• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's your efficiency?

DeletedUser

Efficiency = (# of tiles that need a road connection and are connected)/(# of road tiles)

260/44= 5.91

DeletedUser64

you really think that i can calc that with 625 squares?

DeletedUser

you really think that i can calc that with 625 squares?

(1) 20-tile building = 20
(1) 12-tile building = 12
(23) 9-tile buildings = 207
(21) 6-tile buildings = 126
(2) 4-tile buildings = 8
(3) 2-tile buildings = 6

Total = 379

Road tiles = 73

379/73 = 5.19

DeletedUser64

well, im pretty fine with my arrangement right now, its not perfect, as i got best culture/square from 1x1 and 1x2 and i got houses to upgrade
after that i make a better placement with cyclons and new manufactories

DeletedUser

Honestly, getting this number as high as possible is one of the most entertaining aspects of this game for me.

DeletedUser

I know it certainly pointed out some problem areas. It also provides a tool for future analysis

DeletedUser

the issue for me is I've got wasted space because I'm leaving room for anticipated future upgrades

DeletedUser

518/76=6.81

By my count, you have 78 road tiles:

10r4gg6.png

And the following number of buildings that need a road connection:
(1) 20 tile building
(1) 12 tile building
(16) 9 tile buildings
(26) 6 tile buildings

Total: 332

332/78=4.26

If we upgrade those houses for you...

(1) 20 tile building
(1) 12 tile building
(26) 9 tile buildings
(16) 6 tile buildings

Total: 362

362/78=4.64

DeletedUser137

I didnt fully read the original post. I counted culture buildings too. Also castle does need a road thats 36 more there. Miscounted a couple roads i guess. But thanks! Also 2 new 6 tile buildings, so 4.79 after building upgrades(without castle) 5.23 with

DeletedUser64

castle doesnt need to be connected with itself
btw you can see the problem there, you got street all around castle
place the castle to the corner
or place it near a side, put 1 street and 2 buildings near it, or place dead in center and strets go out from it

DeletedUser137

i moved things around a bit and got rid of some unneeded roads(set them aside for now) so im down to 72.
344/72=4.77 5.19 once houses are finished

DeletedUser

i moved things around a bit and got rid of some unneeded roads(set them aside for now) so im down to 72.
344/72=4.77 5.19 once houses are finished

That's a good improvement. I think you definitely want to be above 5. If you're OCD you can try for 6 (which is max until we get to buildings with a dimension of 4). I'm almost OCD. :p

DeletedUser137

im considering getting rid of culture buildings entirely.Takes up a LOT of space and that space might be better used on production. Cant go below 100% anyway.

DeletedUser

Checked out your town again, and it does look a lot better. Remember though that your builder's hut doesn't need a road connection!