• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Whats your view on human nature

what kind of person do you think you are?(pick the two you more closely relate to)

• Selfish

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • helpful

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • kind

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • smart

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • loving

• couragous

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • calculating

• cold

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • whimsical

• funny

• Total voters

DeletedUser19483

Ok people gather around. Get comfy. And let's talk about our views on human, or any, nature. Yup that's right philosophy(gentle smile that hides my inner turmoil)

EDIT: soooo....Thanks to our helpful Trickster god Loki I was reminded to say, If your view is darker please stay according to forum rules. Cuz you know I don't want to know the nature of the pain mods put users who fail to follow the rules through.
(I like to make the mods scary in my head)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vergazi

Intelligent self-awareness is just a highly evolved form of insanity. Some people argue that classically insane individuals often score higher on various forms of IQ tests. If that is indeed true, then it may support the notion that intelligence and insanity are one and the same.

DeletedUser20396

I am not a philosopher, but I think that humans as a group are made to be loved, a and to love one another.

DeletedUser

Human nature is a bit wide a subject, but i suppose i think human nature in short, is to by any means necessary protect itself and its family and secure offspring. and then the way there is up to the individual ;)

DeletedUser

small green surprized-icon.png

Odd questions for an on-line game forum.

DeletedUser

I don't think you (or anyone else for that matter) would find the answers palatable. ;)

The thing is, that since this is a game (and forum) open to people from all over the world, with a wide range of ages and experiences, some assessments may be much darker than expected.

That's why I thought your questions were, as I said, odd for an on-line game forum. Perhaps odd was ill-chosen. "Interesting" might have been a better choice. An interesting line of inquiry.

DeletedUser19483

I don't think you (or anyone else for that matter) would find the answers palatable. ;)

The thing is, that since this is a game (and forum) open to people from all over the world, with a wide range of ages and experiences, some assessments may be much darker than expected.

That's why I thought your questions were, as I said, odd for an on-line game forum. Perhaps odd was ill-chosen. "Interesting" might have been a better choice. An interesting line of inquiry.
your making me wonder what your insight on human, or any, nature is:)
tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell. tell.:D

DeletedUser

I'll make it disappointingly brief.

I'm a functioning sociopath, and often feel as though I am living in a world of angry, delusional goldfish.

grin yolk.png

DeletedUser

You're taking it literally, when you shouldn't.

Remember what I told you...

DeletedUser19483

You're taking it literally, when you shouldn't.
lol I was just about to edit when you posted sooo....
1. now that you've answered your view I should just say thank you
2.(loling meself to death) I rarely take things seriously
upload_2019-4-10_13-48-49.jpeg

DeletedUser20951

Was quite pleased to see "Selfish" at the top of the poll. My theory on human nature is unerringly simplistic, yet manifests every single behavior you could name, and that's that we are all driven by selfishness and self-interest, even the most altruistic individual. We've all learned, to some extent, to act in a manner that results in being treated as we like to be treated, but it's a constant work in progress littered with misconceptions, lack of awareness, trial and error, and many external influences that you have little power to actually change, so you maneuver as best you can with the cards you are dealt, without exception.

DeletedUser19483

Was quite pleased to see "Selfish" at the top of the poll. My theory on human nature is unerringly simplistic, yet manifests every single behavior you could name, and that's that we are all driven by selfishness and self-interest, even the most altruistic individual. We've all learned, to some extent, to act in a manner that results in being treated as we like to be treated, but it's a constant work in progress littered with misconceptions, lack of awareness, trial and error, and many external influences that you have little power to actually change, so you maneuver as best you can with the cards you are dealt, without exception.
interesting view, closest to one of mine

keep posting guys I find it interesting to see your views.:D

DeletedUser19483

You know the Thread title is a bit misleading. You don't need to post just about human nature yah all can post about the nature of of anything you want like the nature of insanity, or oranges.......yummy, yummy oranges........ummm....I gotta go....

Vergazi

You know the Thread title is a bit misleading. You don't need to post just about human nature yah all can post about the nature of of anything you want like the nature of insanity, or oranges.......yummy, yummy oranges........ummm....I gotta go....
Oranges are one of the fruits and vegetables I think of as "social foods" like Pizza, Grapes or Cookies. Minimal to no prep or cooking, finger foods and you can get one pie, bunch or box and easily share with friends. Arguably the best part is no one has any dishes to wash and minimal cleanup. Well...you did say oranges were fair game...

DeletedUser19483

Oranges are one of the fruits and vegetables I think of as "social foods" like Pizza, Grapes or Cookies. Minimal to no prep or cooking, finger foods and you can get one pie, bunch or box and easily share with friends. Arguably the best part is no one has any dishes to wash and minimal cleanup. Well...you did say oranges were fair game...
I never thought of them like that:D

DeletedUser19483

Ok people buckle those seatbelts(starts smiling) I'm gonna tell you one of my MANY views on the nature of this and that(starts laughing of the screams of innocents)

subject:Humans
tone:Happy
let's get started(clears throat loudly)

Like the beginning says this is a happy view on humans sooooooo........
Humans. The one of the most interesting creatures on earth. Their not the strongest, not the fastest, hell their not even the biggest or smallest. How did such a pathetic and weak species claw it's way to the top of the food chain? Determination. Humanity was determined and so they triumphed. Yes other creatures are just as determined if not more to survive, but thats all. Other creatures look to survive, humans look to thrive. this determination is what sets us apart, what makes us human and when times look dark remember. You are human, be determined to thrive.

cheesy am I right, but what can I say I made this when I was in third grade. BUT anyway that was one of my happy views or whatever on human nature. Now scram you pesky humans:D

DeletedUser20951

Oh hey, thought of something to add here, where it's much more appropriate, topic-wise, and that's on the nature of gaslighting.

If I had to pick which form of abuse is the worst, I'd probably go with this, and that's why I don't even use the method on enemies (I am so proud I realized I could change the wording here. PROUD). It tears down the target's self-esteem and spirit, makes them question their own mind and even their sense of reality, yet is often oh so difficult to properly define in exact terms, and it usually comes down to a "they said, I said" argument. I have little in hard rules on what constitutes gaslighting, but if someone is constantly making another person feel crappy and then denying or justifying it, then I call it such.

Last edited by a moderator: