• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Worlds Becoming Unbalanced on Goods Production

Alram

Flippers just flip
Thank you for this! It is a happy thought but a completely unreasonable sacrifice. I am scroll boosted and have a love/hate with the library. I want the spell frags enough that I have 5 of the stupid things in my city!
It is a great set. I like the art too. I don't like it or the frags enough to wreck other players.

Iyapo1

I agree. I'm just one little player. My choices don't matter at all. 1000 of me? 10000 of me? At some point, solidarity matters.
I have to offer 3 star trades to get rid of my scrolls, it makes me salty, so I wont take them.
If there are 2 star trades offering the goods I want sitting next to 3 star trades offering the same goods, I take the 2 star every time or post my own 2 star.
I am tiny, so it makes no difference to anyone but me.
Edit: excluding cross tier and occasional mistakes.
2nd Edit: I guess it makes a difference to the 2 star traders I deal with, but still, tiny impact.

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I usually post 3 star trades and do it so my trades get taken quicker (so it is worth it IMO). It also makes me feel like I am helping another player so that is good too. I am a last chapter player though so have a fair amount of goods to share anyway. Being forced to offer 1.5 : 1 or 2 : 1 just to get a trade to go is a different story though.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm not getting rid of my library sets because I want the CC's they give since crafting something all the time is important to me. I also use the smaller buildings to supplement my mana and seeds. With the new Residue badge in the FA, I ran very low on CC's and time boosters. The Spire is a source for both of those, but mainly the time boosters. CC's are less prevalent in my direct Spire rewards. Obviously, looking at my inventory, I'm not flooding the market with the excess scrolls, either. I figure they're not hurting anything just sitting there growing larger... For my neighborhood, scrolls were already the most offered item in regular goods trading even before the Spire came out; it's just amplified to me when compared to my inventory.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Millions of each sentient good is pretty near impossible. I am clearly the most active trader on my world. I have gotten l platinum up to 1 milllion units or so ocasionally but then decay happens (as intended as there is little steel available by trade) to get millions of all is only possible for a player having completed all research with lots of AW to prevent decay. I don’t see it, but I do know a player that gathered over 1 million shrooms with production and appropriate AWs. Personally, I use the decay to alleviate the steel shortage in my fellowship. Production of steel is almost nil in my fellowship. I don’t see much point in playing my city once all research is completed.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I'm only in ch 4. I have every piece of the library except an endless scroll. I read the forum. It isn't fair to scroll boosted players. I CHOOSE to not place it in my city. It does hurt me. I'm ok with the pain. I only have 13000 spell fragments. I stand in solidarity with the scroll boosted players.
Unfortunately, if you want CC’s, you need all building types. I have zero desire for the Gum Tree building but I need it next to every Moonstone Library and it is efficient to optimize my manna plants. The sets need all the buildings by design.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Unfortunately, if you want CC’s, you need all building types. I have zero desire for the Gum Tree building but I need it next to every Moonstone Library and it is efficient to optimize my manna plants. The sets need all the buildings by design.
I'm doing alright. Spire for diamonds, mystical object for diamonds, I'm making lots of CC's.

Deleted User - 1178646

Unless they change all existing library sets this issue will never be solved.
The issue is now so bad it will take many years for enough existing buildings to phase out, en to "rebalance" the existing good, think in the 5-10 year range.

The only true issue is to change all existing buildings in some way or form to bonus +1, then it will take some months ot max a year for goods to "rebalance"

As long as existing sets keep producing scrolls the solution will be void.

Amsolutely amazing how they could screw this up this bad, the problem was identified and they were warned about it from the start.
It took them a year to accept the truth, A year of inactivity to solve it did more damage and is so out of control that it won't be easily solved.

Way to go.