• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Why we are not a Gold FS

sam767

This was touched on in another thread. Someone mentioned and I agree that the topic deserves its own thread. Timely because my FS discussed going for gold this week (we got to chest 10 in 2 of the last 3 weeks). After chatting with members and running the numbers, this is what I sent to my FS today.
After running the numbers multiple times (the right way this time). I conclude that there is no way we can get gold this week. I want to compare gold on the Spire to 10 chests in the tournament. It will give us all a better understanding of the type of FS that we are.
The tournament benefits all types of players equally. The KP instants support AW progression. This is an integral part of the game. In addition, the 10th chest has very significant rewards that apply to almost everyone. I feel that it is very appropriate to push all FS members to make a meaningful contribution to the tournament. Frankly, the top team reward in the spire does not interest me very much. The diamonds are nice but I buy diamonds. I complete the spire because I increase my chances of getting a Dwarven Armorer (DA)..
For some players, the Spire is less compelling. I think it favors those of us who fight more than those of us who negotiate. I’ll have another post on this since I’m going to run out of space on this one.
For those who negotiate, the spire is MUCH less compelling and can be very painful. THE VALUE OF THE SPIRE REWARDS VARIES GREATLY DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PLAYER THAT ONE IS. This is in marked contrast to the tournament rewards which are more universal.
So I am not going to make gold in the spire a primary FS goal. I will encourage all members to complete the gateway level. It is easy and not (too horribly) time consuming. Members who are short on time can back off on the tournaments. You know who you are. Eventually, some of the spire rewards might become interesting to you.
Regards Sam

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I do think that for high level players the tournament is best. Getting multiple Royal Restorations and especially Blueprints every week (if your fellowship can handle 10 chests) lets you keep your best, older event buildings up to date. And the AW spell points allows you to keep upgrading your AWs. And as you rightly point out, AWs are an integral part of the game. But I think you are underestimating how important the Spire can be to players in the earlier stages of the game. Specifically, players from chapter 3 (when the Spire first becomes available) to the early stages of Dwarves. At this point in the game, most players still do not have enough spell fragments or combining catalysts. If a player is at these stages, the Spire can really help them keep their Magic Academy humming. And these players also likely do not have a great supply of booster spells accumulated yet. The Spire provides these. There is also the Spire building set. It might not hold up power-wise to players in the advanced stages of the game. But to a player in stage 4 or 5, the Moonstone Library set is pretty good stuff. If I had to pick between a fellowship that really concentrates on the tournament or one that really concentrates on the Spire, I would pick the tournament. But I think doing at least the bottom third of the Spire every week is also important.

sam767

We have been a 10 chest FS for over a year. I am in CH15 and I love my Moonstone set.
This is from the May 7th collection from my recently upgraded moonstone set.
Mana: 89520
Gum: 19119
Scrolls: 71340
Bismuth 13200
CC: 3
-----
Last year my FS was acutely short of scrolls. Now we have over 20 million!

Deleted User - 1178646

This was touched on in another thread. Someone mentioned and I agree that the topic deserves its own thread. Timely because my FS discussed going for gold this week (we got to chest 10 in 2 of the last 3 weeks). After chatting with members and running the numbers, this is what I sent to my FS today.
After running the numbers multiple times (the right way this time). I conclude that there is no way we can get gold this week. I want to compare gold on the Spire to 10 chests in the tournament. It will give us all a better understanding of the type of FS that we are.
The tournament benefits all types of players equally. The KP instants support AW progression. This is an integral part of the game. In addition, the 10th chest has very significant rewards that apply to almost everyone. I feel that it is very appropriate to push all FS members to make a meaningful contribution to the tournament. Frankly, the top team reward in the spire does not interest me very much. The diamonds are nice but I buy diamonds. I complete the spire because I increase my chances of getting a Dwarven Armorer (DA)..
For some players, the Spire is less compelling. I think it favors those of us who fight more than those of us who negotiate. I’ll have another post on this since I’m going to run out of space on this one.
For those who negotiate, the spire is MUCH less compelling and can be very painful. THE VALUE OF THE SPIRE REWARDS VARIES GREATLY DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PLAYER THAT ONE IS. This is in marked contrast to the tournament rewards which are more universal.
So I am not going to make gold in the spire a primary FS goal. I will encourage all members to complete the gateway level. It is easy and not (too horribly) time consuming. Members who are short on time can back off on the tournaments. You know who you are. Eventually, some of the spire rewards might become interesting to you.
Regards Sam

I think this line is the most important one.
Magic houses, Magic Workshops and diamonds, genie's are for some people not prizes because they already have it all. but for others these are amazing prizes.

For people with real aspirations in the tournaments the spire is an amazing tool to bolster it, for top contendors in general is't mandatory
Because the boosters aquired in the tower can go way beyond 1 weeks worth, which in turn instantly doubles your tournament units when used in the barracks/mercary camp / training grounds.
When this is your goal you negotiate in the tower and fight in the tournaments, dividing the resources between them in that way.
These are the numbers (excluding mystery chests rewards as they are too random)
  • 1 spire level both individual as fellwoship wise: 39 hours from which 35 guaranteed and 4 average from the reward chests
  • 2 spire levels both individual as fellwoship wise: 98 hours from which 90 guaranteed and 8 average from the reward chests
  • 3 spire levels both individual as fellwoship wise: 172 hours from which 165 guaranteed and 12 average from reward chests
you can add this the mystery chests which in most cases is at least 30-40 extra hours. sometimes less sometimes more.

The last part is the hard part, you would max this out at just 1120 points, but it does cost some diamonds to reach it and the end of the spire in that case is so close it's almost a crime not to make it. getting gold and that last tiny jump cost in total 50-100 diamons a week (25-75 to reach the second last waypoint) and it rewards 150+~56 = 206 diamonds

But if you are neither of the above, you'll be quite ok with just some guild activity in the tower for some boosters, some teleport spells (those are amazing) and some of the other goodies.

I'll guess over time we will see another shift in fellowship membership just as the tournaments did after a long while, to that the first 2 groups flock together and the remainders flocking together.

This creates the least amount of frustration at both groups