• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Which player is more important to Elvenar, veteran or rookie??

Shakal5000

I'm a brazilian gamer, and I came to this forum to bring this important topic of discussion, because like many, I care about the game, it's my favorite game. I've already posted there, but the brazilian forum is empty, most players who frequented the forum have deleted their accounts or stopped showing. Those players like us here, who have a dedication that others don't have, because only those who really like the game care enough to come to the forum to give a critique or suggestion. These loyal players are the foundation of Elvenar, without that foundation this game will become obsolete and will most likely be discontinued, but why??

Because this game is not extremely popular, as many know, it is a complex, time-consuming and collaborative game. Over 95% of the games are or have some form of PvP (not that Elvenar doesn't, if you consider ranking as a form of PvP), and most have an immediate quick reward formula, which traps younger players ...

Elvenar is the opposite of all that, it's a game that opposes this formula, and it brought something very different to the gaming world, in my view it's unique. But the consequence of this is that it created a niche of players, a select group of people, who enjoy free time, and like to manage a fantasy world. To have a comparison in the playstore, Elvenar has 5 million downloads, Call of Duty mobile has 100 million, that is, 5%, but within that 5% there are even fewer players, because many are frustrated right at the beginning, and give up of the game, precisely because it is not as immediate as the others...

Well, all that said, it's clear that the game is for a select set of people. Now, within this select set, there are longtime players, who have been playing since its launch, those who know the whole story and followed the entire evolution of the game, who are also the ones who spend the most with the game, I've already bought diamonds, not because I needed to, but because I wanted to financially support the game, and I believe many did the same. So most likely the audience that brings the most profitability to the game is this one...

If the game, in its nature is like that, why would you risk your loyal player base, why would you displease so many old players?? Just to satisfy new players?? They are a huge bet, the chances of retaining a new player are small, the most obvious way would be to bet on the existing formula and listen to veteran players, thus keeping your target audience and from there, looking for new players...

Let me know, what you guys think about that, after this topic, I have another one in line, where I will explain the 2 major reasons the veterans are quitting the game...

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm pretty sure a company that makes over $200 million per year knows where the money comes from.
So if you are seeing features added/removed (or not) that are upsetting older players while pleasing newer players I'm willing to bet that it's either a cold calculation or an oversight rather than a malicious decision.

Tehya1

Fist of all, you make a huge assumption about what most players are looking for in a new game. I think that most people understand what a builder game is, so the idea that new players get frustrated quickly when they don't get immediate rewards is also unfounded unless you have a survey to back up what seems like an unlikely truth. Players who try builder games usually know that they are time consuming and that it takes awhile for eturns on time invested.

Second of all, new playes might turn away fom this game because of how harrd the game is on new players. i almost did. making changes to mitigate those difficulties could only help innos bottom line.

Shakal5000

Fist of all, you make a huge assumption about what most players are looking for in a new game. I think that most people understand what a builder game is, so the idea that new players get frustrated quickly when they don't get immediate rewards is also unfounded unless you have a survey to back up what seems like an unlikely truth. Players who try builder games usually know that they are time consuming and that it takes awhile for eturns on time invested.

Second of all, new playes might turn away fom this game because of how harrd the game is on new players. i almost did. making changes to mitigate those difficulties could only help innos bottom line.

Yes, is an assumption, but you don't need to be an expert to see this, look at how many players are only here, look at the forum of any major game, and you will be surprised with the difference. The assumptions I made was purely based on my experience as a long timer player of everything, not only Elvenar. People who spend money on games, only do if they believe it is worth their money, and what are the chances of someone who just start playing??
You don't know the game yet, why would you spend a dime in it??
And specially if this game is free, the chances are even more remote...

Shakal5000

I'm pretty sure a company that makes over $200 million per year knows where the money comes from.
So if you are seeing features added/removed (or not) that are upsetting older players while pleasing newer players I'm willing to bet that it's either a cold calculation or an oversight rather than a malicious decision.

And maybe, they are so far up there, that they may lost the connection with their audience, on the pursuit of more money, I saw so many good and balanced games succumb to greed that one more would be nothing new...

Iyapo1

People who spend money on games, only do if they believe it is worth their money, and what are the chances of someone who just start playing??
There was a gaming industry report linked to the forum a while ago. If memory serves it indicated that most ftp games make more money from new players than from long term players. That might not hold true for Inno or it might be correct...inno does not share this data.

iirc. @ajqtrz did you link the study?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There was a gaming industry report linked to the forum a while ago. If memory serves it indicated that most ftp games make more money from new players than from long term players. That might not hold true for Inno or it might be correct...inno does not share this data.

The main problem with those reports is that Elvenar is in a tiny, tiny minority of games that does not have a premium store, where you can buy special items and bundles and all the other goodies that do not come up in normal play, so they can't really compare to the average FtP game. Just think how much more money the game would make if all that kind of stuff was available.

Dew Spinner

The main problem with those reports is that Elvenar is in a tiny, tiny minority of games that does not have a premium store, where you can buy special items and bundles and all the other goodies that do not come up in normal play, so they can't really compare to the average FtP game. Just think how much more money the game would make if all that kind of stuff was available.
Another DUMB decision, which there have been many!

Shakal5000

Yes, you are absolutely correct, this is also one of the major Plus of this game. The ads are only for purchase of diamonds, the other promotions usually involving buying with those same diamonds, so its a good way to keep the game clean, while also getting your cut($). If they need more income, I believe me and many others, can give a few good suggestions that would improve the game, without making it P2W game...

Like for instance, Another store, inside the already existing store, with a tiny magic portal. There you would enter an enchanted forest, with humans or elves, and all the other guest races of the chapters you concluded. In this forest there would be a store with a an Elvenar trader. But what would he sell??
Cosmetics! Colors and different patterns for buildings, for the boring residences and workshops! An enchantment spell, that would create an illusion, and make any structure look like some other(having the same space), that you had it in your inventory, and you choose to disenchanted, and get the blueprint for this.

Nothing that you buy in this store, would had any impact on gameplay, but could turn cities into something completly different, this way we clients get to keep the game balanced, an more beautyfull and diverse!

Dew Spinner

Yes, you are absolutely correct, this is also one of the major Plus of this game. The ads are only for purchase of diamonds, the other promotions usually involving buying with those same diamonds, so its a good way to keep the game clean, while also getting your cut($). If they need more income, I believe me and many others, can give a few good suggestions that would improve the game, without making it P2W game...

Like for instance, Another store, inside the already existing store, with a tiny magic portal. There you would enter an enchanted forest, with humans or elves, and all the other guest races of the chapters you concluded. In this forest there would be a store with a an Elvenar trader. But what would he sell??
Cosmetics! Colors and different patterns for buildings, for the boring residences and workshops! An enchantment spell, that would create an illusion, and make any structure look like some other(having the same space), that you had it in your inventory, and you choose to disenchanted, and get the blueprint for this.

Nothing that you buy in this store, would had any impact on gameplay, but could turn cities into something completly different, this way we clients get to keep the game balanced, an more beautyfull and diverse!
Unfortunately, many players have asked for this in the past and INNO has ignored all suggestions about this. Hopefully they will eventually listen but I am not holding my breath on it. INNO has a reputation of not listening to it's player base!

OIM20

An enchantment spell, that would create an illusion, and make any structure look like some other(having the same space), that you had it in your inventory, and you choose to disenchanted, and get the blueprint for this.
This would be an excellent idea for Halloween / April Fools. *points you to Ideas & Suggestions subforum Read Me*

Would there be buildings that would be exempt from this, though? For example, the Genie, as an expiring building, might be granted an exemption from having this applied as it might cause players to forget to pick up their 12-hour gift were it disguised to look like an orc chapter residence.

Would this be an enchantment I can only apply to my own buildings, or would I be allowed to do a "trick or treat" / "April Fools!" with my NH only on 31 October / 01 April to dress up my fellows' cities?

So many possibilities....

Tehya1

Would this be an enchantment I can only apply to my own buildings, or would I be allowed to do a "trick or treat" / "April Fools!" with my NH only on 31 October / 01 April to dress up my fellows' cities?
I love this idea!

DeletedUser27581

This is a good observation. :)
I've been at this game for over six years now, with a couple of different player names that I still use, through different fellowships and global servers, through life's ups and downs, on and on.
I joined shortly after it started on the US market....and I spent quite a bit of real world money for the first couple of years...because the idea is to have all the nice things you want in your town to prosper and maybe even brag (to yourself) about how well you're doing.
I only spend in-game diamonds nowadays...but that's *my* preference. To each their own. :)

There have been several upsets with changes that have happened through the years of Elvenar. Battle balancing, event building balancing, tournament balancing, Fellowship Adventures, etc.
It's a pretty common thing that happens in most games, honestly. Balancing, balancing, balancing...for all the *new* features that come along and are added in, to keep players interested.

We may not like it. Some players may leave because of it. I'm sure this company has taken that into consideration (most of the time) when a "nerf" is about to happen. It's a business and they are making a business decision, with the knowledge that they may lose some players because of it. It's up to us whether we stick around or not.
I've been just as upset as others for some of these changes...but in the end, I know I'm staying with this game. I have taken breaks from the game because of some changes. I've also taken some breaks for other reasons, that have nothing to do with the game.
The fact is, I really enjoy Elvenar. It's a part of my life, as it is for many, many others out there. I want to play this game and will stay loyal as long as the same basic structure/concept is there.

I'll leave the marketing up to INNO Games. They're still going 6 years later and managing to gain new players along the way. They obviously know what they are doing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Myne

Oh Wise One
There are two key requirements for success in Elvenar. One is patience. It's not a constant rewarding type of game. Let's face it...most folks have no patience. They want everything right now. This is not that kind of game. Two is the ability to strategize to maximize your success. If you can't figure out what it's going to take to get where you want to be in a logical manner, this game is not going to be fun for you. Jmho