• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What to do about multiple unfair trade spams?

DeletedUser482

Hi InnoGames people.

I was wondering if something could be done about players who make multiple unfair trades of exactly the same trade, taking up 2 3 or even more pages. It's often the same players who do this over and over again. I guess they do it so that someone who is desperate for a certain kind of goods might take up their trade offer. The trouble is, it's unfair because better trades get pushed to the bottom of the pile. I know you can filter on your fellowship or a certain type of goods. But here is an idea that might work well:

Each player has a drop-down menu when you click their name. One option is "Message" and the other is "Visit". How about having one that says "Report Spam"? If it's a 2 or 3 star trade, then there is no need to use it, or perhaps that option would be greyed out. But it could be sensitive to 1 or 0 star trades.

Or instead of a Report Spam option, perhaps an automatic limit on 1 or 0 star trades could be set, so that players can only take up 1 page or half a page. Because it does get a bit tedious seeing the same people offer the same low-value trades so many times.

Thanks, kind regards, Arquintha.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Are they all 1 star trades because you are too far away, so your trading penalty makes them LOOK like unfair trades?
Look for a "!" next to the trade, if it's there, you are seeing a 50% price increase that isn't the posters fault.

DeletedUser482

Are they all 1 star trades because you are too far away, so your trading penalty makes them LOOK like unfair trades?
Look for a "!" next to the trade, if it's there, you are seeing a 50% price increase that isn't the posters fault.
No, in fact one of them at least is on my World Map, not very far away from my city. And one recently arrived on my map, but she still makes a lot of requests for huge amounts of goods while offering very little in return.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Im finding more players doing cross-tier trades, think it is because more higher levels cant fight and need so many tier 1 goods to negoitiate. But hate seeing 5 pages of cross-tier trades. Tried to even message some of them to ask if they want to do tier 3 for tier 1 to at least give a three star deal ( because it takes way more time to make the goods for tier 1 compared to tier 3), but no luck the trades just sit there as not many will take them.
As to unfair trades if I see a player that always does them, I message them and tell them there trades are unfair and that I would take there trades if they were 2 stars, but less than that they will probably not be took.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Sometimes people post 0-1 star trades as they have a prearranged agreement to obtain assistance. If you post a generous 3 star trade to help someone you have no guarantee the intended person will get it, especially if you play at different times. An enterprising neighbour is just as likely to take your generous trade, whereas if the recipient posts the trade very few to no one will take the offer allowing you to log in and provide the help that was offered to the intended person.

Granted help is usually inside the fellowship so the fastest way to solve this is for an option to make fellowship exclusive offers. Then a filter to ignore certain star trades as an extra feature and if they really want to be nice a filter by person too :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2870

I have a problem with people who state that a trade is 'unfair'. The game specifically allows people to trade in a ratio from 1:4 to 4:1. No need to go report people for doing so, good grief. What's next?
Because if you start reporting 1 star trades you automatically should report 3 star trades as well since they're not fair either.

Sometimes it's to help someone within their own FS gain a certain amount of goods.
But sometimes -as I have seen in 2 worlds- a certain good is just extremely scarce since most of the towns producing it belong to inactive players. If something is scarce, the price goes up. Basic economics and it works in a game as well.

The simple fact that someone doesn't like seeing that really is no reason to go reporting them. You do not have to take any of these offers. But saying that people shouldn't be allowed to place them because someone might not want to see them is really outrageous.
And everybody is allowed to place 60 trades. So there is no reason to go on bitching about what kind of trades one posts. It just is no business of anyone to bitch about other peoples trades.
If you have a problem, you can send them a message asking why they post these trades, but really, it just is none of your business.

Actually the best solution to this would be a more often placed suggestion: make it possible to sort offers by the number of stars when looking at the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shellizzie

Some people are new to the game and do not know what is considered a fair trade. I had a person recently posting unfair trades and I messaged him about it. He was new and had no idea what he was doing. But he appreciated the advice and now only posts fair trades.

DeletedUser2870

Some people are new to the game and do not know what is considered a fair trade. I had a person recently posting unfair trades and I messaged him about it. He was new and had no idea what he was doing. But he appreciated the advice and now only posts fair trades.

Sorry, but a trade is fair when both parties agree to it.
Nobody is forced in this game to take a trade they don't like.

If it so happens you can only get one kind of goods for a rate that's worse than 1:1 it probably is because there aren't so many active players in that neighbourghood producing it. SO WHAT?
Telling people they are only allowed to place 2 or 3 star trades is a lot of hypocritical crap, since
A - you're effectively telling someone how to run their game
B - that it is ok for them to trade at a loss, but not ok to trade and make a bit of a profit, or
C - YOU are allowed to trade at a profit by taking 3 star trades, but nobody else is.
No matter how you look at it, that's just plain wrong.

On Elcysandir elixer seems to be at a premium in my neighbourhood. So I offen buy it at 110-125%. I happen to be a very active trader and try to get it for FS members who are short and some neighbours who can't get it either.
And then someone would have the gall to tell me that I cannot sell it on for that same amount again? Personally, if someone were to tell me that I'd tell them to go suck on it.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE OFFER, DO NOT TAKE THE TRADE. Look on and trade with another, but please stop bitching about what trades someone posts as it just is none of your business.

DeletedUser482

Dhurrin, my main point was about multiple 1-star trades, not just the fact they were "unfair", but when a player posts up to 4 whole pages (in the trader) of the same 1-star or 0-star trade, which is like spamming. You are taking an aggressive tone over nothing, it's just a game after all. Your reply shows a misplaced aggression and nerdyness beyond sanity, and using terms like "go suck on it" seems a bit over the top. But in this instance, I will just assume you are a troll and say no more about it. Have a nice evening and try to calm down.

Kind regards, Arquintha.

DeletedUser2870

@Arquintha
So what? Every player is allowed to place 60 trades. That can be 60 3-star trades or 60 1-star trades and anything in between.
It's up to every player to decide what trades he/she places, just as it is up to every player whether or not to accept such a trade.
If someone decides to place 60 the same offers that's his good right.

If I sound irritated that is because I AM irritated by people who seem to have the nerve to define how someone else is supposed to play the game, and start complaining even if said player is doing what is allowed within the game rules but not to their liking.

Furthermore I said : IF someone would start telling me what to do with my trades that would be my answer. The fact that you apparently feel I said so to you seems a pretty obvious indication that you feel you should be allowed to have me play in the way you would have me.
And yes, I very much take exception to people doing that.
It is nobody's but NOBODY's business what kind of trade any other player posts or accepts. End of story.

Apart from that I'll politely point out the old adagio about ass u me. That being said, enjoy your game and your evening.

DeletedUser5117

I've seen quite a few of these trades as well. My thought when I saw them was... maybe its a way for that person to stock pile their inventory? If they are producing quite a bit of goods but can only hold so much, perhaps that's their way of freeing up space. And since it is an "unfair trade" they are taking the risk that it will be there when they need it. Such as helping a fellow player when they get online... or negotiation costs.

Just a thought...

Nevermind... I just realized there is no limit to goods... still learning lol :D

Calenmir

Wow. While I personally don't see the need for the particular suggestion being offered this is the IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS area. These ideas and suggestions are clearly directed at Inno and while we are all free to post anywhere in this forum to any note, it's not at all necessary to blow people out of the water over their idea. It is what this thread is all about.

None of us would like it if someone responded to us this way (and it has happened), so try to remember how that moment felt.

DeletedUser2870

Wow. While I personally don't see the need for the particular suggestion being offered this is the IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS area. These ideas and suggestions are clearly directed at Inno and while we are all free to post anywhere in this forum to any note, it's not at all necessary to blow people out of the water over their idea. It is what this thread is all about.

None of us would like it if someone responded to us this way (and it has happened), so try to remember how that moment felt.

I'd suggest that you take a look at my original answer which was much milder.

But I really do have a problem with people telling other people that they aren't allowed to do something which very clearly is allowed in the gamerules, for no other reason than because that someone doesn't like it.

Simple thing is that there ARE no unfair trades, since they can only be placed within the rates set down by the game itself. It also is up to anyone whether or not to post trades and how many, as well as anyone is free to decide whether or not to accept a trade.
If you decide that you need something right now and are willing to pay more than a 1:1 ratio, that doesn't mean the trade is unfair, it means that you decided that right now you are willing to take that trade, same as when you post a 3-star trade, because then you are willing to take a loss to get something else. Nothing unfair about it.

Then when my answer gets a bit more agressive that is because someone apparently feels that he/she will decide for other players how they may or may not trade and how many offers they may post. It is just beyond ridiculous to even think one should be allowed to do so or that any player has the right to call another player on that.
If someone wants to post 60 trades of 1 star, that is his or her right and is allowed within the game. It may be annoying to some others, but it is still allowed.

Calenmir

I'm not disagreeing with you about the idea, but it's also someone right (in this forum) to post an idea. You disagreed with the idea - fine, but as soon as you presumed someone was disagreeing with you...

SoggyShorts

@Arquintha @Dhurrin

Since this is the ideas forum, allow me to suggest something that I think may satisfy you both.
As I understand it Arquintha's biggest complaint was about having multiple pages of posts that are "unfair" and clicking past them is annoying.
However Dhurrin seems to feel that a players choices shouldn't be limited.
The fix might be in allowing partial trades. (thanks @Katwijk for the base idea on Beta)

Instead of posting 2,000 steel for 2,000 planks 10 times you just post 20,000 for 20,000 once.
Then allow players to click one of 4 buttons to buy what they want.
1/10
1/4
1/2
All

This way no one would need to post 60 trades, ever.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3640

Instead of posting 2,000 steel for 2,000 planks 10 times you just post 20,000 for 20,000 once.
Then allow players to click one of 4 buttons to buy what they want.
1/10
1/4
1/2
All

This way no one would need to post 60 trades, ever.

This!!! That would be perfect. I'd go even further and instead of set amount allow to take unlimited amount, i.e. like 528 from 20000, or 1781, whichever amount they need/want. Of course, game would do all the calculations needed based on the ratio provided by the trader.

DeletedUser2870

@SoggyShorts
Though it is possible to post one mass trade instead of 10 smaller ones, the chance of someone taking that mass trade is really, REALLY small, especially in certain spots on the map.
But your idea has merit. Still, there's not really that much wrong with the system as it is.

I'd still suggest to adapt the trader by adding the option to sort the trades by the number of stars. Also problem solved.

SoggyShorts

Though it is possible to post one mass trade instead of 10 smaller ones, the chance of someone taking that mass trade is really, REALLY small, especially in certain spots on the map.
I don't think you read my whole post.
If you post a mass trade of 20,000, someone can click the "1/10" to just buy 2,000, leaving you with a trade of 18,000 still sitting there in the trader
This would be awesome for fellowships with some small players, or small neighbors.

This!!! That would be perfect. I'd go even further and instead of set amount allow to take unlimited amount, i.e. like 528 from 20000, or 1781, whichever amount they need/want. Of course, game would do all the calculations needed based on the ratio provided by the trader.
I thought about this, but I didn't love the implementation-- would you use a slider to select the amount, or a text box where you have to enter the amount, or..? I like the idea of exact trades, especially when you start out as a newbie, but I wouldn't want to make the trader too awkward.

Last edited:

Calenmir

Why couldn't both ideas be combined? Having the option to see only 2&3 star along with the choices of how much you want to take?

It seems like both would be needed, because if you haven't reached someone yet, then it won't matter if they put up one trade of 100 for 100 or 20000 for 20000 - it will still show up as a one star trade for you because the Trader adds fees. So the button to eliminate seeing them seems to be the necessity.