• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Your chance to vote on how you feel about Fellowship Adventures!

DeletedUser

Hahaha oh, Loki, I mean Soggy, I know you're going to have fun shaping the minds of these padawans. ;)

Thank you for making me hear Tom Hiddleston's voice when I re-read Soggy's post. :D

I haven't bothered attempting the Fellowship Fiasco since the very first one, and none of my cohorts have bothered being available for them. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5917

I too LOVE the idea of a having a badge pool for the entire fellowship. As it is now, so many of the badges go to waste because the player isn't online when the badges they've created are needed, etc.

This one of the 3 (technical) reasons I will not be doing FAs in the future. I can't believe how many badges I was never able to place and then lost because I have RL responsibilities.

I seriously doubt I'll put my FS through this again . . . painful painful painful

I second that emotion! ;)

DeletedUser11000

This FA extremely difficult and required too many badges. The rewards are prizes from previous events, and not even useful for bigger players. Way too many resources for not enough reward. All the paths required 2-day badges, which are impossible for FS with small players or ones with not enough room for more than 1 set of tier 1 factories. This game was so unfair for small FS not willing to spend money. You need more time between events as well, back to back events drain you.

DeletedUser3392

I most commonly associate fun, enjoyment or words to that effect when I hear "game". While the graphics and a few minor control elements have seen positive attention over the past 18 months, the combat model has in my personal opinion so severely degraded I choose to completely shun participation in that facet, instead buying my way through provinces for expansion or tournaments. The staging of events has been compacted or layered in such a way as to present an appearance of requiring full-time participation to the exclusion of recognition for other demands on personal time. Those demands are typically work, school and family. The rewards offered are definitely not in proportion to those demands. At present, the game lacks the balance and enjoyment it once offered. Drudgery and tedium now come to the forefront of my thoughts associated with Elvenar. I no longer look forward to daily participation and have in ever increasing steps backed away from contributing to positive, engaging game activity.

Maz Mellor

I'm just going to chime in here, because, well, every voice makes the choir louder, right? My fellowship has taken part in all 3 Adventures so far, and finished in the top 30 each time. We all agreed that this one left a LOT to be desired, for the following reasons:
  • The KP instants were nice, but other than that, the prizes were super-lame. None of us wanted Traveling Merchants. Even a selection of other instants would have been more welcome.
  • The second and third stages were way too hard. Too many 24- and 48-hour productions. Just too much. When that many badges are required, and that much pre-planning, it gets stressful. Isn't this supposed to be fun?!
  • We missed the goods-contribution waypoints from the first two Adventures. Those offered an easy way for everyone in the group to contribute to every board, no matter their level or how much time they had to spend on the event. They got more people involved.
  • Relatedly, while the magic-item badges were a neat idea, it was way overdone. As soon as the tournament ended, it became excruciatingly difficult to produce those badges, and of course as the event progressed, more and more of them were needed.
  • We need more downtime between events. The Winter Event ended, then there was that other event (which I personally ignored because it was too soon and I didn't like the prizes), then the Adventure, and now another event coming...?! Have mercy!
I hope you will listen to this feedback, Inno, because I am a person who enjoys the Adventures, leading a fellowship that historically has also enjoyed the Adventures, and I am telling you: this was a step in the wrong direction. Maybe you want people to spend more money to buy diamonds, and I get that; you're a business. But you know what? I don't think people are going to be more inspired to buy diamonds when they're cranky, stressed out, frustrated, and also aware that they are being manipulated into buying diamonds. My observation was that people were more interested in spending money on past Adventures, when everyone was having fun and felt like (a) the goals were attainable and (b) the rewards were worthwhile.

christyb399

Didn't even really try this time! To much for so little! And now may not be able to play new guest race since they didn't add a line of expansions. :(

Laochra

My Fellowships have participated in all three FAs (1st time for Archadian Resistance since FS began). We mainly participated this time because we had some newer members who had not had the opportunity.
In FAII, The Brothers' Grimm finished all 3 stages & placed 39th. This time we placed 10th, but did not finish Stage 3, because of the excessive demands. It was nice that our ranking improved, but we preferred being able to finish the event over the ranking.
In fact, in FAII, Knights of Dalmasca & The Mid-Knight Clandestines also captured the stage 3 flag. We were more proud of the completion than we were of our ranking.
For FAIII, KoD finished 38th, but did not finish Stage 3. The Clandestines finished 43rd, but did not finish Stage 3.
Many of my newer members were eager to win the Traveling Merchants, so just as in previous FAs, the Stage prizes were more important than the rankings of each FS.
What to fix in this broken event:

1. Frequency: Occurs too frequently. More interest would be gained if it were at least every other month-with no other events in that same month.

2. Badge pool: My FS have the benefit of having an awesome statistician who creates amazing interactive spreadsheets for the FA. Ideally, it would be best for all participants to have the frequently requested Badge Pool. An icon where all completed badges would be & can be accessed by AM or Mages to deposit wherever & whenever they are needed.
3. Drop-down box: Please, can we get this??? It makes so much more sense to have a couple of drop-down boxes to select which TaskMaster we need for the jobs we want to complete. When running 5 Diamond Necklaces at one time, it would be much less tedious to have the drop-down boxes-even if we had to select that job for each individual collection.
4. Stage 3 overhaul: When we previously asked for a Stage 3 overhaul because the factory goods demands were excessive, we didn't mean switch from excessive to impossible. I think for the orange path this time around, we counted 482 badges(?)!!! for one path!
5. Prizes: Prizes must be commensurate with the work demanded-period.

***If the FA is not repaired, Inno may find that no one is willing to participate anymore.

Now can you send me his fangirls?:p
Only if you can sound like him! :p

LayDHawk

half of our fellowship didnt even participate... that was unfortunate. their claim was the prizes weren't good enough. instants would be great or even something different. oh well maybe next time :)

DeletedUser7573

We have a small fellowship of 9 members. We tested the FA to see how far we could go. We did not think we'd get far, honestly. But we finished in the top #20 with 2 stars. The longer runs - 1d 2d goods, and 1d workshops were our hangup. But we did alright.I think it was alright. I'm glad the supplies and coin donation quests were scrapped and new ones in their places. I think it was good and challenging.

DeletedUser6547

Most likely not playing further FAs with the really high requirements. No way to clear more than 1 path with how each FA has all these badges and "DOES NOT SPEAK" to anyone coordinating. Instead these silent players add to the unsaid path and wreck the easy wins. What should be done is said coordinator(s) should have a pool of all badges and place them themselves. They can't favor 1 player's items so each who made gets at least 1 item each as the pool is used. I changed FS after the 2nd an this 3rd one was 4-6 who spoke and 12+ were making. 2 of them especially never followed one email or post on the feed. With so much unsaid I had focused so hard making stuff with a large area dedicated. If not for the pit I had enough to clear early areas. Sadly 10 statues never used as no one claimed and 3 others did make them!!! Maybe more from others remain. We could have made 2 paths on map 3 if the above were done instead of letting randomness happen.
On the quest line, should be able to make a in game drop down list. Drop down after collecting say 5 breads for instance, it shows the baker badge up 5/20. If you collect something else using those breads it would be deducted. You have this drop down for the app on phones so the main game should be similar coding.
That magical manufacturing quest should have a spot on tournies too. Maybe not as much as the PoP or EE, but a chance to help those with a whole day make in their academies. I play a maxed and level 2 academy so it really sucked for the lower player. Not even the level 2 PoP or EE could be made at a decent rate to help unless spamming tournies. Only the maxed academy had that ups running.
Another pointer to the coordinator: In their ability to use everyone's items on the paths, even those with super busy real lives could just make and still be included in earning prizes.
As everyone says the prizes just Fing sucks!!!(Qouting Tango and Cash) KP is nice but an incentive per finished spot like reductions would entice us to move the paths and partake.

Risen Malchiah

Regarding the badge pool idea:

I also like this idea, but I see 2 major issues. One is related to Inno's interests and one relates to our own.

First, Inno would need a way to maintain the diamond option or the idea will never even be considered. Even if you loathe the whole idea of spending diamonds on FA, that aspect of the event is important enough to Inno that it's not going away. We would need to present a viable alternative diamond option to go along with the badge pool concept. If all badges go into a pool that is allocated by the archmage or mages, surely they won't want the sole burden of spending diamonds to fill in for a missing badge. If players themselves can simply create any badge using diamonds, that may work but players may not be interested in using diamonds to create a badge that will be controlled by someone else.

Second, as a very active player, I will often have more badges than necessary for a particular path. Sometimes, I will continue to make badges but will purposely not place them to make sure others have a chance to place a badge. This is especially important now that there are no pay goods options for players to put 1 marble in to be credited for that stage. But if it were in a pool, my badges might all be placed immediately. A few active players could end up finishing the first stage before others have even logged in to participate. If the badge pool concept were implemented, what would prevent this?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Risen Malchiah
The diamond problem is a significant one.
The issue of getting credit would be solved by simply being counted as a contributor when you put a badge in the bank/pool, and not when it is placed on the map.

DeletedUser3689

Worst yet! Way too much commitment and resources for way too small a reward. The quest cycling really needs improvement. It's cumbersome, awkward, and error-prone. Harvesting more than one of the same badge is a real drag. The huge number of 2 day builds is quite difficult to coordinate in the real world, where people are on once or twice a day, and not really interested in migrating over to secondary sites, filling in spreadsheets, etc. - especially to win a handful of KPs they could easily buy for coins without all the fuss and bother. It's a nice idea, but it definitely needs to evolve.

DeletedUser10415

the rewards are clearly out of touch with the effort.

SoggyShorts

the rewards are clearly out of touch with the effort.
I'm not so sure about that.
Players seemed to feel that the original mini event where Menhirok's Barrow was the reward was worth it, and doing 1/25 of the FA badges is very comparable to those quests. (also the FA gives 80 KP on top)

Laochra

Didn't you get rewards for each task that was completed in the Menhirok event? (I hadn't started playing yet), whereas the FA does not do that.
How many tasks were in the Menhirok event & has anyone ever added up all those rewards for each task to see how much each participant would get if they completed the event? Even if you didn't finish it-you still got something for your efforts. In my new human city I was playing solo when the Valentine's event began. I didn't think I could finish it, but I played it anyway, just to get the rewards for each task I completed.
The FA is all or nothing. Give up your relics, coins & factory goods and hope that you make it to the flag or it's all for naught.

SoggyShorts

Didn't you get rewards for each task that was completed in the Menhirok event? (
a total of 4 spells, 9 relics and 5 KP for completing all tasks. (and the building)
How many tasks were in the Menhirok event
Here is a side by side comparrison assuming a 25 player FS
delete.png

The FA is all or nothing.
Kinda. I mean stage 1 only asks for each FS member to make 3 badges, pay 6 relics, and pay 4,000 goods . The reward for that is pretty decent considering the effort required.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4463

the FA is boring in the extreme, but I have to take part for the team, though hating it at every step specially the cycling part.
What could b really exciting would b an event to build or design settlement or event buildings, there is this vast pool of players who want a better game
for a few fellowships cornering most rewards, again a simple solution is to change the rules wrt fellowships, and not allow say more than 3/25 players with scores exceeding 200000 pts(Pl c my forum post wrt fellowships). The greatest advantage of senior players being distributed among greater number of fellowships goes to the beginners, and obviously to the
game because more such beginners r then likely to remain with the game