• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Wholesaler - UNDO the Rip-off

• Thread starter DeletedUser4471
  • Start date

DeletedUser6217

I am part of a fellowship. And I am fond of the majority of my fellowship. There are, as I'm sure is the case with many others as well, a few members who are just a name on a list.

I appreciate the feedback, though my key point hazards still remain intact.

Yes, I have the same issue in two of the fellowships with inactive players...just names on a list. I'm not a mage or archmage or I would boot them out. I do boot them out of my FS if they're inactive. If you're slacking off then it's adios amigo because I want active people who contribute. :)

DeletedUser3432

I rarely used the wholesaler prior to this, but certainly won't now. It is a total ripoff. The unfortunate part is now you must be in a strong fellowship to survive. Casual players stand no chance to get the goods they need. My days of helping new players with small trades is over since now my goods will be needed only in the fellowship. Very sad day for the newer players. If only it had been this way when I started, maybe I wouldn't have wasted so much time and money on a game where the developers don't think about the player base.

As an end game player when I logged in yesterday, I discovered that I could no longer use my shortcut key to access my trader. This was fixable be deleting a culture building and moving my trader, but I just don't understand why the developers wouldn't have the courtesy to tell players they were changing something they established when they added shortcuts. This came about because when they added shortcuts, the trader didn't need to be on a road anymore which was a nice bonus for a game where space is always an issue. Changing it is not a huge thing, but if they had told us a month ago, I wouldn't have wasted the resources to add the culture building only to lose them all since I couldn't dump my gold into my trader and had full supplies. Another example of a development team that isn't considerate of their player base.

DeletedUser6217

Fellowships help but since they changed the trader, not enough. I have 5 cities and in E world am the top player in the top fellowship and the change in the trader has had a very Large negative impact on me, the 5 fellowships and over 100 people I trade with.

I'm puzzled & I have to ask - how could a change in the wholesaler have a negative impact on the trades of your FS? We have to look at the whole picture here: the trader itself was not changed - only the wholesaler tab. When anyone puts up a trade, not a single aspect of the trade set up is different (all 3 of those tabs are the same). So, taking into account that those trader tabs are exactly the same, how could the wholesaler change so negatively impact the overall trades? Surely people didn't buy from the wholesaler & then turn around and trade it.

DeletedUser2870

@Starisphere
I for one was a VERY active trader, often trading for stuff that I didn't need for my fellows. To get what I needed I would use the wholesaler at times to supplement stuff. Now I dont. Which also results in less trades within the FS.
And it only brings to light the underlying problem: too many dead cities and those do not trade
Too many players who quit at a higher chapter in the game and are replaced with starting players who do not offer it in the quantities the advanced players need.

edeba

@Starisphere
I suspect especially with tier 1 goods there was lots of purchasing to cover shortages. I often did that for tournaments and I told fellowship to purchase shortage and trade for surplus to support the fellowship. She shortages seem far more extreme this tournament, and really early.

christyb399

I'm puzzled & I have to ask - how could a change in the wholesaler have a negative impact on the trades of your FS? We have to look at the whole picture here: the trader itself was not changed - only the wholesaler tab. When anyone puts up a trade, not a single aspect of the trade set up is different (all 3 of those tabs are the same). So, taking into account that those trader tabs are exactly the same, how could the wholesaler change so negatively impact the overall trades? Surely people didn't buy from the wholesaler & then turn around and trade it.
The trader allowed me to get things I needed that others didn't have, and to trade in large quantities. I took ALL trades no matter stars, helping small newbies to grow when they couldn't trade enough to grow. I developed a pipeline of trading involving 4-5 fellowships and over 100 people. It was not unusual for me to clear as many as 30 pages of trades, and to do large 30k -50k trades. My city is currently done with the Wood Elves section and all my buildings are maxed. (In E world on US server I am ranked 1 in the 1 ranked fellowship). Trading is what I did to pass the time until the new guest race is introduced. Now with the new trader I can't afford to keep everyone supplied as well as myself. I have no incentive to do more that daily helping hands, and only that out of loyalty to my fellowship.

DeletedUser6648

I have two cities. One is more advanced and the other is only in chapter V. Even though I have toggled to be moved by the system I am the only player around and my Fellowship, although very nice and helpful, are not as aggressive in their trading habits as I am. Sometimes the only way to level up a building was to buy the goods with the Trader. I can do that a little bit now but the very first increase is 50%. That is nuts! I can only imagine what it is like for a starting player without a lot of knowledge with the mechanics of the game. I enjoy the game but the bad decisions need to stop.

DeletedUser2870

The trader allowed me to get things I needed that others didn't have, and to trade in large quantities. I took ALL trades no matter stars, helping small newbies to grow when they couldn't trade enough to grow. I developed a pipeline of trading involving 4-5 fellowships and over 100 people. It was not unusual for me to clear as many as 30 pages of trades, and to do large 30k -50k trades. My city is currently done with the Wood Elves section and all my buildings are maxed. (In E world on US server I am ranked 1 in the 1 ranked fellowship). Trading is what I did to pass the time until the new guest race is introduced. Now with the new trader I can't afford to keep everyone supplied as well as myself. I have no incentive to do more that daily helping hands, and only that out of loyalty to my fellowship.

Exactly the same for me,my dutch city is waiting for the next chapter and WAS trading very actively.

My Elcysandir city is in orcs, and WAS trading actively. Now most I see is like 12 pages of crosstiertrades and another 3 pages offering my boosted goods, which doesn't help any at all.

My betacity is just in chapter 2, not a very active area, and though I havent been very active there myself (mainly joined to be able to join the forum), that fits right in with the rest of the members, so trade also is slow. Meaning I used to use the trader to supplement stuff so I can upgrade some buildings. Now I cant,since the rip-offtraders increase means it takes me several days more to get the goods for even 1 building.

edeba

The degree of game imbalance seems to have gone through the roof this tournament and I do wonder if it will correct. I have 260,000 demands for scrolls on my wall and a player in my group thinks it is my fault scrolls aren't available. Love taking blame for dip-foul-scat developer ideas.

DeletedUser5942

The quests are not that bad UNLESS they are challenges where you need to fight. I bypass the challenges that force a fight. Not sure why bypassing challenges would affect the trader but I went with the strategy of only producing my boosted goods which leaves me to rely on either trading (which may take me days) or the trader which is freaking expensive and limited offerings.

DeletedUser10842

I'm new to this game. It started out very promising. Now I have read some of the forums. I think I may quit and play the Naval game if I'm going to spend my real money on points to expand my resources. I spent $20 initially to purchase a whole S___tload of diamonds to get my village going. Then I spent another $10 to get some more and a third builder. My armies are nearly useless. The developers are foolish and won't create any method to boost the number of armies in relation to the armies you have to fight in the provinces. I even have a few nice other players near my village giving me coins and materials to help me. I don't even know how to repay them back yet. But I don't think it will do me or them much good. I think I'm going to sell everything on my board, close down my game and give away whatever I can to the people who have helped me. The developers are going nowhere with this game and it's getting crazy when I went to purchase a few thousand more diamonds and they jacked the price up 4 times the rate which I purchased at the last time. Instead of $20 for 11,000 diamonds, it's now $80.00. I thought this would be a fun way to while a few hours away on rainy days. I could play a lot of golf for $80.00. If you developers are listening: Make a way to upgrade weapons, armor, and armies. Create more variety of soldiers. Quit multiplying the trade costs at insane rates. If you want me to quit; then you got it. You also have to make it able to get a fair value for what a person spends. Increment the trade numbers by ones instead of 100's. I don't want to pay 100 boards for 150 marbles or other trades where I can't get a fair value. No-one else does either. I thought I was doing pretty good. Until you shut me off from being interested any longer. So fix this game or Bye-bye.

DeletedUser6279

it is a fun game.. but that was your first mistake.. buying diamonds.. (and thinking they will fix the game.. not gonna happen.. I REFUSE TO BUY ANY DIAMONDS!!

ekarat

Make a way to upgrade weapons, armor, and armies.

Done.

If you look at the tech tree, you will see squad size upgrades, and unit upgrades.

That said, you are right that there is a lumpy difficulty curve at the beginning. The beginning battles are difficult until you finish the first chapter's techs. After that, it just gets easier and easier.

WolfSinger

I even have a few nice other players near my village giving me coins and materials to help me. I don't even know how to repay them back yet. But I don't think it will do me or them much good.

You return the favor by visiting them once you discover them on the map.

I went to purchase a few thousand more diamonds and they jacked the price up 4 times the rate which I purchased at the last time. Instead of $20 for 11,000 diamonds, it's now $80.00.

That's the normal price for 11,000 diamonds - you were given a special discount as a new player to get them at $20.00 and IIRC when that offer is presented it says that it is a discounted price.

Increment the trade numbers by ones instead of 100's. I don't want to pay 100 boards for 150 marbles or other trades where I can't get a fair value. No-one else does either.

Players put in the amounts that they are offering and asking for - the only thing the game does impose a fee for trades from neighbors you haven't discovered yet - kinda like an import tax. As you discover more neighbors and expanded the provinces you have completed on the map - you'll see more trades available - only accept the ones you want to.

DeletedUser10842

Ok, so one or more of you think I'm stupid for buying diamonds. Well when the armies have not supplies, nor weapons that are useful, can't move fast enough to get out of the way of missiles thrown or shot by the enemy, you train and train and train them and they are either not allowed to gain any usable experience or it does not good, you have to research about half of the research section to even get your Treants useful anymore, and I do not want to wait 6 actual months or play every minute of every day to accomplish what a few dollars could have done with diamonds, well I guess I am stupid for wanting to get to a point where I didn't have to negotiate every time I wanted to gather a province. So I will do what I said in my previous post.

WolfSinger

Ok, so one or more of you think I'm stupid for buying diamonds.

I for one don't think that - I've bought my fair share (probably more) of diamonds. However, I also acknowledge that this is a game of patience (something I don't do well myself). Remember it's not a rush to get to the end - the devs keep working to add more chapters and extend the game. If you rush to catch up - you may find yourself sitting doing nothing but collecting goods and supplies while you wait for the next chapter or event to be added.

ekarat

Ok, so one or more of you think I'm stupid for buying diamonds. Well when the armies have not supplies, nor weapons that are useful, can't move fast enough to get out of the way of missiles thrown or shot by the enemy, you train and train and train them and they are either not allowed to gain any usable experience or it does not good, you have to research about half of the research section to even get your Treants useful anymore, and I do not want to wait 6 actual months or play every minute of every day to accomplish what a few dollars could have done with diamonds, well I guess I am stupid for wanting to get to a point where I didn't have to negotiate every time I wanted to gather a province. So I will do what I said in my previous post.

Well, you have hit on one flaw -- when they readjusted combat difficulties in the late game, it made the early game difficult without the end-of-chapter technologies. So, you need to be able to complete most of chapter 1 before you can win much at combat. At that point, you have to struggle to make the hurdle into chapter 2. Chapter 2 is still tricky, but less so. And it gets easier from there. Once you get all 5 main unit types unlocked, it should be really easy to make your minimum provinces for the next chapter.

Thistleknot

However, I also acknowledge that this is a game of patience

Wolfsinger said it best. This is a game of patience. However you are apparently in one of the most frustrating time frames of the game. Just as Ekarat said, there was a change in the combat system that works well for most people that do combat. Apparently during chapters 2 and 3, combat is almost impossible. This has been brought up to the developers a number of times, but I haven't heard if there will be adjustments for this point. If you decide to stay with the game, it will take patience and probably a lot of goods to move forward.

As far as diamonds go, spending money on this game is your choice. Don't let people harass you about that. The cost has always been $80 for 11,000 diamonds. There are sales periodically that will give you more diamonds for the same price. Diamonds will allow for bonuses that others do not get, such as premium expansions and premium cultural buildings. Diamonds are not the end all be all and are not necessary to have an enjoyable play experience.