• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures and the best way of winning them

Tauriel Dragonwood

Plus, let's remember that we can't have "too many" buildings. If you have 25+ squares of buildings from major events, plus 15+ squares from each mini-event, and you're adding to FA prizes, people are going to have no room in their cities.
After reading your message, I don't think I'm going to build anymore buildings I win in the events. I'll just keep them in my inventory. It'll be like a scrapbook of memories for me each time I open it.

Risen Malchiah

The only goods I can trade are my boosted planks. I can't spare the coins nor the supplies if I have to buy them from the Wholesaler who, in Chapter 2, is only trading marble and steel. It also helps tremendously if the game placed you in a neighborhood where everyone is willing to trade. I'm not so fortunate to be in a neighborhood like that. I thought the tournaments would be a good place to look for goods but new players only get 3-4 encounters per day and the goods are not that much. I get more goods from the provinces, if I'm able to negotiate. Hopefully battles get easier now that I can train a Cerberus. I like this 3-headed beastie.
I read this twice and still can't figure out what you're talking about. What do you mean by "a good place to look for goods" from tournaments and world provinces? Do you mean relics? Do you mean spells?

And for low level players, using the wholesaler will quickly deplete your coins and supplies. It's definitely much better to coordinate with other players in your fellowship and trade back and forth. And of course, using the wholesaler for planks is impossible since you're boosted in planks. That's not because you're in chapter 2.

DeletedUser9601

Chapter 2 players honestly are wasting their time in the FSA. Unless they're in an FS that is carrying them to rewards, its just not worth it. Assuming you're branching out from your normal playstyle, you're winning prizes that become obsolete too quickly. Its the same as events. Yes, do events as far as you can; but don't kill yourself and gimp your city to get 100% completion just for the sake of being a completionist. The rewards aren't worth it, and you'll be in Chapter 5 in a month anyways.

DeletedUser12171

Thank you Tedious for your advice. The only goods I can trade are my boosted planks. I can't spare the coins nor the supplies if I have to buy them from the Wholesaler who, in Chapter 2, is only trading marble and steel. It also helps tremendously if the game placed you in a neighborhood where everyone is willing to trade. I'm not so fortunate to be in a neighborhood like that. I thought the tournaments would be a good place to look for goods but new players only get 3-4 encounters per day and the goods are not that much. I get more goods from the provinces, if I'm able to negotiate. Hopefully battles get easier now that I can train a Cerberus. I like this 3-headed beastie.

The reason it's called "fellowship" adventures is that it should be attempted by a fellowship. A fellowship with decent activities and numbers should have no problems trading 100 T1 goods back and forth among themselves for the spell badges.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I read this twice and still can't figure out what you're talking about. What do you mean by "a good place to look for goods" from tournaments and world provinces? Do you mean relics? Do you mean spells?

And for low level players, using the wholesaler will quickly deplete your coins and supplies. It's definitely much better to coordinate with other players in your fellowship and trade back and forth. And of course, using the wholesaler for planks is impossible since you're boosted in planks. That's not because you're in chapter 2.
I realized after I sent my message that you cannot get goods from the tournaments nor the World Map provinces, only relics. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to correct it. The only way to get goods is through trading or building goods buildings. Trading is out because the neighborhood I'm in hardly anyone trades and if they do, the trades are ridiculous (18 elixir for 432 Marble).

We are new players. Some of us do not have a Trader built yet. Those who have built a Magic Academy only have access to 2 spells. Our fellowship will just ignore the Fellowship Adventures until we advance in higher chapters.

I realize Risen, I cannot use the Wholesaler for planks. I said The Wholesaler in Chapter 2 only trades marble and steel. As I advance in the chapters, the Wholesaler will trade more goods. If you're not keeping a close eye on your supplies and coins, the Wholesaler can deplete them. That also goes for upgrading too many buildings and negotiating too much. If you don't keep watch on your finances, you will run out very quickly.

Chapter 2 players honestly are wasting their time in the FSA. Unless they're in an FS that is carrying them to rewards, its just not worth it. Assuming you're branching out from your normal playstyle, you're winning prizes that become obsolete too quickly. Its the same as events. Yes, do events as far as you can; but don't kill yourself and gimp your city to get 100% completion just for the sake of being a completionist. The rewards aren't worth it, and you'll be in Chapter 5 in a month anyways.
Very wise advice you just gave me. I agree with you. Unless the game devs make some changes so new players can also participate in Fellowship Adventures, it is a waste of our time. We were having fun until we reached the waypoint that demanded spells.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Communication is very important in a fellowship, especially when you're working on completing a Fellowship Adventure. I've just been informed by a few of our members who play on mobile devices that they cannot read our message threads. They can only read and respond on the Chat board (the board that pulls out from the right side of the screen). Since they cannot read my instructions to help them on a fellowship, I will give them information where to find the Forum & Wiki shortcut so they can learn on their own. When will mobile device users be able to have access to the message threads?

DeletedUser12171

As far as this thread's topic is about how to actually win an FA, I'd say that the topic is simply not in line with @Tauriel Dragonwood your fledgling FS with members not even having built the Trader.

There is such a thing as an FS not being ready to do the FA. It will probably be more productive and rewarding to wait until your FS grows up some before seriously attempting the FA

The Unbeliever

This is almost true...
We have the upcoming Royal Restoration spell release - likely by the end of year at the latest? (maybe, possibly...)

This will radically change ALL events, since now there's no reason NOT to go after 'good' rewards, even if they won't truly shine until later chapters.
Myself, I've already begun planning which buildings to continuously upgrade as I eventually move into Mana -> Seed chapters.:)

While initially the RR spells will probably just be 10-chest tournament rewards, eventually though, you can likely expect them to become common'ish come every single major event. (trust me, FoE's versions which the RR spell is based on, are readily available in every single major event!)
So just saying, "forgot about playing half the game until you're into Ch.4-5" isn't such a good idea anymore.
While it will take time & effort, every event building in general is now viable once RR spells become available.

DeletedUser1016

The FA just ended and our fellowship came in at number six [6] winning 6000 ranking points. I always thought they went into the overall "Adventure" ranking shown under the "Adventure" tab in our message center [next to the "Tournament" tab]. When I just checked, the list and FA rank of Fellowships is the same as when we were playing? What are these ranking points for?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The FA just ended and our fellowship came in at number six [6] winning 6000 ranking points.
6000pts was probably not enough to move your FS to a different rank. Add all the points of the members of the FS together and that gives you the FS ranking points. They just added 6000 points to that number. Your FS rank is the relationship between other FS and your FS ranking points. So, if the ones around you gained some points, or even if #5 was 10K points above you even though they didn't even play this FA, your actual rank won't change.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The FA just ended and our fellowship came in at number six [6] winning 6000 ranking points. I always thought they went into the overall "Adventure" ranking shown under the "Adventure" tab in our message center [next to the "Tournament" tab]. When I just checked, the list and FA rank of Fellowships is the same as when we were playing? What are these ranking points for?

Think of "Fellowship Adventures" as a null player in your fellowship. This player increases your fellowship rank by receiving the points you gain from fellowship adventures, while otherwise contributing nothing and does not take up any space.

DeletedUser9601

This is almost true...
We have the upcoming Royal Restoration spell release - likely by the end of year at the latest? (maybe, possibly...)

This will radically change ALL events, since now there's no reason NOT to go after 'good' rewards, even if they won't truly shine until later chapters.
Myself, I've already begun planning which buildings to continuously upgrade as I eventually move into Mana -> Seed chapters.:)

I think people are vastly overestimating how readily available the RR spell would be. There's no building worth upgrading from Chapter 2 to Chapter 13. That's 11 spells. Assuming the RR spell is a 10-chest reward, that's 3 months straight of 10-chest rewards. If you're in an FS of such high achievers, you're getting better buildings elsewhere.

DeletedUser1016

Thanks for your replies regarding Ranking points. If that's the case it would be nice if the description stated that....I wouldn't have had to inquire here on the forum.
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 7.39.49 PM.png

DeletedUser4759

I and a few others in our small FS enjoy the FAs. We start our 2 day runs in advance so that when the FA starts, we collect at the beginning, and start the next 2 day runs again. We build a lot of lvl 1. We select our 3 paths. Prepare our 5 spread sheets. Decide who will do what, chat a lot during the event. Take inventory of made and in progress items often. Calculate what is needed and when. This time we actually finished the paths and cycled through the pits. We noticed a few things though:
1) collected items often were not added in on the quest tab, just disappeared
2) a lot of screen freezing
3) a lot of “server not responding” msgs
4) long time waits on log ins or returns to game
5) game wouldn’t load until game update performed
6) in the last couple of minutes of game, couldn’t add any more badges to pit due to “server not responding” msg and screen freeze

Though these were frustrating we adapted and went on. Looking forward to next FA

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@RiverGrace

I wish I could tell you how many spells I have missed in FA's because I forgot to have the right quest up before I started collecting :( Or had a quest for badge partially done and hit decline looking for another one by accident. I hate the way they switch top to bottom! :mad:

DeletedUser4759

@RiverGrace

I wish I could tell you how many spells I have missed in FA's because I forgot to have the right quest up before I started collecting :( Or had a quest for badge partially done and hit decline looking for another one by accident. I hate the way they switch top to bottom! :mad:

I always make sure I have the right quest tabs open because like you said, they switch around. In a tight time frame like the FAs there is not much room for errors or accidents, so caution about open tabs is a biggie. Our FS archmage noticed the same thing happening to her as well. It might’ve been a glitch, because this time around there was more screen freezes, game disappearances and slow downs. But being on mobile could account for all the crap too.