• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why do YOU participate in the tournament?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Compared to the other prizes yes it's a massive disappointment when you get it kind of like the dummy prize. It makes good fodder for the spire but then that kind of defeats the purpose of advancing up the spire LOL
I like the analogy of it being compared to winning a free pie in a pie eating contest
Hmmm
After a couple weeks you will dislike the portal profit even more, and you will wish it was a 50% supply refill.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Portal Profits are great for chapter 6 if you don't care about following the story quests.
Sigh
Year 6 and I might have figured that out. :rolleyes:
In the Spire they come instead of SW50% and are just as irritating when it's Library pieces or key Artifacts a player is after.

Starr621

LOL nope because I just won 3 SW 50% from the last boss and feel shafted bigtime (I disenchanted all 3000% SW I had). It's fine I could care less and want to make the game more challenging anyway. I no longer care about tournament or spire and am just going to focus on city building (which is the real reason why I play this game)

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Sorry too late they're gone (though I do wish I would've given them away to someone else instead)
Players use the SWs when their Brown Bear is fed to speed train troops and non fighters use them to cater with. I have hundreds and hundreds of them and wouldn't frag even one. But, if you aren't going to do Spire ot Tournament anymore then I can see why they are useless for you.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My general tournament strategy is that I plan on doing all 6 rounds of the first 12 provinces. This gives a huge amount of fellowship points and a wide variety of individual rewards. Then I do the first 2 rounds of more provinces out to somewhere in the mid 20s. Rd1 of each of these provinces gives 4 relics and a Power of Provision spell (I use a lot of these to make supplies with). Rd 2 provides 4 more relics and 5 KP. I normally stop somewhere around province 24 or 25 because the odds and the squad size really stack up. This gives me a weekly average of around 4000.

Hawk1911

I'll push as far as I can every week, considering the time I have available and my inventory. I go for all the prizes, personal and FS rewards at the end. Every little bit helps grow my city. My priority is to get in 5 rounds for all the KP.

I don't understand why anyone is worried about burning supplies and goods? Those are cheap and that's what they are for, to use and spend. I view all the inventory items as different types of currency, each with a respective "value" . Some items like blueprints and RR are worth a lot more than others. Supplies and goods are at the bottom of the list and should be expended and used. No reason to hold on to something that doesn't hold a lot of value and easily replaced for free.

For caterers, you are effectively trading supplies and goods for tourney rewards. That's a fair trade in my opinion, because nearly every reward is worth more than the supplies and goods. Same with fighters, but instead you are "trading" troops for the rewards. Again, troops are equal to supplies+time, so that's a fair trade. If you climb the Spire weekly, get all sorts of great stuff in exchange for basic goods. Fair trade in my opinion.

All the rewards can help you grow your city at a much faster and more efficient pace.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't understand why anyone is worried about burning supplies and goods?
I am in higher chapters now (Ch16 in one city, 17 in the other). I have no issues with burning supplies and goods either. Let's not forget, though, that in early chapters those resources could be scarce from time to time. I have cities that are primarily combat, so the side effect to that is having millions of excess goods. But I can imagine those resources would be under pressure in early chapter cities that are primarily catering/negotiating/convincing.