some, give to all. the quests were unfair and depleted supplies through both of my fellowships. As Archmage of both, i was doing what i can to feed my fellowship, but I can not even run all my factories due to tools shortage. Another way the creators seem to be getting geedy

DeletedUser5800

So either people get things they didn't earn slighting the people that did or people get things and get excited and then get them taken away and feel slighted. Either way screwing up the event timeline so some people don't make it that would have or do that wouldn't. Not to mention new people who get them and have no idea how or why and then experience the joy of them disappearing...

What in the world is going on with the programmers/coders? Is this game actually all one big beta training system to get them ready for other games as I've heard suggested or what? It's becoming apparent that something is horribly off and causing a slow implosion. Is anyone actually trying to get it under control or just watching it burn while collecting what few dollars are still falling out of it?

Calenmir

In the cities where I earned the buildings I did get them, so there will be (and was) no slighting of anyone who EARNED it. The only thing that appears to have happened is that some got the buildings UNEARNED or DIDN'T get them UNEARNED.

Clearly this glitch didn't happen in the beta game or I suspect they would have caught it. Glitches happen and we hate them. Especially if we are made to pay for them. But no one was slighted - some just got lucky.

What I do think is that no one should be penalized. Unlike the snow flurry where they felt taking away the ranking points was justified. They do need to start accepting that THEIR mistakes have consequences. Perhaps then they will take better care when testing. The only other option is to roll it back and start again - which would be worse for EVERYONE than just leaving it go.

Just finish the quests. The quest lines are there for everyone to see. Finish them. You would have tried to do so anyway if you wanted the buildings, so that should not be a problem.

I don't like at all that in the two cities where I got them before I finished the event BUT STILL TOOK THE TIME TO FINISH THE QUESTS that they might take them away. That would tick me off. But to think someone was slighted because they didn't get any early gift is wrong while others did is wrong. And not finishing the quests puts you at risk of losing those buildings.

Hopefully some moderator will come online and answer this (as I've seen several but yet no comment from any of them).

DeletedUser5100

I was underwhelmed by the two buildings offered for the Valentine's Quest. Like Draconomicon, they will not be appearing in my city. However, they may be useful for lower ranked cities.

DeletedUser4886

In the cities where I earned the buildings I did get them, so there will be (and was) no slighting of anyone who EARNED it. The only thing that appears to have happened is that some got the buildings UNEARNED or DIDN'T get them UNEARNED.

Clearly this glitch didn't happen in the beta game or I suspect they would have caught it. Glitches happen and we hate them. Especially if we are made to pay for them. But no one was slighted - some just got lucky.

What I do think is that no one should be penalized. Unlike the snow flurry where they felt taking away the ranking points was justified. They do need to start accepting that THEIR mistakes have consequences. Perhaps then they will take better care when testing. The only other option is to roll it back and start again - which would be worse for EVERYONE than just leaving it go.

Just finish the quests. The quest lines are there for everyone to see. Finish them. You would have tried to do so anyway if you wanted the buildings, so that should not be a problem.

I don't like at all that in the two cities where I got them before I finished the event BUT STILL TOOK THE TIME TO FINISH THE QUESTS that they might take them away. That would tick me off. But to think someone was slighted because they didn't get any early gift is wrong while others did is wrong. And not finishing the quests puts you at risk of losing those buildings.

Hopefully some moderator will come online and answer this (as I've seen several but yet no comment from any of them).
i am interested to know the answers as i recieved them early in every city but one. i am still finishing the quests as that is the fun part, but it would be sad to have them taken away.

Gath Of Baal

What I do think is that no one should be penalized. Unlike the snow flurry where they felt taking away the ranking points was justified. They do need to start accepting that THEIR mistakes have consequences
Yes but the snow flurry fiasco effected global rankings, by increasing peoples score who placed event buildings with no resource, gold, supply cost and a 10 second build timer..
While this valentines auto finish fiasco only effects individual cites and has no global impact

They might be two mistakes but they have 2 different consequences on the game...

But yes, the developers need to do better on quality checking their updates before putting them live

DeletedUser5800

there will be (and was) no slighting of anyone who EARNED it
The slight is that some people got it for nothing, and that is definitely a slight to the people that earned it.

Any way they attempt to fix it is stupid is some direction to some group. I would suggest they go ahead and give the pointless prizes to everyone in the game that doesn't have them already and give the people that finished/finish the event something better, admit they made a ridiculous error and get their-selves together because this is just another thing in the months of things which indicates to me they have either no idea what they are doing or don't care. They need to stop doing anything beyond debugging until they can stabilize everything and apparently need a coding class before they try again. ~My opinion

DeletedUser4778

Someone else pointed out in another thread that it won't be fair to take it away only for some people to be unable to finish due to the little time left in which to do so (and they can't finish the quests because the advisers have disappeared and people who don't come to the forums won't know what the remaining quests are). I think it's a good point but I doubt the devs so much that I'm sure they'll figure out a way to take the buildings back.

DeletedUser1903

I would suggest they go ahead and give the pointless prizes to everyone in the game that doesn't have them already and give the people that finished/finish the event something better, admit they made a ridiculous error and get their-selves together because this is just another thing in the months of things which indicates to me they have either no idea what they are doing or don't care. They need to stop doing anything beyond debugging until they can stabilize everything and apparently need a coding class before they try again.
I completely agree...(maybe the FoE coders could give the Elvenar coders some lessons???lol)-as some1 said in an earlier post (don't remember who), how long do they expect people to play with broken toys? o_O
After adding new enemy troops much stronger than troops we produce, making us research new troops that are so weak they are useless, the slaughter of our wholesaler, & making it nearly impossible to acquire more game space to use..because many have 'over-scouted'-even though quests & events say scout, scout, scout...cannot win in map-over-scouted...putting expansions in tech..far & few between...& what- spend $30-$50 cash to buy expansions with diamonds-FORGET IT! :mad:
Fellowships are losing members with each update since they mostly halt our play more & more... many Archmages are getting sick & tired of defending the multitude of bugs we keep getting to try & pacify their players so they too don't leave the game...such a bummer :(

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The slight is that some people got it for nothing, and that is definitely a slight to the people that earned it.

I never understood that thinking.
I worked for mine, I "earned" it. I did the task and got exactly what was promised to me.
What do I care if someone else got it easier?
My neighbor won a TV in a raffle. Paid $2 and got a brand new 60".
Did I go to the store and complain that I got cheated because I had to pay retail for my 55"? No.

Seems like the world would be a better place if people stopped thinking that they were losing something every time someone else got something.