• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World Friendship Day - Tuesday July 30

Pheryll

Set Designer
Happy friendship day everyone!
The % supposedly apply to the increase in the amount of gems now offered from some standard package offered in the past or from the next smaller package. Probably a marketing idea.

Marindor stated that all offerings have a diamond value. The % off is merely the sale price of this offering (even though you cannot buy this without the sale). Some offerings are perpetually on sale, and larger packages are usually priced lower than the sum of their components, which make the percentages awkward as they tell the purchaser very little information.

Socrates28

Marindor stated that all offerings have a diamond value. The % off is merely the sale price of this offering (even though you cannot buy this without the sale). Some offerings are perpetually on sale, and larger packages are usually priced lower than the sum of their components, which make the percentages awkward as they tell the purchaser very little information.
You said it much better than I did. Well done!

Rayloff

Wow, Happy Friendship day..........To not include people that work during the day and actually include us in the Friendship day celebration is Soooooooooo friendly of Elvenar to do.......I got nothing....No deals...No Offers, Nothing, because I worked 9 hours from 8am to 430 pm PST........Ok yeah im butt hurt :(

DeletedUser12171

@Rayloff you didn't miss much. Just a couple of diamond discounts and an average special building. The 10 NH chests didn't even last for a whole 24h. Worst event in recent times imo. I'd rather it had not happened at all.

NightshadeCS

Wow, Happy Friendship day..........To not include people that work during the day and actually include us in the Friendship day celebration is Soooooooooo friendly of Elvenar to do.......I got nothing....No deals...No Offers, Nothing, because I worked 9 hours from 8am to 430 pm PST........Ok yeah im butt hurt :(

Yes, the time difference between us and Germany really can be a bummer sometimes. This is why I usually log in at least once in the morning. I just use my tablet while I am brushing my teeth or something of that nature. Keeps me abreast of anything unusual happening. :D:D

@Rayloff you didn't miss much. Just a couple of diamond discounts and an average special building. The 10 NH chests didn't even last for a whole 24h. Worst event in recent times imo. I'd rather it had not happened at all.

I wouldn't really call this an event. More like just a sale, with a little bonus.

And if you didn't get many chests, well, heck. What on earth will we do without a few more goods, KP, and enchantments? Personally, I might die. :p:p:p

DeletedUser12171

Yes, the time difference between us and Germany really can be a bummer sometimes.

time zone difference as the reason for the my missing out on the bonus chests be reasonable if it were true but here's what happened and here's what I think happened

What happened:
the timezone where I live at is GMT +8. The Friendship Day bonus started at 4 pm my local time, which is 10 am GMT +2. This is also the time where the daily decay happens for mana, sentient goods and seeds, i.e. this is the time where the server takes to be the "start" of a new day. My NH resets at 7:30 am the next day, my local time, which was another ~16 h from the time the Friendship Day started. However, when I got around to visiting, I only got 3 chests, no bonus at all.

What I think happened:
The bonus lasted only until the end of 30 July, GMT +2 (i.e. 14 h from the start of the event). Given my NH reset in ~16 h, I never got a chance at the bonus. That's stupid because first, it didn't even last a full day in its own timezone and second, it was barely 30 July when the event started for many people e.g. it was 1 am on the U.S. West Coast and just 3 pm when the event ended at midnight, 31 Jul GMT +2. How many people would have totally missed the chance on that? If it had even began on midnight, 30 Jul, GMT +2 and lasted a full day, many MORE people could have gotten a chance, since it would still be 3 pm, 29 Jul in U.S. West Coast, meaning people on the West Coast had a whole afternoon and evening to get the bonus and even those on EST would have gotten an entire evening. In my case, had I known that the bonus would have ended less than 24h after it started (yes, yes, they technically did no wrong, my comprehension of "for the day of 30 Jul" is sound), I'd have visited other map neighbors instead of waiting for my usual FS NH to reset. That said, it still doesn't exclude the possibility that I visit all neighbors possible and would have had no open neighbors to give NH to before the event was over.

What's the point of a U.S. server when nothing is U.S. about it other than the label? Numerous other online games have country-specific servers and the point is that events can be adjusted to the local time zone. The least they could do for a 1-day-only event like this one was to extend the time it was being offered for, taking into account the touted "U.S." localization of the server. I know missing out on NH chests is no biggie but how the whole thing went down was just stupid. Does no one have common sense in the dev team? This fiasco is so inane I can't even.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dopeykr

The % values dont correspond to KP instants since none are offered in the basic package which has the 15% indicator. And the Epic package has a bunch of instants worth more than 35, so the 35% thing seems to mean nothing.

I first thought it would be a building that offered a static +X% culture bonus which would be awesome and premium-worthy. Now that I see the stats for the building, I'm even more stumped as to what those could mean.
Could those % mean the same thing as the % that show up when you look at the diamonds purchases. That would mean that at the price you pay for just the structure, you saved 15% from what the structure would normally cost. So the other two offers would follow along that line of reasoning. After doing the math the normal price for the structure alone would be $11.75

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Could those % mean the same thing as the % that show up when you look at the diamonds purchases. That would mean that at the price you pay for just the structure, you saved 15% from what the structure would normally cost. So the other two offers would follow along that line of reasoning. After doing the math the normal price for the structure alone would be( $11.75

Not quite. Although you are receiving a discount, it is worded as a bonus for the price you pay. The diamond store shows these calculations accurately. The 37% bonus for the largest diamond pack is the amount of normal diamonds for that price +37% more, not paying 63% of the amount of diamonds for that price. So the normal price for the structure is $11.50 (15% more) not $11.75 (of which $10 is 85%).

What remains then is the question of how much the AW KP is worth. Go by the middle pack and after factoring the percent adjustment, you will have 4 AW KP going for $1 without the discount (normal price). Go by the large pack and after factoring the percent adjustment, you will have 4.28 AW KP going for $1 without the discount (normal price). This is one way of demonstrating that larger packs can (and often do) have within them a pricing that makes them a better deal than buying the parts individually (most of the time you cannot even purchase the parts individually). So the percentages correspond to a pricing structure which only the developers actually see, and the discounts are later applied.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Thank you @Pheryll I thought that might be the case. I suppose it was just wishful thinking on my part that the building would be +15% culture boost, which would make it an awesome premium-worthy building. In deals like this where that % doesn't make a lot of sense, they should probably just leave it out. It caused more confusion than it was worth.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you @Pheryll I thought that might be the case. I suppose it was just wishful thinking on my part that the building would be +15% culture boost, which would make it an awesome premium-worthy building. In deals like this where that % doesn't make a lot of sense, they should probably just leave it out. It caused more confusion than it was worth.

It still was not a bad building for end-game players, though not the best for pop or culture when compared to things like Venar's Rocks III or The Cozy Farm. It is also a shame that we could not buy it for diamonds we already had, instead of having to use money. the $10 US cost for just the building is 1200 diamonds, when bought without any bonus sale, and there is no diamond-cost building in the game that is that cheap while providing numbers that high. So if had been available for 1200-1500 diamonds, instead of just $10, I might have been tempted to get it.

By the way, when buying diamonds on mobile, the $10 purchase nets you 13% extra, the $20 purchase nets you 19% extra, and the $50 purchase nets you 36% extra. So the building packages did not accidentally copy over those percentages.