• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What's your efficiency?

DeletedUser

You can't delete all of your cultural buildings. If you do, you won't be able to upgrade anything. (all upgrades require culture)

DeletedUser64

i bdont understand what you call x tiled building and why is that important

DeletedUser

i bdont understand what you call x tiled building and why is that important
I'm assuming you're talking about this:

(1) 20 tile building
(1) 12 tile building
etc.

This is just an easy way to count area. Instead of counting one tile at a time, count buildings that have the same size. 1 barracks (5x4) = 20 tiles, 1 trader (3x4) = 12 tiles, etc. Make sense?

DeletedUser64

1x20
3x12
3x9
3x9
20x9
14x6
2x4
3x2
3x4 (temporary residences)
52 buildings on average 7.65 tile size
398/67= 5.94
160 for culture (2x59 + 16 +24)
67 street
45 for palace and builder
5 free
675 total
road 10%
culture 23%
workshop 13%
residence 27%
manufactory 9,5%
basic buildings 8,5%
military 7%

DeletedUser64

That's a good improvement. I think you definitely want to be above 5. If you're OCD you can try for 6 (which is max until we get to buildings with a dimension of 4). I'm almost OCD. :p

dunno about the palace placement
i read about it, i tried
some say that its best on corner, so 2 sides are covered
some say is more efficient dead in center
there is also the expansion direction, width and height
L or + sign best, or maybe []

OCD is a really stupid annoying disorder
i just like numbers, i hate order, if it wouldnt be for space management, i would just throw my buildings around
also the culture will need 20-35% of city
i could increase my number just by placing marble or wood to the end of the road +8
and 3 more workshops +6, deleting some culture and placeing 2-3 more buildings, or placing 5 more streets and 6 buildings
and my room is still a mess =))

DeletedUser

some say that its best on corner, so 2 sides are covered
some say is more efficient dead in center

I think the corner is best. You want to minimize the number of turns in your road network. Assuming you could build on all the land, I believe placing the Main Hall in a corner would be best. Then run a long, straight road down one side of your land with roads tee-ing off in the other direction spaced as far apart as possible (at least six tiles in between). This is like what I'm doing now, but on a bigger scale.

DeletedUser

306/51 = 6

getting closer to my vision

Last edited by a moderator: