• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winning at combat

• Thread starter DeletedUser1989
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser43

I had a list much longer, but the system wouldn't let me post it because comments can only be so long.

You can try to tell all these customers to go jump in a lake, I just think it is dumb.

Sandy Schaub Rye · 1:57 The new battle system stinks imo. I've stopped battling as a lower level. I just can't win. :(

Andriy Senkov · 2:03 hej guys ! what happend with all of the unit :( i lost 15k paladins in tournament (tour 1-4) they win only 15 fights ...

Ruben Roeh · 3:53 Neither is easier or harder to understand, it's not rocket science. The new one is simply way harder to win...

Pauline Toner Sookes · 4:55 yes very unfair, do not do anymore battles either, can't possibly win or get anything

Jonathan C Ross · 6:20 I noticed that the new battle system is very hard for newer players. I play in all five worlds and have given up on battles and now just have to negotiate my way through provences.

Linda Morgan · 10:39 the new battle system is hard.ihave only won one since it started.

Yvan Pasco · 11:29 The members of my teams are like me, since the update of the battle system, we do not earn more or sporadically because of this we believe leaving the game.

Maria Conceição Ferreira Virgolino · 12:12 How to fight if our armies are minors? It gets hard to win

Michèle Robert · 12:50 It's become unplayable!

Vanessa MacLellan · 13:21 I was doing well in battles, then something changed and I lose everytime. The enemies squads are triple mine and I do no damage. Was this a change in the game? Did they level up somehow and I cant? It made the game no longer fun. I'm trying to just build my city because I can't do anything in a battle what so ever. My city is overcrowded so I can't upgrade stuff anymore, which again, makes it less fun. I just earned sword dancer II and am planning on researching larger squads next... but if this doesn't level me out with the enemy, I will probably quit. Their huge and sudden overpowering of me seemed inexplicable, arbitrary and takes away the fun.

Chris Petchey · 14:03 I agree with Vanessa MacLellan!!!!

Hermann Brunner · 14:09 I lose with all units from the elves, cannot win

Colin Freeth · 11:28 I hope you will take notice of the comments and not just ignore them,

Debi Nichols · 13:33 Love a lot of the new stuff but opposing armies are too large making it impossible to beat them at this stage

Flaure Lautre · 13:10 The provinces have become too difficult to obtain, between the fighting or the troops are too strong and the cost is too high! :(why??

Michel Moreira · 16:09 the battle system sucks now :(...failed!!

Jessica Gehrman · 17:09 The new battle strategy is terrible. My newest world, I was doing just fine then, BAM, I'm getting slaughtered. I can't even get past ascending magic. Especially since you put these, how many battles you win to advance. Also, whats in the chest is ridiculous. We can create that stuff. Or get them from guildies. Gems should be in those chest or something. But what are you doing for people who are just starting out. Something needs to be done about battles for beginners. It's just really bad!

Linda de Boer · 17:04 I have not won a battle since the update.. the enemy squadsizes are huge

Jesus San Millan Bujanda · 16:02 Hola from Spain. I think that the new actualizacion is making things difficult and boring, it takes ages to advance in the game, wihtour bying diamons, whih I am afraid is your aim.

Carole Waldner · 17:04 Why did they make the battles impossible to win, what incentive can come from it if you can never win a match? Are they going to make changes so we can finally battle again or is it futile to even try?

Cathy Ann Erickson · 19:42 battles seem to be a waste of our time now. Everyone in my fellowship feels the same. If this does not change everyone will stop playing.

Ivan Yosemiti · 20:40 Battle system after update is horrible.

Marianne Stok · 21:13 A lot of losses... where you used to be won.. It's not improved.

Linda Vidal · 19:51 I quit the battles. its costs too much supplies to train, and you lose them all when youj could be building or negotiating/trading with them

Dancea Ioana · 23:13 It should be a sistem to hyelp plauers not to destroy everything good that was before.
Dancea Ioana · 24:36 escuse me to say but in normal battle in p[rovince the defeat is sure it can not be win

Susan Bell · 23:14 If there are more enemies it is hard to win, Can you get it so we can get more units/

Ruben Huerta · 22:21 They have made the stink battles

Heather Shelton · 24:09 I liked the battles mindless. Now I just negotiate, which makes the game move very slowly since I am a low level player.

Paula Button · 24:27 i am uanable to win battles because of the size of the enemy units

Cathy Ann Erickson · 24:33 The troops are way out numbered and much much stronger; it is not even for us. You can not win!

Kate Moore Brooks · 24:55 As a city building game why are you spending so long on battling when trading is equally important -

Israel Church · 24:55 Enemy squad size is definitely a problem.

DeletedUser43

Sadly, I can't post all of this in one thread because there is simply too much information for the people who do not wish to ignore it all:

There just isn't that much room in these text boxes.

Luisa Simoes Keenan · 21:06 Yeah i have had it with the fighting. Went from winning 2 in 3 battles to loosing 3 in 3. Whatever you did... please undo it or make it interesting to play this game again. at this moment it is just another city builder game with pretty pictures

Fleur Gz · 25:12 automatically translated The battles became impossible!
We're getting slaughtered out here or the negotiations are asking too many resources.
Members of my fraternity are demotivated and have less want to play because of it...

Robert Archuleta · 25:16 why is it that everyone that I want to battle have so many more slots open than I do? I only have 5 slots open

Robin Smigielski-Springer · 25:26 How can it be fair when my army is against 1000s when I only have 500 on the battlefield.

Bea Castillo · 25:41 I prefer to do trades than fight for provinces but all provinces ive scouted require goblins I haven't unlocked goblins so I'm having a hard to reaching expansions will anything be done about this?

ZE KE · 25:13 when will you guys gonna fix the battle system issues? a week, 2 weeks or ?

Mike Moran · 25:48 Elvenar was a pleasant distraction in pretty world-building. The battles were engaging enough, but I played it as a necessary evil to gain expansions for the city. Not difficult, just pretty and fun. Now I need to strategize - but the game is just a background distraction during work. Battle strategies are for gaming at home. It's unfortunate that I'm losing interest. It's a lovely game.

Cami Milly · 26:27 when will you guys gonna fix the battle system issues?

Maria Conceição Ferreira Virgolino · 27:29 How do I continue to evolve if I don't have any more space will get opening esçapo in the game the next stage requires a lot of lives

Ruben Huerta · 28:03 The new battle system is very ingenious ... it is impressive to see how with only a small change have made people lose interest quickly ...

Lorraine Garland · 27:39 All lot of people are quitting the game because there is no way to win. I have conquered 239 provinces and am having a hard time understanding the new battle strategies. Some people are saying that I have scouted too far out from my city. Is this true?? Am I wasting my time??

Alice Kinnett · 28:39 I am so ready to quit playing, when i first started this game was fun, but now it is very boring. if you are not high level you cannot win any battles. NOT FUN

Rebecca Windsor · 28:46 I don't fight anymore as there is no point. The opposing armies have become too strong to beat and my armies have been weakened. WTF? The new mage/cleric is weak and useless

Rosana Leão · 24:24 And thus, more and more players are leaving the game, the system of battle that you invented is a desestimulo to players, a lot of people leaving, and those who are fully explain...... it's the end of elvenar.

Keith Neasloss · 29:17 Your losing lots of people. Need more expansions!!!!!!!

Jamer A. Mesa · 29:44 I cant win any fight after this upgrade

Jaka Golovec · 29:42 guys Elvenar will become FoE. Where you can't do anything but you still need to collect coins/supplies all the time just to slowly progress within research tree. Timon, Rike prove us wrong... and stop locking up gameplay with every "update" stop behave like false gods. You guys have no real perspective over the game. This isn't fantasy game anymore is all becoming one way or no way! Policing forums w/o independent moderation can mean admins can abusive their powers and block everybody that don't agree with their one way. Stop promising something and delivering something else... this is called a scam and you should be suited for things like that. Believe me you are not exception in game world. There are so many games that get away with not delivering content they shown in trailers or mentioned on forums.
I sent you so many proposition non were implement (wiki link still no right click) But this doesn't matter because wiki is not up-to-date anymore.

Timon promised reasonable stats for AWs... I proposed changes. Non were implement...

all the time i hear from support "we pass the suggestions etc." no feedback from that.

Support teams changes every month.
Stop deleting post that are telling the truth.
If you delete this post, you will just prove you are part of false dictators.

DeletedUser4417

ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated
Delusional much?
Me? No.

That is flat out false. In fact, there is a thread, started by YOU, that asks the devs to work on the level of fighting difficulty for the beginning players because the battles are way out of line for them. And I provided you pages and pages and pages of players comments of all levels saying how much battles are impossible for them to win.

Actually no, it's not actually. Yes, I did start a thread and indeed I did ask the devs to work on the battle mechanics for the beginning chapters. Along with that though there are beginning players that are able to battle and do so consistently in the beginning chapters. You provided comments from a live facebook feed. That is not saying what chapters they are in, how much or little they have scouted and or conquered etc. What we DO have in these forums is the advanced players that consistently cannot battle and why? BECAUSE due to the system as it is now, they have over-scouted and over-conquered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

That is not saying what chapters they are in, how much or little they have scouted and or conquered etc.

You provide zero evidence and ignore all evidence provided to you. There is no point in having any discussion with you.

What we DO have in these forums is the advanced players that consistently cannot battle and why?

We have the advanced players speaking up because you can't bully us like you are bullying all the other folks who are new to the forums giving feedback.

DeletedUser4417

You provide zero evidence and ignore all evidence provided to you. There is no point in having any discussion with you.
You mean 'lack of evidence that you provide, meanwhile the evidence is quite plentiful if one stops and looks at the game. Each successive Scouting tech DECREASES the amount of enemy troops faced, DECREASES the negotiation cost, DECREASES the scouting times and cost. Meanwhile, the further out one gets with scouts and battles, the times, cost and difficulty increase.

Pretty clear evidence there.

We have the advanced players speaking up because you can't bully us like you are bullying all the other folks who are new to the forums giving feedback.
Who is bullying? You don't like the facts and so you run around crying about 'bullying' and 'player bashing and blaming' when none of that has happened.. at all. What we have is the advanced players complaining. Are the middle of the game players complaining they cannot battle? Nope. Kinda curious that...

DeletedUser2963

@Lionsmane @Bobbykitty
From here on out, I am going to report both of you when you do this! You are BOTH OF YOU derailing every single thread on this forum! You walk in, toss out troll bait for fun, and someone always picks it up. Both of you have valuable information to contribute, but you are so busy poking the threads and each other that everything else is getting buried. Knock it off. And yes I know I will get an infraction for this post, I will take the hit and hope the mods will go through and take a look at what the two of you are doing!

DeletedUser4417

There are people winning at combat all the time, at ALL levels of the game, in all chapters, contrary to what you read here. The trick is to take your time, visit the forums and wiki and read. Don't be afraid to experiment and to lose troops.

The easiest way is to keep your scouts to under a days march. To keep your battle for provinces to just under what it takes to complete the requirement for the next chest unlock. This is unofficially what is considered the sweet spot and all but insures that your time is not wasted, that you don't pay overly for the effort that you are putting forth.

There are several evolving guides that can help you with battling. Also pay attention to the battle pentagon as now each troop type is strong against some troops and weaker against others. Form your own opinions on things. Just because a person(s) say(s) something is impossible, does not mean it is so.

Have fun!

DeletedUser3087

I am winning and losing depends on which ring you are in. I am near the end of chapter 5 and in rings 6, 7, and 8 in both my elf city and human city. Elf is 112/100 and human is 99/100. My SS is 366. Ring 6 I win, 7 is 50/50 and 8 i have to negotiate. Depends on the province type and picking the right troops. If one doesn't work I try a different combo and usually find the right one using Mykan's battle guide. My elf army is stronger then the human army since the human's don't have mortar II yet.

DeletedUser43

From here on out, I am going to report both of you when you do this! You are BOTH OF YOU derailing every single thread on this forum! You walk in, toss out troll bait for fun, and someone always picks it up. Both of you have valuable information to contribute, but you are so busy poking the threads and each other that everything else is getting buried. Knock it off. And yes I know I will get an infraction for this post, I will take the hit and hope the mods will go through and take a look at what the two of you are doing!

Funny how you don't say a word when he jumps all over the new people. You just let them all get run off by his lies. I am not ok with that. I never will be. We need new people in this forum and any time anyone gives their feedback, the only comment on that feedback should be THANK YOU.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You are BOTH OF YOU derailing every single thread on this forum!

Funny how you don't say a word when he jumps all over the new people. You just let them all get run off by his lies. I am not ok with that. I never will be. We need new people in this forum and any time anyone gives their feedback, the only comment on that feedback should be THANK YOU.
BOTH Bobbykitty, Iyapo said both. twice.

DeletedUser43

Calumny and lies are all I am attacking. Why aren't you?

Now this really is getting derailed. I'm out of here.

DeletedUser4818

"... switched from fighting/negotiating to just negotiating and am still powering through provinces. This concept of "over-scouting" needs to go away - it's what the game encourages and expects you to do! Someone playing the game who doesn't read the forums would have no idea that they were "over-scouting" and would just keep on playing thinking the battle design is borked.

I am at 49/30. I have been over-scouting since conception. I had no idea and thought it was part of the challenge. I am about to complete another 3 Providences and 97% negotiation. I was never able to successfully win battles due to over-scouting. This did not delay my progress one bit. It just made my resolve to negotiate from the start. I do not waste time looking at their army. I know I've negotiated what I could have won in battle, but asked myself why bother if most of the time I will lose. The few times I tried to battle was as experimentation and lost 17-20 tries. I tried different troops arrangements against the same enemy to no avail. I took it as their far more experienced troops playing with my "noobs". Even when I used what is supposed to be their weakness I ended just doing point damage and slaying none. I finally figured on my own there were many factors why I could not win, (i.e.rings, unit size, goods, etc.). What a waste of time :( Now, please do not get me wrong I had no plans to try again, but came across Mykans Guide. I will give the system another serious try, but I was as TheGreyman stated thinking the battle system was "borked"

PS: I have barely started researching Cobble Road and City Expansion 6 and 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1989

I for one will say I am not an expert combatant. And I do not think for the most part I should have to understand every nuance of a game to be able to win . I do agree it should not be a cakewalk either i dont want that and did see it before the switchover in some combats The opponents could not hurt my heavy combatants Give me some challenge. but dont make it impossible or I lose faith in the game and start looking elsewhere

What I had seen from the switch over was not a challenge it was one sided. - my opinion
I play RPG games as well (groans everywhere) and the one thing you see is where the person in charge starts to take things personally. As if somehow hitting 50000 points or 100 provinces whatever point mark in the game means the player is WINNING thus the developers must be LOSING

So tweak the system Make some things harder or increase the difficulty at certain levels if you need to slow players down
Revamping the entire system strongly in your favor does not make for happy players.

I wonder if they would ever release the stats- wins before the switchover vs wins now I am thinking only 10% of what it was -Best - probably not for the experts but for players in general.
I would think a 10% to 25% increase in losses would be something most players could have lived without all the angst, complaints and whining (me included)

DeletedUser1989

If I can add one thing into this. The negotiation is easier to grow with.
I currently have 2 expansions in both worlds I play in that are not placed. I don't need them yet
I remember when I first started the negotiation route I took 3 provinces in under 10 minutes
Boosted production kills them quickly especially if you have a well rounded fellowship to trade with
My expansion is happening more rapidly than I can build up other things in the spaces I already have (tournaments dont help) I am barely working the provinces right now
I have found it so much easier, but it comes back to I want that challenge.
I would rather fight through the provinces the way I was before even if it took longer - it was an aspect of the game i enjoyed

DeletedUser43

Revamping the entire system strongly in your favor does not make for happy players.

Sadly, it does not. My entire fellowship agrees with you. In fact, we lost 7-10 players when they changed this system. They just left the game. It was so sad to see them go. Some of them had been here since the game first started. We then merged with another fellowship who was also decimated by this. If you look at the Arendyll world top fellowships, you will see a lot of them are protesting this change and not buying any diamonds until it gets easier. I thought maybe they were hearing us, but with the last update they made our sorceresses even less powerful! And I don't know what happened with the tournaments this week. But yikes! The fights were impossible!

I wonder if they would ever release the stats- wins before the switchover vs wins now

A few of us tracked the tournament scores before and after. That gives you some idea of how things changed and the top scored dropped by 25% or so, but more importantly, a lot fewer players bothered at all and many had a lot lower score. This game has 22 servers and corresponding forums. If you look at players from all over the world on all the forums, people are so so unhappy. The complaints are dropping because more and more people are just giving up and walking away. I don't know why they would take away something that so many found enjoyable. It is sad. Go look at all those comments I posted. That was from one live session on facebook. My wrist got tired cutting and copying so many unhappy comments. That's a lot of sad players. :(

DeletedUser4417

@Aelfred

It does not take an expert at combat to be competent at it. It does however take a few things.
1) For the most part a person should not have over scouted. IE if their scouts are taking longer than a day to reach the target that is too long and they have over-scouted.
2) They should be in that zone of provinces that lays in between what it takes to unlock the current chapter they are in and what it takes to make it to the next chapter. This allows that they take full advantage of the Advanced Scouting Tech advance with the chapter they are in and that reduces scout times and costs, enemy squad numbers as well as negotiation costs. This means that it takes less to take the 8 encounters in a province and thus a player can do more with what they do have with less frustration, cost in resources and loss of troops and time.

DeletedUser1989

Well then i had never over scouted. Mine currently takes 7 hours worst and that is an increase because of my expansions
i think i was 5-6 before but then I was not specifically monitoring this as it was not an issue at the time
I have just started the dwarvish levels and am around 100 provinces in each world in fact one I had to complete 8 provinces to get to the 100 required to get in (the one I got 3 provinces in 10 minutes through negotiation)
So if I had to complete provinces just to get into the level I should not have been over scouted

I played the matches with opponents they suggested as well as tried most other combinations when that did not pan out.
Nothing seemed to work
I will try the fighting guide and see if that helps
If not I sell of my armories again and go back to playing negotiation
At least until it hits my boredom threshold, as there is no serious strategy in trading.

And then I consider pulling the plug for another game that requires me to use my brain rather than sitting back and seeing how much i can stockpile before i rip through a couple more provinces

The halloween tournament has kept me interested right now, but apparently they can't get that right either. If there is nothing happening that boredom threshold will come soon enough so I hope i can win some fights.

DeletedUser4818

I am at 49/30. I have been over-scouting since conception. I had no idea and thought it was part of the challenge. I am about to complete another 3 Providences and 97% negotiation. I was never able to successfully win battles due to over-scouting. This did not delay my progress one bit. It just made my resolve to negotiate from the start. I do not waste time looking at their army. I know I've negotiated what I could have won in battle, but asked myself why bother if most of the time I will lose. The few times I tried to battle was as experimentation and lost 17-20 tries. I tried different troops arrangements against the same enemy to no avail. I took it as their far more experienced troops playing with my "noobs". Even when I used what is supposed to be their weakness I ended just doing point damage and slaying none. I finally figured on my own there were many factors why I could not win, (i.e.rings, unit size, goods, etc.). What a waste of time :( Now, please do not get me wrong I had no plans to try again, but came across Mykans Guide. I will give the system another serious try, but I was as TheGreyman stated thinking the battle system was "borked"

PS: I have barely started researching Cobble Road and City Expansion 6 and 7.

UPDATE: I have since successfully won most of my battles that I attempted. I now analyze the enemy's strengths, and have fought from 1 to 1.75 (approx) with my losses in the latter. This has saved me (in game) a small sum of time and resources. Thank you @Mykan, @Bobbykitty, @SoggyShorts, and yes @Iyapo for the collective positive help and support shared in this forum. I will continue to read all of your threads. There are others I want to thank, but thought it best to keep the list small.

Status
Not open for further replies.