• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I recon some of you are very pissed!!

CUTMAN

@SoggyShorts - do you know if Elvenstats is able to track "active" players? I was wondering if they were - if they could post the number of "active" players from prior to the change and then about a week or so after. We see all these people talking about quitting - would be interesting to see if anyone follows through and how many.

I know this will be kinda difficult and I don't know if that is something Elvenstats can even do.

CUTMAN

I have been playing Elvenar in various worlds for nearly three years . I have seen no evidence that Inno can track active players .There are players who have stopped playing from my fellowship two years ago that are still on the map despite Inno being told they were inactive . As far as people quitting I lost two players from my fellowship , both over 200k , due to Inno's bad decision . Plus I know of three others in other fellowships that have quit . I have two more making noises about quitting over it as well .. At one time I had cities in every Elvenar world . Due to various unfavorable decisions on Inno's part over the years I am down to one city . And I stopped buying diamonds from them when they doubled the price .

DeletedUser1108

I have always looked at event buildings as temporary; rotating them out for new ones is part of the fun to me. As a result this had no impact on me. I have always seen hanging on to an event building too long as a kind of trap. The evidence that those buildings from the first events were overvalued is in the fact that so many still found them useful...you are supposed to outgrow the event buildings and get new ones...that those were still being used 18 months later is kind of proof that they were out of scale. I am sure this really sucks for those affected, but that there may be a trap in holding event stuff too long shouldn't really surprise anyone.

DeletedUser3507

I realize I am somewhat OCD about proper use of language, but would either a moderator, or the OP, for the love of all that is holy, please fix the subject of this thread from "recon" to "reckon"
I can only say one thing Ahahahaha....:p

mahrgo

I really don't think it matters to them new players are where the money is! but of course they keep stats;)

Yes, Inno has done the RIGHT thing by rebalancing the 2016 Summer + Winter event buildings along with a couple of the early 2017 event buildings (iirc, only the Valentine's buildings?
The last thing Elvenar needs is to go down the "Forge of Broken" path, whereby the more veteran players who scored fields of OP event buildings make it impossible for newer players to even have a chance.

Does it hurt in the short term? Absolutely it does. But c'mon, you have to admit that these buildings were disgustingly OP when you would routinely see cities with fields of Winter Stars, Candy-cane Trees & Glossy Gardens, supporting over a dozen factories... especially when those culprit buildings were even 3+ chapters behind a city's current chapter?!
Where's the challenge or the balance there?

And no, it was never the "diamond players" who wanted this change, but rather the vast majority of non-paying players who either;
a) have/will never have any Magic buildings & thus were collecting stacks of useless bp's.
b) the many, many players who hated always being forced to delete their lovely & hard won event buildings within maybe 3-4 weeks of planting them in their cities.

So now, we have the upgrade option so that we can grow our very rare & typically event exclusive buildings as we continue on through the game.
Hell, with this new ability who knows, maybe it will actually encourage more people to participate in the tournaments?!:eek::eek:;)
We were just forced to erase all our old event buildings that some of us used diamonds to finish the work to receive . Most of us just got robbed its like buying a 4k tv then having it switched out for a 720p . How will we ever upgrade them if there all gone ? We were in the negative a lot of us so bad either we quit or restructured our whole game around another half baked idea . The dev's never can get a idea completely worked out first instead we are told ohh just deal with it and we will fix it at a later date . The fix never comes around we know this from the past . What is so wrong with a three year member being ahead of a 6 month player ? So many members are mad now we are offering 10% off diamonds yes buy our diamonds to make your game whole again . No wallet is closed what I paid for was taken and will not put another dime into a game that robs its players .

The Unbeliever

It's not about balance between 3 year old players vs. the newest recruits, but rather the massive imbalances between same chapter players...
If player A loaded up on say 10 Winter Stars @O&G's chapter stats, vs. player B who say, missed that day's prize, player A now has a hilarious advantage.
And it only gets worse as both players continue through the game...
Now Player A can cut out a few residences without suffering, his population is grossly efficient & no longer consumes nearly as much culture.
Player B meanwhile, is spending more land on maintaining his population + culture.

Besides, with the coming introduction of the RR spell, you'll never have to throw out old event buildings anymore, since you can slowly upgrade them to keep pace with your game progress and thus, maintain their inherent advantages...
This will be a MASSIVE boon especially for O&G chapter players, who right now are currently ultra-screwed since they're heading to mana requirements soon & don't get any real practical use from most event buildings. ;)

DeletedUser9916

Yes, Inno has done the RIGHT thing by rebalancing the 2016 Summer + Winter event buildings along with a couple of the early 2017 event buildings (iirc, only the Valentine's buildings?
The last thing Elvenar needs is to go down the "Forge of Broken" path, whereby the more veteran players who scored fields of OP event buildings make it impossible for newer players to even have a chance.

Does it hurt in the short term? Absolutely it does. But c'mon, you have to admit that these buildings were disgustingly OP when you would routinely see cities with fields of Winter Stars, Candy-cane Trees & Glossy Gardens, supporting over a dozen factories... especially when those culprit buildings were even 3+ chapters behind a city's current chapter?!
Where's the challenge or the balance there?

And no, it was never the "diamond players" who wanted this change, but rather the vast majority of non-paying players who either;
a) have/will never have any Magic buildings & thus were collecting stacks of useless bp's.
b) the many, many players who hated always being forced to delete their lovely & hard won event buildings within maybe 3-4 weeks of planting them in their cities.

So now, we have the upgrade option so that we can grow our very rare & typically event exclusive buildings as we continue on through the game.
Hell, with this new ability who knows, maybe it will actually encourage more people to participate in the tournaments?!:eek::eek:;)

many people are taking advantage of others in fraudulent scams by misrepresenting the realities. This is no different. Our decisions on whether or not to invest our time and resources has been based on the false facts that were given. A trust that permanently actually meant forever. If you buy a handbag from a Gucci store that is counterfeit and falls apart their are laws that protect us. No one forced us to save every penny for a Gucci but our purchase decision was based on the fact we were told it was real.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's not about balance between 3 year old players vs. the newest recruits, but rather the massive imbalances between same chapter players...
If player A loaded up on say 10 Winter Stars @O&G's chapter stats, vs. player B who say, missed that day's prize, player A now has a hilarious advantage.
And it only gets worse as both players continue through the game...
Now Player A can cut out a few residences without suffering, his population is grossly efficient & no longer consumes nearly as much culture.
Player B meanwhile, is spending more land on maintaining his population + culture.
This is a total fabrication. The event buildings are only better than what you can get another way for at the very most, three to four chapters. In fact, then a player who relied heavily on event buildings for pop gets to that line, they are forced to tear down all of it and go into the red for a long time as they correct their imbalance by constructing new culture and residences constantly for several weeks to get back on track.
Besides, with the coming introduction of the RR spell, you'll never have to throw out old event buildings anymore, since you can slowly upgrade them to keep pace with your game progress and thus, maintain their inherent advantages...
This will be a MASSIVE boon especially for O&G chapter players, who right now are currently ultra-screwed since they're heading to mana requirements soon & don't get any real practical use from most event buildings. ;)
Sure. As long as you are willing to pay cash for blueprints or are in a fellowship that gets ten chests all the time. My fellowship is top 20 on my world, and we have managed to get 2 blueprints so far. To get my city back to where it was a week ago, I'd need 28 blueprints. Either ten chests every week for six months, or 8,960 diamonds. Yay!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@SoggyShorts - do you know if Elvenstats is able to track "active" players? I was wondering if they were - if they could post the number of "active" players from prior to the change and then about a week or so after. We see all these people talking about quitting - would be interesting to see if anyone follows through and how many.

I know this will be kinda difficult and I don't know if that is something Elvenstats can even do.
Elvenstats tracks activity by comparing scores week to week. To avoid overloading elvenar's servers only the top 1,000 players per world, and players who have used www.elvenstats.com are checked. I think if you check your FS at least once on elvenstats, then everyone in your FS is added to the "check weekly" list.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@The Unbeliever
None of the winter stars,GG or rainbow unicorns were overpowered 5 days ago because they were months old, so the only players who still had them are those who play rather slowly, and there is no reason to nerf those players. Who cares if a player who takes 6 months per chapter can do it in 5 months?

Even if the buildings needed a nerf so that they can be given out in future events without being OP, there is no good reason they couldn't use the suggested Legacy system.

Legacy System:

1. All Glossy gardens become Legacy Gardens
  2. New Glossy Gardens are rebalanced as inno sees fit (which hurts no one since they haven't been available yet, ever)
  3. Legacy gardens if upgraded become Glossy gardens matching the new stats.

That's it. Simple fix, no one can really complain. A little extra coding effort to change 20+ pages of hate posts(per server?) to zero upset players seems like a good deal.

The Unbeliever

Well, Inno probably didn't go with the 'legacy' fix because;
a) they never thought of it themselves
b) they considered it too much extra work for the programers
c) the additional few lines of coding necessary is beyond their programers
d) all of the above?! :p

DeletedUser4692

Inno just keeps getting Better and Better by the day. LOL Ready to move on. That sucks when you work hard to earn something and it just gets taken away from you afterwards. Hey Inno I bought diamonds in the past Im deciding I want to nerf them so I want my money back.

Well, Inno probably didn't go with the 'legacy' fix because;
a) they never thought of it themselves
b) they considered it too much extra work for the programers
c) the additional few lines of coding necessary is beyond their programers
d) all of the above?! :p
E) We need to meet our projected sales figure and we were falling short .

E) We need to meet our projected sales figure and we were falling short .
We even offered you a special expansion at 10% off wow only 4140 diamonds about 40.00 thanks but I will pass . I really want the diamonds I used on all the items they just messed up . Inno how about a free expansion for everyone to make up for all the losses . Its something everyone can use .

This is a total fabrication. The event buildings are only better than what you can get another way for at the very most, three to four chapters. In fact, then a player who relied heavily on event buildings for pop gets to that line, they are forced to tear down all of it and go into the red for a long time as they correct their imbalance by constructing new culture and residences constantly for several weeks to get back on track.
Sure. As long as you are willing to pay cash for blueprints or are in a fellowship that gets ten chests all the time. My fellowship is top 20 on my world, and we have managed to get 2 blueprints so far. To get my city back to where it was a week ago, I'd need 28 blueprints. Either ten chests every week for six months, or 8,960 diamonds. Yay!
To late player (A)
Sure. As long as you are willing to pay cash for blueprints or are in a fellowship that gets ten chests all the time. My fellowship is top 20 on my world, and we have managed to get 2 blueprints so far. To get my city back to where it was a week ago, I'd need 28 blueprints. Either ten chests every week for six months, or 8,960
No need for a fix for me and a lot of the players now we (A) players already erased and replaced the old buildings to get out of the grave inno dug us . What a lot of us would love to know is where is the time and diamonds we used to get these prizes . Its lost no compensation at all . The imbalance was no fault of any player here . If a player liked a building its there choice when to delete it . We all had no choice but to delete old rewards because we all were in the negative .

StarLoad

Upset customers pretty much don't pay for diamonds -- and the negativity that they can create by spreading their experiences is an astonishingly large PR / marketing disaster.
I think that statement is unfounded, I buy diamonds and I am/was upset.

kctanzen

I think that statement is unfounded, I buy diamonds and I am/was upset.

General statements about a significantly large sample size have a very close to zero percent chance that every member of the sampling will line up with the generalization. "Pretty much" is the qualifier in this case .. pretty much doesn't mean everyone.

I too am pretty upset about how things developed and I chose *not* to purchase diamonds, in spite of a 100% bonus offer I had available.

There you have it .. 2 different viewpoints reflecting a general statement yet both actually support the statement :)