• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If this was the first time they have ever changed the game or if they always broadcasted the changes ingame, I'd agree. But it is not. The game is always changing and they don't communicate them in game ahead of time. Everyone playing this more than a few months should know that. It is still their choice to see the changes when they go live or go looking for the changes ahead of time. Therefore, there ignorance is their own fault and thus not an excuse. .
There are many changes that do not have a large, negative, impact on players. This is not that kind of change.

There has not been a significant nerf since last summer, and that was the first one since I started playing nearly two years ago. Anyone who started in the last ten months hasn't seen any noticeable nerf of any kind. Anyone who didn't have the lighthouse/library AW hasn't seen a significant nerf in at least two years, if ever. It is patently misleading to claim that the majority of players should expect unannounced reductions in their inventory. The majority of active players have never had a building that was nerfed prior to this.

DeletedUser15113

Each time the dev's make it so I loose when they do a update over 3,000 population lost over 2600 culture lost . NO MORE MONEY from me ! Why would I spend money in a game that keeps changing rules after I paid for things . Already sent my group a message that I will most likely be retiring from the game after 3 years . This is the worst update yet ! If this stay's this way I will have to find a archmage to take over my group or disband as many of my members are moving to a new game as a lot of us like to chat and chat really never works here anymore .

But the easiest way to fix this is the spend money and buy some premium buildings! Will solve your problem in no time! :rolleyes::D:confused:;)

(Being totally sarcastic and not really suggesting to spend more money)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is a fair statement. I'd wager the ones that take pride in playing 'spoiler free' don't come to the forums and complain there were no spoilers.
Please lets not pretend that "spoilers" and "negative balancing changes" are in any way related to each other.

There are pleasant and interesting surprises that have a greater impact if you don't know they are cooking, and there are things that paralyze your game-play and don't allow you to progress until you tear stuff out and replace it.

Coming home from vacation to a fresh paint job is not like coming home from vacation to find the garage burned down the day after you left.

persona1

The relevance is: This has been discussed on these live forums since April 26th. Many of us carried that information back to our fellowships and have been working on strategies to mitigate the damage for weeks now.
I understand that many players choose not to even come to these forums for information, never mind make the effort to read the beta forums themselves (which does not require you to play in beta); but I find it unfair of those players to then come to the forums and claim there was no advance notice. Personally, I find it odd that Fellowships don't have at least one member who takes on the role of 'information gatherer' for planned game updates and changes. Gathering that data is much simpler than gathering the spoiler data on event quests and such and could even be rotated between members. Again, those players don't have to participate in the forums, just gather information.
I come to game to play to relax so now we need to spend more time reading more and more re your changes in game the fault is inno's they should of had a solution ready to implement soon as the changes took place not make us wait while our game is now on hold as we are minus everything needed to grow, we won these builds and now you take it away its shabby at best

DeletedUser4601

We are ALL LIVID !!!
We have lost population, and supplies due to this reorg. Some have love MONEY due to spending diamonds
during the FA, to get what we needed. This is FRAUD !! Plain and simple. You stole from us you took what
we EARNED or BOUGHT fair and square. No announcement, no warning, nothing to tell us you were doing it
so we could prepare. We know you can't keep up with the growing demand of this game and we know
you do things to slow us done. Things that hurt the players but this is the most dishonest and disrespectful
then you have done yet. And again this is FRAUD, it is STEALING, it is unlawful even for a business which
is what you are a business and we are the customers.

This is so not right !!! And you are no better then the thief that steals from his customers.
This will be reported to the authorities. and the BBB. and anyone else we can find that will make you do
what is right for your customers.

and we will NOT SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON THIS GAME SINCE YOU STOLE FROM US WHAT
WE HAD ALREADY PURCHASED. !!!!

Update, Thank you for destroying 2 of my fellowships we have had members totally quit
because if this stupidity

POOR BUSINESS CONDUCT !! POOR JUDGMENT !! POOR LEADERSHIP !!
ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN YOU BUSINESS AND A GAME PEOPLE ENJOY ??????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3468

That is how the system works now. Based on the number of people that are still surprised does point to a broken system though. It would be more productive for people to suggest how to fix the broken system, such as they should start releasing most of the release notes ahead of time in game. Instead of just saying this sucks...

While I don't agree with everything in your post, I do agree with this portion of it. This is a sign that the system is broken, that perhaps this sort of change should be announced in game in the Elvenar News section and not with just a vague mention and a link to the forum article which people who don't visit the forum will simply ignore. Something on the order of "Please be aware that the update may change the culture and/or population amounts of earlier Event buildings." along with the notice to read about the update at the link. *shrug*

DeletedUser4601

We are ALL LIVID !!!
We have lost population, and supplies due to this reorg. Some have love MONEY due to spending diamonds
during the FA, to get what we needed. This is FRAUD !! Plain and simple. You stole from us you took what
we EARNED or BOUGHT fair and square. No announcement, no warning, nothing to tell us you were doing it
so we could prepare. We know you can't keep up with the growing demand of this game and we know
you do things to slow us done. Things that hurt the players but this is the most dishonest and disrespectful
then you have done yet. And again this is FRAUD, it is STEALING, it is unlawful even for a business which
is what you are a business and we are the customers.

This is so not right !!! And you are no better then the thief that steals from his customers.
This will be reported to the authorities. and the BBB. and anyone else we can find that will make you do
what is right for your customers.

and we will NOT SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON THIS GAME SINCE YOU STOLE FROM US WHAT
WE HAD ALREADY PURCHASED. !!!!

Oh and buy the way for all who are reading this, this is not the first time they have done this so be aware.
and don't play any of the Fellowship Adventures.

DeletedUser15113

There has not been a significant nerf since last summer, and that was the first one since I started playing nearly two years ago. Anyone who started in the last ten months hasn't seen any noticeable nerf of any kind. Anyone who didn't have the lighthouse/library AW hasn't seen a significant nerf in at least two years, if ever. It is patently misleading to claim that the majority of players should expect unannounced reductions in their inventory. The majority of active players have never had a building that was nerfed prior to this.

The changes were only unannounced in game. The information was out for whomever wanted to find it. The type of change and its magnitude is not relevant. The fact is the game changes. I'm not disagreeing that the communication system isn't broken, but people should all know that and the work around (ie going and getting the info yourself). Nor am I saying they shouldnt be upset by the change, just it didn't have to be a surprise.

I will have to disagree on not seeing a major nerf though. The wonder KP change was a MAJOR nerf for me. I only have the wonder tech to unlock and I'll be out of the dwarven chapter after only 5 months. I supplemented probably 70% my tech advances with KP from wonders. That is now gone. I my progress has been nerfed majorly! But, I did see that coming and got as far as I could before it hit because I sought out the i formation.

WolfSinger

I beg to differ, there is no reason they had to nerf the buildings without the spell, they give no reason why they had to do this now, when there is no spell in sight. they could have tested the nerf on beta and then gave the spell on beta to test, then brought it all out on live at the same time, they don't even have a date that the spells will be released and it isn't out on beta yet. I don't think we will see it for months, so why the hurry to nerf everything.

But that's the thing. Inno has this stupid idea that anything that is tested on Beta HAS to be released 1-2 weeks later on LIVE. Beta is NOT used as a true testing environment. If it was - INNO wouldn't so stuck on updates having to be released on a schedule that seems to be written in STONE. They would work on updates, release on Beta - put them through a thorough testing. Evaluate the comments and issues that arise, tweak those updates as needed, re-release for another shorter test and then and only then (if ready) release to the live servers,

But no it has to happen on a hard and set in stone schedule and they don't care what the effect on the players is.

DeletedUser17825

The rationale used for this "rebalancing" is lame. There were tons of buildings no longer available when I joined the game 2 years ago. So what? To assert it would be unfair to new players is to then, also disregard what was unfair to older players. Your list of affected buildings includes a hell of a lot of buildings that I and others in my fellowship own. I lost 1345 population this morning. It is stupid. You alienate players who not only have been your core for years, but who have spent actual real money to play. This is a huge mistake. If you don't correct this, and I don't mean by promising to issue a spell in some later update, you have done nothing but create a strong disincentive to play at all. You developers suck, and you were too cowardly to even make an in-game announcement. May you fry in hell

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I play this game for the fun of it, not to be some over-competitive asshat who has to know everything before it happens. I think this is the first time I have even looked at the forums, or even logged in to post anything, in well over six months. I think the last time I was here was to find out about their previous stupid alteration of buildings from event buildings providing bonus supplies to providing goods. I got very lucky and did not go negative in either population or culture, barely, but I feel really sorry for the probably 90-95% of players who never come to the forums and have nothing to do with the beta stuff.

DeletedUser17825

The relevance is that to complain about not having the knowledge that it was coming because of not being on the Beta Forum is a completely moot point. The information that this was coming has been on this forum pinned to the top since April 26. There is also a link to the Beta Forum that anybody here could have clicked on. If you don't follow the forum then how would you know what is common knowledge here that it is coming?

You must have way more free time to read through forum comments than I do. This is not a competitive game, there are no winners, but apparently there are now losers. I log in to build my little city in peace, I don't hang out all day playing beta versions and having 7 cities. I have played other Innogames in the past, and quit... because of stupid shit like this. This was the final refuge... and then not only do we get the rug pulled out from beneath us, but we have to read smarmy comments from dummies who have nothing else to do all day but play games and act like... "Hey... I knew because it was posted in beta 2 weeks ago". Whoop de doo, smart ass

DeletedUser17825

I don't mean to be condescending, and but I put it to you to answer the "how"? If not this way, then how? Here is the state of play:
1. Inno made some buildings that are "too powerful" compared to equivalent buildings (mainly Glossy Gardens and Winter Stars vs current event buildings).
2. Players want the ability to upgrade event buildings (this has been an overwhelming request).
3. Upgrading Glossy Gardens/Winter Stars/etc. would worsen the "overpowered" problem.
4. The "overpowered" buildings need to be brought down in strength to accomodate #2.

So what better alternative does Inno have?
They could have 2 versions of each overpowered building I suppose. So that your Ch. 5 Garden, and my Ch. 5 Garden which I upgraded from Ch. 4 have different values. Seems hard to do programming-wise, and very clunky.
They could have given everyone an upgrade spell immediately. That would have been nice, but it seems like there's a reason Inno hasn't done that yet (and the reason cynically just might be a cash grab).
Or they could do something else? But I don't see how people expect Inno to square #1 and #2 without breaking a few eggs, so to speak.

It is more than possible to simply have those "over-powerful" buildings NOT BE UPGRADEABLE... it's just some code, some simple damn code. I'm guessing you chose your player name for a reason... you ARE tedious

DeletedUser9934

... Inno, your revenue was 161 million Euros 2017 (and close to 200 last year with a sustained 24% increase) ...

For some reason I am already in 2019... The 200 million Euros is the estimate for this year.

On a more serious note, I urge everyone to read through the "General Terms and Conditions" or GTC. Nowhere I can see that Innogames give themselves the right to change the function of placed virtual buildings. Read here:

https://legal.innogames.com/portal/en/agb

DeletedUser17825

As several others have said, I am trying to get my thoughts around why a downgrade has to happen without a firm date and specific details about options the developers have communicated would be coming to help correct the downgrade.

I have mentioned a similar topic like this before and was told "it has never happened (communication) like that before, why should you expect / be entitled to it now"

Simple reason .. I given something I value to somebody else for something that has value to me and made plans / decisions / developed ideas and play styles around that exchange. If the rules are changed mid-stream WITHOUT having a clear explanation of what planned changes are coming and more importantly when they are being rolled out, that is a significant breach of trust to me == leading me to strongly reconsider any future exchanges of value.

I would guess that I'm in a situation much more common across the player base than JPS and others who talk about spending hundreds of dollars on a regular basis to upgrade what they already have. I have bought 2 diamond packages when I thought they were a good value == and because I follow forum posts regularly and ask a lot of questions, I made an informed choice to spend those diamonds on parts of the game that were not likely to change (builder hut upgrade / Magic Academy upgrade / expansion plots).

Also because I try to stay up to speed through reading the forums information, I had been beavering away at a workaround to this situation for some time == managed to get all of the upgrades I had earmarked as 'must have these' without tearing anything out yet. Doesn't leave me much flexibility at the moment unless I do tear things out for rearranging and making better use of space / more effective buildings. I don't know how others with either a) less available play time, b) less desire to put effort into making plans for gaming play, or c) less ability or desire to buy a few diamonds to add more expansion plots / upgrades.

Saying goes .. Happens once, shame on me .. happens twice shame on you. This is the second time (more actually . wonders were changed, though I have been told they are now better than before, that happened before I started doing wonders) a significant change like this has happened while I have been playing a game that I have come to enjoy and have in the past, paid money to play.

I chose not to take advantage of the most recent diamond bonus I was offered (another at 100%) because of this prior perceived breach of trust.
That is $50 that the accounting side of the development team didn't receive, just from my one city and one account.
Multiply that by even 10% of players with my similar playing / spending style and that is likely a significant number.

Actually the saying is, "Fool me once, shame on YOU... fool me twice, shame on ME". Just saying, otherwise, I think i agree with what you have said

DeletedUser9601

It is more than possible to simply have those "over-powerful" buildings NOT BE UPGRADEABLE... it's just some code, some simple damn code. I'm guessing you chose your player name for a reason... you ARE tedious
Are you a game programmer? What makes you think its simple?
Plus, you don't think there wouldn't be the same backlash if people worked SO HARD for their building upgrade spells, then got told that they could only upgrade certain buildings?

DeletedUser14403

People in my FS are thinking about quitting over this. One person lost 9k population. I lost 2800 personally as well as a boat load of culture. Yes spending money seems to fix this as I see we are getting one free spell. Yay, one free one. What about those people that spent to get those adventure buildings. Do we or they get a larger amount spells because we spent money. Doubt. They can be assured I will never spend another dime on this game. If I get to a point where I need to, then I move on to something else. It is crappy at best to change something that many people depended on. Several in FS are negative culture and pop now. I know they have the right to change the game, does not mean I need to support them anymore in anyway shape or form. they are akin to the sharp points on the end of a cactus, a bunch of pricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17825

Are you a game programmer? What makes you think its simple?
Plus, you don't think there wouldn't be the same backlash if people worked SO HARD for their building upgrade spells, then got told that they could only upgrade certain buildings?

I think the FAIR thing to do is to initiate change MOVING FORWARD. There is no need to change existing buildings at all. And, yes... that code is simple to write, hell, it could be written in code from 1989