• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

We need more to fellowships(Poll)

• Thread starter DeletedUser9276
  • Start date

Should fellowships receive more to them within the coming months?

• It depends, do they need to cut down on content to do this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser9276

Lets be honest, Fellowships have felt quite underwhelming for quite a bit now.

Sure, we've got some tournaments, and events to complete together as a Fellowship, but there's something missing.

I'm not asking for anything huge, or something that would take up a lot of workers/time.

1. Let us customize ranks, and add what they're allowed to do.
Let's say I want to make a FS based around knights, I could have our lowest rank be named Squire, but I can change their settings into allowing them to invite others to the FS.

I've several other ideas, such as FS perks, different chats, easier way to see member activity, etc.

What do you guys think, if so, what do you think needs to be added?

DeletedUser2824

This is actually the area I personal want to see the most out of. For me, the fellowship feature is what keeps me playing and I've desperately wanted to see more tools and features for them.

Varron often said he'd wished that the titles and powers could be kept separate, and I agree. I'd love to be able to promote my active members and give them nice (custom) titles without giving them the power to affect the aspirants page. I'd rather save certain abilities for certain members.

The chat and messaging features is beyond outdated. The overview page is also limited. I think a fellowship page visible only to members is needed where we can have information relevant to current members instead of trying to cram everything into the overview, which I feel should be saved for rules and an explanation of what kind of fellowship it is (which has limited character space to boot). We NEED some kind of bulletin board feature where we can pin tips and current topics.

It would be nice to be able to customize the fellowship page some more: add a picture to the top of the overview, change the font, things like that. Doesn't even have to be extravagant to make a fellowship overview look a heck of a lot better and more themed.

And yeah, we all know we need more tools to make an Archmage's life more easier. I suck with spreadsheets, so I can't even properly utilize all the fancy sheets people keep sharing with me. I think that the more tools we have in-game, the better off we will be.

DeletedUser6219

I don't see Inno spending any time on developing actual Quality of Life issues. Regardless of that... here are my thoughts:

The chat in this game is horrendous and reminds me of limited IRC chat circa 1994. At a minimum you should be able to click someone's name and send them a private message. Better yet; have it open up a separate chat tab so you can keep track of your messages and send them easier.

The email system is almost as bad as the chat. Formatting in email is non-existent. Then there is my favorite thing wherein if you delete an email and someone replies to it... you don't actually see the email any more, but you get notified that someone replied to an email you deleted.... Because THAT makes sense.

There is no Block feature; or if there is I can't find it. I have thick skin and don't feel the need to report people because they are ignorant or just plain stupid, but I would love to be able to block them from messaging me or emailing me.

The trade system is lame. Why can't I put up 200 marble for 200 steel and then have a +/- next to that stating I want to do 20 bids of that quantity. No instead I have to click click click click click click click click (I'm not typing 20 clicks, but you get the point). How is this a fellowship issue? Because in a fellowship you have players of all levels. I would be more prone to posting 10 small, medium, and large trades if I could simply click on a quantity of trades I wanted at a certain amount.

Speaking of trades - this needs to be upped. 60 trades... ugh.

Here's an idea I have to help fellowships and players; especially when it comes to trading:
Coalitions. Fellowships can align with a certain number (4 maybe) of other Fellowships. What does belonging to a coalition offer? It allows players to bypass the trading fee of any coalition member regardless of whether the players are neighbors AND it allows the players to visit one another.

DeletedUser9276

I think I'd prefer the idea of being able to post a large trades, but for others to be able to take a percentage of that trade if they can't take the whole thing.

This makes me think, what if we could post lets say, 1000 marble. And we ask for steel and planks, however not a 1000.

Instead, the player taking up the deal, can offer 100 planks for marble, taking 100 out of the traders stock, while having 900 still up.

This would stop a lot of FS trade flood, and make things more clean.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
This makes me think, what if we could post lets say, 1000 marble. And we ask for steel and planks, however not a 1000.

Instead, the player taking up the deal, can offer 100 planks for marble, taking 100 out of the traders stock, while having 900 still up.

This would stop a lot of FS trade flood, and make things more clean.

then you couldn't post three star trades, or zero star trades to help someone

DeletedUser9276

then you couldn't post three star trades, or zero star trades to help someone

It wouldn't be the only option, but it's better than post 60 2 star trades just so trade offers are up there, it's an awful mess when you have 25 members who are usually at the max trades.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
trader.png

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts, add a filter to eliminate anything with the trader fee added and switch the star filter to a drop down and then it would be awesome.
Since every trade that has a trader fee is going to be a 1 star trade (or less) you could just uncheck the 1 star box if you don't want to see them.
I wanted to add a cross-tier filter, but I'm not sure what symbol would work for that... some sort of arrow up/down thingy

DeletedUser7370

Since every trade that has a trader fee is going to be a 1 star trade (or less) you could just uncheck the 1 star box if you don't want to see them.
I wanted to add a cross-tier filter, but I'm not sure what symbol would work for that... some sort of arrow up/down thingy
Completely wrong. I have had nearby people post some cross-tier trades that still came out to 3 stars with full trader fee. 4x4=16, 1x5x1.5=7.5. People that choose to to follow the realistic cross-tier values will still be at 3 stars because of Inno's stupidity.

SoggyShorts

Completely wrong. I have had nearby people post some cross-tier trades that still came out to 3 stars with full trader fee. 4x4=16, 1x5x1.5=7.5. People that choose to to follow the realistic cross-tier values will still be at 3 stars because of Inno's stupidity.
Hence the cross tier filter needed.....then, as I said, all trades with trader fee will show as 1 or zero stars, because it won't show cross tier.
It should be simple to only display true same-tier 2 star trades with the filters I'm suggesting.

DeletedUser5157

Yes. Absolutely. For one thing, Fellowships should have some diamond equipment that benefits people in the Fellowship in some way. Why can we not pay money to improve our Fellowships? This seems like SERIOUS oversight on the part of Inno. Purchased Fellowship items could appear in the 'non-active' part of the city, in the background maybe, and they'd add some benefit for everyone in that Fellowship. Why can't we buy "add more players" to a Fellowship, or something like that.

The chat is archaic and makes me disinclined to participate. Why is there no copy/paste? No click on name to get to a PM. No "post 10 of this trade". How about setting up trade macros, so that I can set up a list of trades and automatically post that every time I go to post. Adding endgame content might keep old players still playing, but improving the interface and underlying game functions like Fellowships will get NEW players. Sometimes I wonder why I play a game that's SO painful to play at times. Click. Click. Click. Et on, forever.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Yes. Absolutely. For one thing, Fellowships should have some diamond equipment that benefits people in the Fellowship in some way. Why can we not pay money to improve our Fellowships? This seems like SERIOUS oversight on the part of Inno. Purchased Fellowship items could appear in the 'non-active' part of the city, in the background maybe, and they'd add some benefit for everyone in that Fellowship. Why can't we buy "add more players" to a Fellowship, or something like that.

What happens when someone invests 500 diamonds in an fs then gets kicked out?

DeletedUser7421

1. More space, or another page, to post ongoing relevant information for the fellowship.
2. Ability to message all mages, or other member categories, without having to send to the whole fellowship
3. Updated messaging with copy/paste, maybe colored font to highlight things - like the forum has! :)
4. Yes, ability to accept partial trades would be nice - it's a hassle to post small and large trades in a level varied fellowship.
5. Yes, customizable titles would be awesome!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I assume that these Fellowship items would be attached to the person and not the Fellowship.

The one bonus you actually mentioned was "add more players"

So, you pay diamonds to get 3 extra players in your fs
You get booted
The fs loses 4 players?

DeletedUser828

The game does the ability to assign rank...Mage, Ambassador, and Fellows. Mages may invite and remove members, while Ambassadors may invite them and allow them in.

You can block people...but you must report the email. Once reported they automatically blocked from contacting you. Don't worry I'm sure these folks don't get in big trouble when you report them.

So who in the fellowship is going to pay these diamonds to enhance your fellowship? Not everyone wants to pay to play and are the payers going to feel more entitled than the non-payers and will you eventually kick your non-payers out?? This is a bad idea. 25 in your fellowships are more than enough if everyone is active. If you have inactive folks then you need to replace them. Not buy more with Diamonds. The game is growing more costly as it is. Buying expansions are now out of the question, considering for most of us higher ranking players 5x5 expansion costs us 80 to 100 dollars...not quite worth it. Why even suggest adding more add-ons to the game that cost money?

Some of you have some pretty complicated ideas, taking things that are pretty simplistic and making it more difficult. Inno does that enough.

A world map chat would be nice.