• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why did the training grounds suddenly appear?

DeletedUser3827

This morning I logged in, was sent back in the tree all the way back to the training grounds. I thought the battle tweaking was done. Just another thing I am not interested in, as I have completely stepped away from the battle aspect of the game when they screwed it up.

So now I have to train this to get back into my tree where I was. So I can have a building I won't use.

I don't see any announcement on it either. Aggravating.

qaccy

You're kidding, right?

Both Humans and Elves get access to the Training Grounds levels 5-8 with a new technology in Chapter V. This technology will remain optional until the next update; due to this, the technology to research the first levels of the Training Grounds that was added in the previous update has now become mandatory to unlock for Elves (it already was for Humans)

Been in the announcement for 1.17 since Monday.

DeletedUser2963

There is another one in chapter 3, they set it up the exact same way. Mandatory for humans and optional for elves until the next update.
Edit: Not chapter 3, chapter 4 and 5

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4372

you could train those dogs before with no special building, the building is just another tool to pry open your wallet for diamonds. I have read ahead and see they will be making city expansions and buying expansions go up in price to crazy. sorry, i will not spend $15 in real money for a freaking 5x5 expansion..

DeletedUser5035

This morning I logged in, was sent back in the tree all the way back to the training grounds. I thought the battle tweaking was done. Just another thing I am not interested in, as I have completely stepped away from the battle aspect of the game when they screwed it up.

So now I have to train this to get back into my tree where I was. So I can have a building I won't use.

yeah i was upset i was sent all the way back to the beginning and i also dont do battles as their armies are double to triple mine. i won 3 in the very beginning and never again so i quit trying.. also annoyed they should have just givin it to us

you could train those dogs before with no special building, the building is just another tool to pry open your wallet for diamonds. I have read ahead and see they will be making city expansions and buying expansions go up in price to crazy. sorry, i will not spend $15 in real money for a freaking 5x5 expansion..
yeah my city expantion to buya section just jumped to 12,000 gems

DeletedUser

It seems to me the developer are not programming for us but for themselves. They do whatever they feel like to the game whether it'll make the players happy users or not. Well, they can play the game themselves 'cause I'm out of here. I've deleted everything from my world and I'm never coming back. And we should all do the same... maybe that's a message they'll understand. I work as a programmer and as such, I do understand that when I code I'm coding for the users of my programs and they are my first priority- they direct and guide my work, not my own sense of what the programs should do... the developers behind Elvenar don't seem to understand that fact.
We all should leave the game... let the developers play it and see how they like what they've been doing to us. It's a shame, the game was amazing when I started it and now it's ruined.

WolfSinger

It wasn't optional. I was forced to research it to get back to where I was before. It's effective right now, whatever the announcement says.

It was added and optional with the previous update - 1.16. With today's update - 1.17 - it became mandatory. There were two additional techs added with the update today that are CURRENTLY optional - but which will become mandatory with the next update (usually in 2 weeks).

The release notes for both 1.16 and 1.17 clearly state which techs were added and when they will become mandatory.

From the update 1.16 release notes posted on October 26th:

• Cerberus has moved from the Barracks to the Training Grounds, and is therefore no longer exclusively available to Humans, but also to Elves. For Elves, this new technology ('Training Grounds and Cerberus') is optional until the next update, for Humans it was already mandatory to research, but it did move position to an earlier chapter, which could cause the need to research it before you're able to continue in the research tree if you are at a specific point in the progress. It was impossible to make it optional for Humans too, since it would cause problems with the already released upgraded versions of Cerberus
From the update 1.17
  • Both Humans and Elves get access to the Training Grounds levels 5-8 with a new technology in Chapter V. This technology will remain optional until the next update; due to this, the technology to research the first levels of the Training Grounds that was added in the previous update has now become mandatory to unlock for Elves (it already was for Humans)
  • Elves will now have access to the Cerberus II, which can be unlocked in Chapter IV. This technology will remain optional until the next update.
What was added that is optional this update is the advanced research lvls 5-8 for the training grounds. The original tech that gives you the building was added LAST update and became mandatory this update.

@innogames - maybe you should consider sending a message to all players when the release notes are posted prior to the update (with a direct link to the forum post) so they are forewarned about these kinds of changes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2396

I really wish there were an option for those of us who don't want to bother with battles. I'm in the middle of a quest that I now can't finish for days because it's grayed out until I collect enough stuff to complete stuff I don't want and won't use.
The option is just don't Battle - plain an simple - negotiate all your provinces that you scout just don't scout past the suggested RoadBlocks set in the Advanced Scout at start of each Chapter - cater in the tourneys if you don't have any interest in Battling - you don't have to fight if you so choose - when you get to Orc Chapter you can make Orcs and use them to still negotiate provinces - they have left that option there in place so you don't have to Battle.

SK

DeletedUser43

The option is just don't Battle - plain an simple - negotiate all your provinces that you scout just don't scout past the suggested RoadBlocks set in the Advanced Scout at start of each Chapter - cater in the tourneys if you don't have any interest in Battling - you don't have to fight if you so choose - when you get to Orc Chapter you can make Orcs and use them to still negotiate provinces - they have left that option there in place so you don't have to Battle.

Many people hit the orc requirement when they are still two chapters behind the ability to make orcs. And to keep making people, who have zero interest in bothering with battles any more, research more and more and more military stuff is like going to a monastery and forcing the monks to make bullets.

DeletedUser4417

Because now the training grounds are mandatory for the Elven player as they announced over an update ago when it was added and labeled as 'optional' until next update.

DeletedUser43

Because now the training grounds are mandatory for the Elven player as they announced over an update ago when it was added and labeled as 'optional' until next update.

Less than .02% of all players see the forums. It would be nice if these kinds of things could be announced in an email, or some other kind of announcement system like the one Katwijk brought up long ago. It would help to make the majority of Inno's customers less jolted by these changes.

DeletedUser4372

Less than .02% of all players see the forums. It would be nice if these kinds of things could be announced in an email, or some other kind of announcement system like the one Katwijk brought up long ago. It would help to make the majority of Inno's customers less jolted by these changes.

players less jolted would be better than less players.. it does not matter what they say... when someone sits down to play a game and wants to buy a new square and the price is 3-5 times as much as it was yesterday... no words can cover up that level of GREED.

DeletedUser3827

Many people hit the orc requirement when they are still two chapters behind the ability to make orcs. And to keep making people, who have zero interest in bothering with battles any more, research more and more and more military stuff is like going to a monastery and forcing the monks to make bullets.

Exactly. The issue of having no choice to avoid military building is aggravating. If you wanted to force people to participate in the military aspect of the game, then you shouldn't have broken the battle feature for most of the players.

@innogames - maybe you should consider sending a message to all players when the release notes are posted prior to the update (with a direct link to the forum post) so they are forewarned about these kinds of changes.

Yes, please at least tell us in advance that you are messing things up more. That will at least lessen the blow. I am not here reading release notes. So something that just suddenly appears is a bit jarring.

players less jolted would be better than less players.. it does not matter what they say... when someone sits down to play a game and wants to buy a new square and the price is 3-5 times as much as it was yesterday... no words can cover up that level of GREED.

It's either that, or the business model is failing and they are not pulling in enough cash. If the game shuts down, we'll know which one it was. I can't even imagine paying that much for a small square of land. They must be joking.

WolfSinger

I am not here reading release notes. So something that just suddenly appears is a bit jarring.

While I understand the sentiment and I agree notifications should be added to the in-game messaging system. As a player once I learned about the forums and realized the game was updated approximately every two weeks, I started checking the forums for the release notes - which are typically posted a day or two before the update - so I knew what to expect. and just to be better prepared - I also check in on the beta forum since they get the update approximately a week before it goes to the rest of the servers - I can see the problems the other players are facing.

The other cool thing Inno could do is add a quest for players to visit the forum - especially now that there is an easy link in game. Will get more players to visit who might not be aware of the forum and can let them know that important information as well as help from other players is available here.

DeletedUser3827

I think the quitting has nothing to do with the forums. People are just frustrated. I'm in a very good, active fellowship with cool people. And we are all feeling the strain of the changes.

Now, I've worked in gaming before, and I work in the user experience field. You know what happens when your users feel strained and stressed? They stop enjoying themselves. The game becomes "work." You know what happens when they feel that way? They quit, and find something else to enjoy.

ESPECIALLY a "free" game like this. The lifecycle can be very short if you disappoint your customers.

And a LOT of us are disappointed. It can only last so long.

DeletedUser4417

People are frustrated and some are leaving because of that but when a person comes to the forums and all they want is to find out why something is going on and they browse the forums a bit and they read where this player quit and that player quit and then they come across a repetitive doom and gloom post from the vocal group that downs on Inno at every change small and large, they get discouraged.