• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is wrong with Elvenar, why do people quit in chapter 1?

• Thread starter DeletedUser7370
  • Start date

DeletedUser7421

I've talked to several people on here that have said they would prefer a reasonable monthly membership fee to access premium options - at least they can budget for that.

Edit - The reality remains, this game will lose paying customers under it's current system - and it won't be able to attract and keep enough free customers to help provide an active environment to help keep people that are paying or maybe will pay someday.

SunsetDanar

I inadvertently created a city some months back and didn't notice it for a period of time. Apparently I brushed the "start in another world" button at some point and it went unnoticed. Once realized, I opened a support ticket thinking I could get it removed. "It'll go away after 30 days of inactivity" was the paraphrased response so, having an active diamond account I replied that it likely wouldn't. I was told not to worry about it. "Well'" says I. "I don't want this world to appear on my registry so can you delete that?". I just got a nope, sorry answer on that one. Who can do that for me I asked. "Don't have an answer but I'll find out and let you know" When they did let me know it was that they didn't know. My speculative assumption is that there are so many automated systems in place that support folks either cannot or are not authorized to circumvent them. Just like players in my neighborhood whose city banners say something like "no longer playing". Why are they still around after months and months? Yeah, I know...Diamond accounts. I probably know the answer to this but why can't a diamond account city be deactivated?

It seems like an easy thing to just ask a first timer if he wants to return to play upon first logout. "Save city? Yes/No"...Done.

DeletedUser3979

I've got a fantastic deal as of right now for gems, but between the feeling of I don't want to support this companies behavior, and the fact I did try earlier(i'm guilty, yea.) but I got an error, that I got several months ago for purchasing.

Small thing, but I'm not going to go through support, wait a few days, so you can fix an issue so I can pay you.

DeletedUser7421

There are basically three ways a game company can get money from players.
1) Charge for everything up front (looks expensive, but is cheap if you stick it out long enough and just keeps getting cheaper (console dics))
2) Charge a monthly subscription (relatively cheap up front, but over time adds up to a lot if you keep playing
3) Micro-transactions (free up front, but the longer you play the more likely you are to give them more money than with either of the others)

Elvenar is a micro-transaction game. They are always going to be looking for ways to get money out of players. We have fixed options 1) play and pay, for the best experience, 2) play and don't pay, for a medium (and sometimes frustrating) experience, 3) Don't play.

--> And I see no reason why these options can't be combined for a better player experience. Package a couple levels of premium monthly services that include 4 builders, 5 builders, reduced upgrade and scouting times, some 'diamonds' in that package for premium players to use to finish research or upgrades, and keep the option for micro transactions for diamonds to be purchased over and above a premium membership for things like finishing more research or upgrades faster, extra land expansions etc.

THEN - give people enough land to build to their hearts content - with longer building times to encourage the purchase of a fair premium membership to add builders and reduce those building times.

This game is advertised as a city building game - and the number 1 complaint I hear from everyone that I talk to, people playing free and people who've bought diamonds - is there isn't enough land to build on.

DeletedUser7421

Elvenar is a micro-transaction game. They are always going to be looking for ways to get money out of players. We have fixed options 1) play and pay, for the best experience, 2) play and don't pay, for a medium (and sometimes frustrating) experience, 3) Don't play.

And here is the answer to this thread: #2 and #3.

**Edit** to keep a game like this viable with enough active people to keep paying players in an active environment there needs to be some serious revisions to help reduce #2 and #3.

**Edit again** I brought a faithfully paying person to this game - and the '***damned money pit, as he put it, drove him away and lost inno his $10 - $20 per month for the next 5 years. He's back happily paying that to travian games again instead.

And, since I haven't ranted for a while. I am 100% supportive of a game making money - in a fair way that promotes the health of the game environment and the happiness of people playing.

There are ways that inno could make a lot of money - money that people felt HAPPY to pay them. Instead inno has chosen to frustrate people to the ends of the earth and back, to get them to the point of either feeling like they have to spend money or quit - and the problem is... those that do maybe cave to that spend some money and then see the cost goes up and up and up and up, and then end up quitting because no one is happy being sucked into a, and I'll quote my friend again: "a ***damned money pit"

One last rant: This game has a large number of people on disability and medical leave - those people are on fixed budgets and maybe could afford a set amount a month for a premium membership. Instead they realize that they'll never be able to afford the constantly increasing cost of expansions and builders - so they don't eve bother spending a dime to start with. Smart people. :)

Edit
These people who could maybe afford a reasonably priced monthly membership for some premium services are the very ones that are in no position to endure further frustration or stress in their lives. **That is one of the reason I will NEVER support the current money making scheme inno uses.

And lastly, Why not offer some premium land expansions in a premium monthly package for AW's and event culture - these expansions and the AW's and event buildings sitting on them go back into storage if the premium membership runs out - and are available to be placed again once the REASONABLE premium monthly membership fee is paid again. People would be happier to pay that fee knowing their land and AW's and event buildings could be placed again - and if they hit a down month their buildings and land go into storage but then they could again HAPPILY pay the premium monthly fee to get them out and place them again.

Make people happy to spend money is success - inno is failing miserably at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3979

One last rant: This game has a large number of people on disability and medical leave - those people are on fixed budgets and maybe could afford a set amount a month for a premium membership. Instead they realize that they'll never be able to afford the constantly increasing cost of expansions and builders - so they don't eve bother spending a dime to start with. Smart people. :)

Edit
These people who could maybe afford a reasonably priced monthly membership for some premium services are the very ones that are in no position to endure further frustration or stress in their lives. **That is one of the reason I will NEVER support the current money making scheme inno uses.

And lastly, Why not offer some premium land expansions in a premium monthly package for AW's and event culture - these expansions and the AW's and event buildings sitting on them go back into storage if the premium membership runs out - and are available to be placed again once the REASONABLE premium monthly membership fee is paid again. People would be happier to pay that fee knowing their land and AW's and event buildings could be placed again - and if they hit a down month their buildings and land go into storage but then they could again HAPPILY pay the premium monthly fee to get them out and place them again.

Make people happy to spend money is success - inno is failing miserably at that.

I feel ya, and agree.

I want to play this game a lot, however as of right now, I'm currently looking at other games(I've had no luck) because I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

DeletedUser7421

Oh and one more thing. I even spent money on travian games - and bought a premium gold membership - and I was happy to do so.

In contrast - inno games will never squeeze a penny out of me - and eventually the frustration will become so intense that I'll just find a new game to play that is actually fun.

*If inno had a reasonably priced premium membership here for me to add a 4th builder, some land expansions for AW's and event buildings, some decreased building times, a few diamonds to finish research or builds - I'd cough up the monthly fee in a second. After all I pay 9.99 for Netflix every month and only watch it when the rain knocks dish tv out.

I want to play this game a lot, however as of right now, I'm currently looking at other games(I've had no luck) because I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Check out some of the Travian games - less frustration to play free and not too expensive to pay to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

SunsetDanar

Oh and one more thing. I even spent money on travian games - and bought a premium gold membership - and I was happy to do so.

*If inno had a reasonably priced premium membership here for me to add a 4th builder, some land expansions for AW's and event buildings, some decreased building times, a few diamonds to finish research or builds - I'd cough up the monthly fee in a second. After all I pay 9.99 for Netflix every month and only watch it when the rain knocks dish tv out.

Memberships? Yeah, I guess I'd be in for that. Platinum/lifetime with prime incentives. Gold...Same as platinum but annual renewal. Silver...Also annual but with good stuff that's better than playing naked...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7421

Memberships? Yeah, I guess I'd be in for that. Platinum/lifetime with prime incentives...Gold...Same as platinum but annual renewal...Silver...Annual with good stuff that's better than playing naked...

Im all for an annual membership, but also see the need for monthly memberships for people who may work 1 month on and 1 month off, or who may spend time in hospital, or for whatever reason.

The more options inno can give people to pay a reasonable amount for access to premium features that make people happy and relieve the stress and frustration - the more people that will stick around and spend a reasonable amount of money to keep playing. We all win with a more active environment, happier game play and inno makes some money to keep updating this game.

DeletedUser7421

While dealing with the extreme amount of start up dead cities this game collects is one thing - look around at the huge number of larger cities that are left abandoned.

The recent movement to withhold diamond purchases from people that are UNHAPPY with the recent changes to an AW should speak loud and clear: Happy people are happy to spend money to stay happy. Frustrated people don't pay a dime and leave behind cities in all levels.

SunsetDanar

Edit

Yeah, I fall into this category as well. Fixed income. Retired Army, disabled vet status, social security, home owner with related upkeep costs and all the rest. Add all of that up and where does Inno place me and others like me? A very small minority, likely less than 1% and of extremely small concern. I've seen in print that, world wide there are more than a million Elvenar players. What percentage of those players are actually active, the main point of this thread, remains a point of conjecture. Similarly, there are only a few hundred members of this forum. Most are not active contributors. Those that are may be in the lower percentile of the membership. They comprise the majority of the expertise and knowledge of the game and many are beta members as well. This segment, small though it may be, should be the voice of Elvenar but remains unheard to the devs.

Devs. Nasty acronym for developers. Usually a team of experts comprised of various departments such as concepts, programming, graphics and a whole lot more with probably a project manager for each one. Then there's admin with finance, supply and so on...Right? I mean that's what you'd expect. The truth is that the entire staff of Inno Games numbers right around a dozen or so...give or take a couple so what we get as a result of their weekly staff meetings is not the voice of a team but likely the opinions of one or two people as input. Hmmm.

The real world experts of Elvenar are right in front of them, testing on beta (mostly for bugs apparently rather than for real world performance and acceptance nor heeding their input) and playing the game in a real environment.

Yeah, I know...I'm ranting as well...

Last edited:

WolfSinger

I suspect (in addition to some of the comments above regarding - bonus premium coins for other games if you join Elvenar, duplicate accounts, etc) that even though the game is advertised as a city building - there is a percentage that are still looking for PvP combat and when they see that will not be part of the game - they leave.

The Unbeliever

I currently have a 'dead' city on Ceravyn,
Why? I wanted to try for a 2nd human city with different boosted relics, because right now my 2 'main' cities both have the exact same boosts. (marble/silk/gems)

Sadly, I got assigned plank (which is the fugliest human building imho), ******** SILK! and *sigh* yet more gems...
So sadly, I'm not touching that city with a million foot pole because it gave me literally a perfect 3/3 boosts I didn't want! (would've killed for steel & crystal, as those are my fav 2 human buildings :( )

I'd love an option to nuke that city & try again.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In theory, if you spend your diamonds down to near zero and don't buy any more, that city might be flagged for removal after a month. Maybe.....

The Unbeliever

In theory, if you spend your diamonds down to near zero and don't buy any more, that city might be flagged for removal after a month. Maybe.....
I know, but we save up our diamonds for odd buys here & there, such as a 4th builder, and for me, I'm looking at getting a Battle Arena premi building for my human city. (because it looks suppa-epic!;) )

I'd much rather Inno find a way to give us the ability to just nuke a chosen city by filing a special ticket with support.

DeletedUser10990

As a Forge of Empires player, I have often thought this Team could learn a lot from its pacing, particularly early on. The coulpe of FoE players I have talked into to checking out Elvenar have both commented how "slow" this game is by comparison. I know it nearly lost me in the first hour, which is when most players decide they are going to stick with something or not.

DeletedUser2870

I've still got several dead cities on several worlds. This is because I stopped playing on those worlds, but since my main account still holds diamonds and/or the right chapter has been reached they will never be deleted, since one can't delete a city on one world only.