• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser7686

If I hadn't progressed in a year, it probably means I'm not playing very much.
You realize of course that this is a gross assumption on your part. Without getting into too much detail, because I want to maximize my Tournaments I advance my Chapters slowly while focusing instead on advancing my Military Wonders.

You mistake advancing in Chapter for advancing your City. They are hardly synonymous.

persona1

wtf... this is sick, you cant change something that was already there... if you think its not good then next time think before you set new building. i went from quite some culture to minus culture because devs changed stats from event buldings... You just got yourself a lot of minus points.
This is bul......
It is [-] all of us thats been here a long time and support Inno are now being SHAFTED big time and now being told to wait .....so our game goes on hold while you take your time before implementing any changes you should of had a solution in place first .....before making any changes ...............

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Not sure the relevance, as if a huge amount of folks have only found out in the last 24 hours....even if a post was in April the comments are from the last 24 hours 17th May 2018, just incase of confusement.
The relevance is: This has been discussed on these live forums since April 26th. Many of us carried that information back to our fellowships and have been working on strategies to mitigate the damage for weeks now.
I understand that many players choose not to even come to these forums for information, never mind make the effort to read the beta forums themselves (which does not require you to play in beta); but I find it unfair of those players to then come to the forums and claim there was no advance notice. Personally, I find it odd that Fellowships don't have at least one member who takes on the role of 'information gatherer' for planned game updates and changes. Gathering that data is much simpler than gathering the spoiler data on event quests and such and could even be rotated between members. Again, those players don't have to participate in the forums, just gather information.

DeletedUser9601

You realize of course that this is a gross assumption on your part.
In your post, you asked "how would you feel..." I responded with how I would feel. I assume nothing. I didn't say that's how people should feel, or people who feel differently are wrong.
Don't ascribe any malice to me. Very rude.

DeletedUser9601

Personally, I find it odd that Fellowships don't have at least one member who takes on the role of 'information gatherer' for planned game updates and changes. Gathering that data is much simpler than gathering the spoiler data on event quests and such and could even be rotated between members.
Amen. Somehow everyone is able to track down event quest lists beforehand, and know exactly when the FAs are going to start without "following the forums." But when nerfing changes come down the pipe, its all this stuff...

kctanzen

As several others have said, I am trying to get my thoughts around why a downgrade has to happen without a firm date and specific details about options the developers have communicated would be coming to help correct the downgrade.

I have mentioned a similar topic like this before and was told "it has never happened (communication) like that before, why should you expect / be entitled to it now"

Simple reason .. I given something I value to somebody else for something that has value to me and made plans / decisions / developed ideas and play styles around that exchange. If the rules are changed mid-stream WITHOUT having a clear explanation of what planned changes are coming and more importantly when they are being rolled out, that is a significant breach of trust to me == leading me to strongly reconsider any future exchanges of value.

I would guess that I'm in a situation much more common across the player base than JPS and others who talk about spending hundreds of dollars on a regular basis to upgrade what they already have. I have bought 2 diamond packages when I thought they were a good value == and because I follow forum posts regularly and ask a lot of questions, I made an informed choice to spend those diamonds on parts of the game that were not likely to change (builder hut upgrade / Magic Academy upgrade / expansion plots).

Also because I try to stay up to speed through reading the forums information, I had been beavering away at a workaround to this situation for some time == managed to get all of the upgrades I had earmarked as 'must have these' without tearing anything out yet. Doesn't leave me much flexibility at the moment unless I do tear things out for rearranging and making better use of space / more effective buildings. I don't know how others with either a) less available play time, b) less desire to put effort into making plans for gaming play, or c) less ability or desire to buy a few diamonds to add more expansion plots / upgrades.

Saying goes .. Happens once, shame on me .. happens twice shame on you. This is the second time (more actually . wonders were changed, though I have been told they are now better than before, that happened before I started doing wonders) a significant change like this has happened while I have been playing a game that I have come to enjoy and have in the past, paid money to play.

I chose not to take advantage of the most recent diamond bonus I was offered (another at 100%) because of this prior perceived breach of trust.
That is $50 that the accounting side of the development team didn't receive, just from my one city and one account.
Multiply that by even 10% of players with my similar playing / spending style and that is likely a significant number.

DeletedUser15113

I have a funny feeling that this change will stop all those posts I've read when new event comes out and people say they're doing it because the prize isn't as good as X that I won in event Y....

I started playing in late January, so I actually missed the last "good" event buildings. Which means I wasn't really affected much. My Lava Codex gained 10 culture and my silver unicorn lost 10 culture (or visa versa can't really remember). My biggest issue is I'd work so hard for one of these event buildings but then I'd move on to the next chapter and it was just ok, By the next chapter it was junk. Glad to hear they're allowing to upgrade them! I really hope it is easier to get that Royal Spell then having to win the 10th chest though. There are a lot of event buildings out there....

As far as being surprised, people need to calm down. As a wise person once said, "Knowing is half the battle!" (Go Joe!) Then there is also the old saying, "ignorance is no excuse!". I've only been playing for 5 months and I've already learned this game is just like every other on-line game. It has constant re-balancing!! Everyone playing this game should know it will change. There's an update almost every other week! A person may not always like the change, but no one should be surprised by it. Even if they don't go to the forums, there are more places that have this information. GemsofKnowledges has had this up for at least a month. Even with a list showing the building changes (only reason I know my codex and unicorn changed). Yes, we all have lives outside of the game. But it seriously takes less than 5 minutes to check one of these sites so you know what is coming (even just once a weeks is enough). If you're playing an ever changing game and don't take the few minutes to see what the upcoming changes are then it is your choice for choosing not to be informed.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@Ashrem I also really liked the glossy gardens :) They were one of the things I pouted over when I had to sell them off :( At least there have been some really nice newer ones since then :cool:
There have, but it actually makes my frustration worse. There were a number of buildings in the squirrel event, and again for Winter that I could have chosen to go for to replace my glossy gardens, but 1) I love the look of the glossy gardens, and 2) I didnèt need to replace them because they were good enough. Now they are not good enough, but it's too late to go back and pick different prizes for those two events. I spent almost all of my essences on buildings to boost my military, which I appreciated well enough, but I had to make that decision based on information that is no longer valid. It feels like going into the furniture store picking your new furniture, then six months later they drop by and say this will be too expensive to fix if you decide you need warranty work in the future, so we're replacing the upholstery with a different colour whether you like it or not.

The idea that they couldn't put in ugrades without altering those buildings is completely false. It would have been trivial to make different version of the underlying mechanics that used the same art but have a different id-number in the game, then people who wanted to upgrade could apply the spell and have their building turn into the new id with appropriate stats. It was entirely unnecessary to modify the existing inventory.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then there is also the old saying, "ignorance is no excuse!".
That may be unique to your area, since I have never heard any such saying in my life. There is, on the other hand, a part of our modern social contract which expects that all members of society will make themselves aware of the law, and as such, it is held that "ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it." That maxim has nothing to do with a game where the developers know that far more than half of the players will not beware of a change until it happens, regardless of how much discussion there is on the beta forums, because reading the forums is not a requirement for playing the game. to extend such a state to the game would require that they should either require players to check the forums as a condition of playing, or communicate impactful changes in game. The only way for players to know this was coming was for they, or someone close to them, to check the beta forums carefully, or read a single thread called "spoilers..."

The claim that "ignorance is no excuse" is 100% false in relation to this and it is quite a rude claim to make.

Amen. Somehow everyone is able to track down event quest lists beforehand, and know exactly when the FAs are going to start without "following the forums." But when nerfing changes come down the pipe, its all this stuff...
That's not true. Lots of people play without ever looking at event quest lists, and lots even take pride in not doing so

Suki14

The relevance is: This has been discussed on these live forums since April 26th. Many of us carried that information back to our fellowships and have been working on strategies to mitigate the damage for weeks now.
I understand that many players choose not to even come to these forums for information, never mind make the effort to read the beta forums themselves (which does not require you to play in beta); but I find it unfair of those players to then come to the forums and claim there was no advance notice. Personally, I find it odd that Fellowships don't have at least one member who takes on the role of 'information gatherer' for planned game updates and changes. Gathering that data is much simpler than gathering the spoiler data on event quests and such and could even be rotated between members. Again, those players don't have to participate in the forums, just gather information.
I wonder if it could be that we don't all play the same way ... thank goodness the boot is not on the other foot ... or maybe it would be easier because I haven't been rude to anyone, or derogatory about their gameplay, so if the boot was on the other foot ... others would have a gentler time. No doubt this comment will be ridiculed lol, thank goodness I have found my sense of humor, as the amount of sarcastic could have destroyed a lesser mortal lol. I guess someone will now try, how sad the human race has become and how absurd that we all have to be consumed by beta and be just another brick inno wall ...

wtf... this is sick, you cant change something that was already there... if you think its not good then next time think before you set new building. i went from quite some culture to minus culture because devs changed stats from event buldings... You just got yourself a lot of minus points.
This is bul......
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the announcement on the upcoming rebalancing of select (old) event buildings posted here!
Each time the dev's make it so I loose when they do a update over 3,000 population lost over 2600 culture lost . NO MORE MONEY from me ! Why would I spend money in a game that keeps changing rules after I paid for things . Already sent my group a message that I will most likely be retiring from the game after 3 years . This is the worst update yet ! If this stay's this way I will have to find a archmage to take over my group or disband as many of my members are moving to a new game as a lot of us like to chat and chat really never works here anymore .

DeletedUser9934

I think this move is criminal - not that it affected me very much, I don't spend real money on this game and this situation has made me even less willing. I know beggars cannot be choosers, yet to those that spent diamonds (and hence real money) really did buy things. There should be a class action suit - just think what uproar it would be if intel went out and suddenly slowed the clock speed of their chips to enable new features for upcoming productions! Inno, your revenue was 161 million Euros 2017 (and close to 200 last year with a sustained 24% increase). You really can do better than that than shoot yourself in the foot!

https://press.innogames.com/10-year...ncreases-revenues-to-1615-million-eur-in-2017

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Adding insult to injury is the weasel-wording of the only announcement made:
" This means that from today on, the event buildings from before March 2017 which only provide culture, will provide more culture than before, in most cases. Some will provide slightly less, some will remain the same. The buildings which provide both culture and population will provide less culture than before. We decided to keep the population bonus as close to the old value as possible, because for the majority of people, population is more precious than culture."

My glossy gardens went from 1430 culture to 870, a drop of 40%. They also went from 1430 population to 870, a drop of 40%. I'm not sure where on earth a 40% drop is "As close to the old value as possible," but to me, it seems like nowhere near close, but rather a "massive" drop in both culture and population.

DeletedUser4441

I think the warning shouldn't be on the forums but should be just sent out to all players before starting an event. Should go like, Any prizes won during this even could at any moment lose part of their value whenever the game makers decide and it's up to the players to make up the difference.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Lots of people play without ever looking at event quest lists, and lots even take pride in not doing so
This is a fair statement. I'd wager the ones that take pride in playing 'spoiler free' don't come to the forums and complain there were no spoilers.
I wonder if it could be that we don't all play the same way ...
Another fair statement. I just don't understand choosing a play style that is devoid of information and then being upset you didn't have the information. I did not intend anything in my statement to be sarcastic or rude, and I truly apologize if it came across that way.

And, to no poster in particular:
I think this could have been handled better; I'm not a fan of Inno's methods of rebalancing and don't see why they couldn't have released the building changes along with the implementation of the ability to upgrade event buildings. I don't see why they couldn't have left these buildings alone and made new versions of these buildings different while limiting the effect of the 'upgrade event buildings' mechanism on the older buildings. I don't see why they can't quickly set a hot key for the 'decline' button in quests. I don't see why they can't do a bunch of things, lol. But, I know nothing about coding/game development, so I leave the discussion of those things to folks that do. I certainly think the players who were affected have every right to complain about how hard this will be and how long it will take to recover. That includes those of us who started working on this when we first found out. 2 weeks of work is 2 weeks of work whether you started 2 weeks ago or start today, and that is painful. My only beef is complaining about the lack of information ahead of time.

DeletedUser15113

The claim that "ignorance is no excuse" is 100% false in relation to this and it is quite a rude claim to make.
If this was the first time they have ever changed the game or if they always broadcasted the changes ingame, I'd agree. But it is not. The game is always changing and they don't communicate them in game ahead of time. Everyone playing this more than a few months should know that. It is still their choice to see the changes when they go live or go looking for the changes ahead of time. Therefore, there ignorance is their own fault and thus not an excuse.

As other have just said, they're finding time now to get to the forums..

That is how the system works now. Based on the number of people that are still surprised does point to a broken system though. It would be more productive for people to suggest how to fix the broken system, such as they should start releasing most of the release notes ahead of time in game. Instead of just saying this sucks...

Your words, not mine! They pinned a conversation to the top of this forum. That means that you NEVER had to go to the Beta forum to know. All you had to do is read within the forum for the Live version of the game YOU are playing. That does not take "an expert gamer" since you are here now repeating untruths. It makes no sense to blame Inno and other players for something you did not bother to do to keep up on the game!! :mad:
Why should we have to keep up with constant changes from the past . What is built should not change unless the user deletes it or changes it . We all paid or worked very hard for what we had they should not change we should not even have to worry about reading a message about it in the first place . You add on to a game not change it to what you think it should have been in the first place and get everyone pissed and quit !