• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why leave non-playing members on a fellowship

DeletedUser3936

Would any one help me with a problem I am having. The team I am on has kept on its active roster three members who have obviously stopped playing months and months ago. Why would the fellowship leaders do that? What possible benefits could the leaders of the team get by keeping non-players on the team? I guess what I am asking is how could non-players illegally be used??

I have read the Elvenar game rules and there are several ways that I think I see how someone could use such non-players to their advantage, but I am too new at the game to really understand.

I could really use some help because most of the team is loosing out each day that those three fellowship positions are not active.

Thank you

DeletedUser2768

Or the players are higher ranked and they don't want to lose the points. I have one in my ranks right now that I KNOW is inactive and I doubt is going to return. Said player is a top 50 player and I'm reluctant to cut them because of the loss of points.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
If I have more then one inactive player in my fellowship I will still only remove one until I find a new recruit to fill the spot then remove another. Mostly for reasons mentioned by tincture and Rosehawk. if your fellowship is at 25 members and they aren't removing one to open a spot, it might be a bad thing. Although in my Beta fellowship they will leave it at 25 and ask if you want to join to message the archmage and then they remove the inactive player and send out an invite to the new player. Guess it just depends how the FS is run.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5202

I'll chime in and agree with reasons mentioned. I took over a FS that had a lot of problems, we still do. Cleaning it up has been slow. I'll remove inactives only when we find a replacement. You asked, "I guess what I am asking is how could non-players illegally be used??" and while I am no Elvenar expert, to my knowledge there is no way these non actives can be used illegally by active players. You would have to have access to their email and game password.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's no advantage to removing an inactive player unless the Fellowship is full. It gains you nothing and gives you (each) one less city you can help for coins every day. If your fellowship is full, and there are other people who want to join, then it's an odd choice.

At the end of the day, there's nothing that stops you and a few friends from splitting off and forming a new FS if you don't like it.

YellowWeed

I read everyones response above. The answer to leave them on, to keep the score & have a place to collect your coins on, is the reason. BUT...reading above responses-that some of you will leave a full 25 fellowship-and if someone wanted to join, only then, knock one inactive off.
My response to that is, I would not seek out a full 25 fellowship. I would more than likely ask to join one that showed 24 members. That way I would think you had a possible spot. If I saw 25 members, then I would think you are happy with everyone there. If I saw 24, then it would give me a hopeful chance that I may have a chance to join. Food for thought, **wink** ;)

DeletedUser3122

What possible benefits could the leaders of the team get by keeping non-players on the team?

This is only my opinion, and there's no one "right" way to keep or remove inactive players.

Our FS has the rule that if someone is not visiting 4+ times per week, they can't remain in the FS. If I allowed people to sit inactive, it sends the whole FS the message that it's ok to break the FS rules and be lazy and not search for other members. The only benefits to keeping inactive players is visits and score. If score is not an issue, then I see no reason to keep them on the rosters. I have members that regularly tell me they won't visit someone that doesn't visit them, so I don't see visits as a real benefit. You don't get tools, you only get gold and possibly a smidgen of goods if you have the Crystal Lighthouse. Meh.

I'd personally rather have a lower score and empty place for someone to be able to apply. I don't believe there is any ToS violation if an inactive player remains in a FS (by doing something "illegal"). If there is such an exploit, I'm unaware of it. If I was aware of it, I would not do it anyway.

Everyone that's on my FS roster is 4+ active visits per week. I will give every member one or as much as 2 weeks without visits before they're removed. If you need an active FS like that, look me up. :)

YellowWeed

This is only my opinion, and there's no one "right" way to keep or remove inactive players.

Our FS has the rule that if someone is not visiting 4+ times per week, they can't remain in the FS. If I allowed people to sit inactive, it sends the whole FS the message that it's ok to break the FS rules and be lazy and not search for other members. The only benefits to keeping inactive players is visits and score. If score is not an issue, then I see no reason to keep them on the rosters. I have members that regularly tell me they won't visit someone that doesn't visit them, so I don't see visits as a real benefit. You don't get tools, you only get gold and possibly a smidgen of goods if you have the Crystal Lighthouse. Meh.

I'd personally rather have a lower score and empty place for someone to be able to apply. I don't believe there is any ToS violation if an inactive player remains in a FS (by doing something "illegal"). If there is such an exploit, I'm unaware of it. If I was aware of it, I would not do it anyway.

Everyone that's on my FS roster is 4+ active visits per week. I will give every member one or as much as 2 weeks without visits before they're removed. If you need an active FS like that, look me up. :)

YellowWeed

I really like how you say you handle your fellowship. Just the kind I would like to be in. I have jumped fellowships-bcuz alot are only worried about that High score, and will leave inactive players. Even when the rules state it-they don't follow the rules. Unfortunately, I am in Felydryll..or I would come on over.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I really like how you say you handle your fellowship. Just the kind I would like to be in. I have jumped fellowships-bcuz alot are only worried about that High score, and will leave inactive players. Even when the rules state it-they don't follow the rules. Unfortunately, I am in Felydryll..or I would come on over.
Galadriel Loyalists in Felyndral is very active and we like to chat and co-operate on the tournaments. We don't recruit a lot, but we have a couple of spots. You could try talking to Killashandra K or Mandi0129.

Be aware we've recently decided to put more energy into the tournaments (which is why we happen to have a couple of openings), so new members will probably be expected to generate around 500 tourney points per week or more

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Did I say something wrong? I knew I'd responded to the inquiry, but couldn't find my response until I clicked on your link. Could you please tell my why it was removed so I don't make the same error in the future? Thanks. :confused:
You didn't do anything wrong. They closed the other thread because it was a duplicate of this one. You'd responded to the other copy.

DeletedUser1726

Would any one help me with a problem I am having. The team I am on has kept on its active roster three members who have obviously stopped playing months and months ago. Why would the fellowship leaders do that? What possible benefits could the leaders of the team get by keeping non-players on the team? I guess what I am asking is how could non-players illegally be used??

I have read the Elvenar game rules and there are several ways that I think I see how someone could use such non-players to their advantage, but I am too new at the game to really understand.

I could really use some help because most of the team is loosing out each day that those three fellowship positions are not active.

Thank you

A lot of FS's want to keep the player because they don't want to take a "hit" in their ranking points... as an Archmage of 2 fellowships, I don't agree with this practice because I think it lowers the moral of the fellowship... if everyone knows that inactive members will be released from the FS it keeps people more active... at least that's what I've found :)

DeletedUser3821

You didn't do anything wrong. They closed the other thread because it was a duplicate of this one. You'd responded to the other copy.
Thank you Ashrem. I don't feel so confused now :D