• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What is your city name and why?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
"AJ's City" Because I'm so creative with names? But really, "AJQTRZ's City is hard to pronounce, let alone spell.

AJ

PS. And don't you hate that you can't "like" something here? So many interesting names and explanations.

aj

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
1680640190463.png Self explanatory ;)

Deleted User - 849777001

IslaNeva...Arendyll
EiLeNiche...Elcysindar

It really is "ELF explanatory" :)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lelanya's Tower
I have explained the origin of Lelanya in the past, now where is that post
Smile
For the first year and a half, I would buy the :diamond:culture
Golden Torch Tower in Elven cities and Mage Tower in Human cities

In between chapters I write:
Lelanya's and then park the Tower next to this.

Siorse

At the moment it's Manetheren because I just finished reading Jordan's WoT series for the second time and I like the sound of it.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
At the moment it's Manetheren because I just finished reading Jordan's WoT series for the second time and I like the sound of it.
If only Sanderson hadn't dropped the ball at the end.
Shouldn't the Travelling People find their song?
What happened to Rand?
Why did Egwene have to die?
What happened to Lan's brother, exactly?

There's more, I could go on.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My city is named "Anything, Thanks!" Pretty self explanatory.

It used to be Benaith Isle, which is a spelling variant of the Irish word for "blessed."

Count Rupert

Duchy of Grand Fenwick

One of my fondest memories is watching one of my mother's favorite movies with her; "The Mouse That Roared". The fictional country the movie is centered around is The Duchy of Grand Fenwick. My game name is also from the movie. Peter Sellers played 3 of the main characters in the movie. Count Rupert Mountjoy was one of the roles.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Duchy of Grand Fenwick

One of my fondest memories is watching one of my mother's favorite movies with her; "The Mouse That Roared". The fictional country the movie is centered around is The Duchy of Grand Fenwick. My game name is also from the movie. Peter Sellers played 3 of the main characters in the movie. Count Rupert Mountjoy was one of the roles.
I watched that movie with all of my kids when they were young. (There was a huge gap between my two oldest and my two youngest, so I got to watch it with two sets of kids.) All four were laughing so hard they wanted to see it again. It's a classic!

Count Rupert

I watched that movie with all of my kids when they were young. (There was a huge gap between my two oldest and my two youngest, so I got to watch it with two sets of kids.) All four were laughing so hard they wanted to see it again. It's a classic!
Indeed it is a classic. Whenever I watch it's like my mom is watching it with me. Been meaning to read the book. I need to make that happen.

Smooper

My city name is "Out of Nothing". It started with a little hall in the middle of a field...