• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures and the best way of winning them

Deleted User - 3932582

Yeah, so maybe the very top is not quite as flexible recently as I was thinking, but I bet it will be a bit more of a spread with the new one this month, considering the Phoenix artifacts being part of the prize for both stage two and stage three. And I was thinking the differences in general with ranking between servers would be more spread out, like individual rankings are. For example, my 379,546 score is good for a rank of 649 on Arendyll, but on Felyndral, I would be rank 492, for a difference of over 150 places. I am guessing it would be about 100-200 different on the other US servers also, since Arendyll is the first server and probably has the highest population.
Yeah, don't know if it applies to FA much. #1 on Ceravyn (US7, the youngest one) the last time did 40K points in the FA. Was it good enough for Arendyll? ;)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The only real difference between a winning strategy and one that doesn't win is the amount of participation and the level. If you have a high degree of participation and those participating are determined to do what they need to do to do well you can finish quite nicely. The last FA we did we finished 10th even though, out of 24 or 25 only 15 participated. We were not organized at all as in our fs we seem to have a lot of independent players who just pretty much ignore the need to communicate! (Yeah, it's frustrating, isn't it?). On the other hand we ranked number 51 at the time an finished 10th because once we started the 15 who participated really participated.

So primarily, all other things being equal, its commitment that matters. Every FA I try to get a sense of the commitment from my FS and then adjust the goals accordingly. Some we don't even do. But when we do we set our own goals. This FA we aim to finish in the top 30 but not in the top 20 (though of course that is possible). But that's okay too. "Winning" can be just as much about meeting and exceeding a self-determined goal as "winning" the entire thing by beating everyone else in some point total. So make the FA YOUR FA and set YOUR goals. It's a lot less stressful that way, I think.

AJ

Catherina

I'm helping my fellowship understand the Fellowship Adventure we're on. They, along with me, are having difficulty with the spells. Spells should be removed from the Fellowship Adventure. Why? Because the Wholesaler will only trade 2 non-boosted goods to new players. I am up to Chapter 2 in my new city in Felyndral. I can only fight/negotiate in 4 encounters in a tournament each day. One of those encounters awards a Magical Manufacturing spell. Luckily my boosted goods are planks so that’s the only spell I can make. Correction. I can't make the Magical Manufacturing spell because my Magic Academy only gives me the Power of Provision and Ensorcelled Enchantment spells. Ugh!

Spells are not offered in the Discount window so I don’t have the option to buy diamonds for them. I have had trades up for a week and no one is taking them and they’re 3-star trades (15 planks for 10 marble). Most of my neighbors and fellowship only have planks to trade.

Do you have any suggestions how new players can win in the Fellowship Adventures? Any advice is most appreciated.
For spells, you can look in the crating section of the magic academy. You can get them when you visit and you can get them in the tournament. Remember in the tournament the only time you have to do all the providences is the first time through. The second time you can click on the tent and pick which providences have the spells you need as a prize and just do those providences.

Crowella

For the t3 goods production along with spell badges, a newer player could craft a Traveling Merchant III and gain the spells either from the tournament or Neighborly Help. The fact that you don't have to collect both items at the same time will help. You can try to minimize paths that require these badges. You might also have trouble with the Wonder Society badges if you haven't gotten to the first research that unlocks an Ancient Wonder, which will allow you to start donating to others' wonders.

Overall a fellowship of ALL players who have not reached chapter 3 would have difficulty (if it is even possible) to complete all stages of an FA. But newer, smaller players can contribute in a mixed fellowship by making the badges they are able to create.

Socrates28

Overall a fellowship of ALL players who have not reached chapter 3 would have difficulty (if it is even possible) to complete all stages of an FA. But newer, smaller players can contribute in a mixed fellowship by making the badges they are able to create.
In our FAs we post in chat that we are close to taking the flag and leave some of the easier badges open so they can contibute and get that reward. We also try and post a few times asking people to put in what they have if they have not already. We try to make sure that as many people as possible benifit from the events. What will make this even more interesting as this is a Push Week for us as well. Should be good all around! Go F S! Go F S! (Chanted repeatedly LOL)

DeletedUser23732

I have had trades up for a week and no one is taking them and they’re 3-star trades (15 planks for 10 marble). Most of my neighbors and fellowship only have planks to trade.
Assuming this is my AM in Winyandor: How is the fellowship economy? . when I joined my Beta fellowship we had an imbalance due to inactive players. I'm not saying that's your reason, but I joined directly. . .and we have almost 25 members. . Someone should be at the economic helm balancing the quantities of each good in all Tiers.

DeletedUser23708

Good communication is key to win an FA, We also use a shared spreadsheet were all needed badges and numbers are laiyed out per stage. All members fill in as good as possible what they are producing (espicialy long term productions) and their inventory. In stage 1 and 2 we do all paths, In stage 3 we do 1 path completely and in the others we try to get the high score dots only. After that we go into the pit. Before the FA starts everybody tries to make as much statue, blacksmith and necklaces as possible, that is how my fellowship wins FA after FA
We used the spreadsheet this FA. We are a fellowship of 5 and 3.5 of us are doing the FA. We are currently on stage 3 just waiting on blacksmiths but have all other badges made and are producing pit badges. We only did 1 path up though stage 3 we have some orange and blue done also. Communication is the key to success!

DeletedUser23708

Whoa, well done! You have certainly been accomplishing much with a small group

Thanks! We are happy about it and constant chatting. With mobile players not having messaging thread we made elvenar emails to share and keep everyone in the loop. Lots of inventory checks, double checking our math, and shuffling from any blunders. I think us being so small, yes we have to work harder, but as a team we can work more cohesively because there isn't the riff raff and leads to less confusion. It seems most fellowships fail whatever they set their goal to for FA from lack of cooperation to straight up ignoring communications. Not many complaints really about the badges or quantities. The old quest system yes, which is no more. The enchantments and the goods required but that again can mostly seems to be commented as no help with trades ect. We pretty much produced all magical manufacturing., 50/50 on purple between production/tournament/crafting/neighborly help, and all blue straight from tournament.

DeletedUser20951

It seems most fellowships fail whatever they set their goal to for FA from lack of cooperation to straight up ignoring communications.
That does appear to be the main cause. I've often come across defense for this behavior along the lines of, "It's just a game. Everybody should relax and tone any sort of expectations down.", but that stance doesn't jibe with my own even a little. I feel that if you are going to do anything, you should do it to the best of your abilities no matter what, and that expecting cooperation from those in the gaming trenches with you is the least you can demand.

Additional Thoughts (because my brain refuses to think of other things right now): I believe being uncooperative translates into, ultimately, disrespect, and defeats the purpose of belonging to a group. Many, I suppose, will join up with others in order to not feel alone, but if they are not contributing to their fellows and the shared goals of the fellowship, and are instead strictly benefiting from efforts not their own, I don't think they deserve to be a part of the fellowship. And, really, unless they provide stellar comic relief and entertainment, what's the point of their membership? (even that wouldn't be reason enough for me to tolerate slacking, but I understand it more)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23708

I believe being uncooperative translates into, ultimately, disrespect, and defeats the purpose of belonging to a group. Many, I suppose, will join up with others in order to not feel alone, but if they are not contributing to their fellows and the shared goals of the fellowship, and are instead strictly benefiting from efforts not their own, I don't think they deserve to be a part of the fellowship. And, really, unless they provide stellar comic relief and entertainment, what's the point of their membership? (even that wouldn't be reason enough for me to tolerate slacking, but I understand it more)
I agree. I often question why non participants join fellowships. Most fellowships are not agreeable to weekly 30-60pts in tournaments because they are just doing minimum effort for chest rewards. 1-4 badges, especially coin badges, for the FA are not typically agreeable because that again is 'by chance' badges. Never taking trades then putting bad trades up is not agreeable. So they get warned or questioned, then they ignore. So in the end they are kicked. What is the point? What are their goals? On another note, you then have fellows complaining about said person(s). I see a lot of complaints about these type of members on forum. My question is 'Why are you complaining about something easily fixed?'. Is it because you want to have a good number of members, more players equals less strain and easier to split the efforts for higher gains? But that doesn't work. Those non participants are equivalent to pretty placeholders. Do you need their boosted goods? But that still doesn't add up when they don't really help with trades leaving the FS to find the goods outside the fellowship. Do they respond to direct messages or chat? If not then again why do they join and why do they remain in that FS when it's as easy as 'expel'.

Be proactive! Elvenar is meant to be fun. If you are miserable in your fellowship then WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? If you have 1 or 2 non participants who are constantly complained about then WHY ARE THEY STILL THERE? Simple. Just let it be simple. :)

Tauriel Dragonwood

Assuming this is my AM in Winyandor: How is the fellowship economy? . when I joined my Beta fellowship we had an imbalance due to inactive players. I'm not saying that's your reason, but I joined directly. . .and we have almost 25 members. . Someone should be at the economic helm balancing the quantities of each good in all Tiers.
Aye, that is me but the message you quoted was in reference to my fellowship in Felyndral I created to help new players. When I started this new fellowship, I found myself in a neighborhood with many players who had left the game so there was hardly any trades going back and forth, and my fellowship was new so not many players had goods to trade, nor a trader researched yet.

The game devs listened to my complaint when I told them I was placed in an abyss where no life exists. They moved my city so now I have neighbors in Felyndral that help each other with trades. Having goods to trade also helps our fellowship.

The Guardian Knights in Winyandor are not as active as they used to be. Some of our members are in the military, some are caring for their loved ones, and I had to relocate to start a new job. Life takes priority so I now also have a limited amount of time to play games. Since we're not as active as some fellowships, you should decide if our fellowship suits your play style.

DeletedUser20951

Be proactive! Elvenar is meant to be fun. If you are miserable in your fellowship then WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? If you have 1 or 2 non participants who are constantly complained about then WHY ARE THEY STILL THERE? Simple. Just let it be simple.
AMEN. While my thoughts are almost always tangled up and twisty (and frequently redundant), I prefer not to over-complicate the simple in action and lose sight of core practicality. As with every game I've played online, I've noticed the inclination of many to invest heavier emotionally than is healthy, where every decision, regardless of how minor, is treated with extreme significance beyond what it actually possesses, blowing stuff out of proportion. This is true in a lot of situations, though, as we are prone to giving greater importance to what affects us personally than what is warranted, but I still think we are in the middle of a cultural shift leaning towards placing too much worth on our internet interactions. They have value, yes, and it's crucial to remember that there is (usually) a person on the other side of the screen, but also that the level of actual human connection involved doesn't measure up to physical reality. Not yet, anyway. If virtual reality ever evolves to being completely realistic, which I believe it will (albeit fairly far off in the future before full immersive sensation is achieved), I doubt the differences are going to be perceivable then.

Jesus, what tangent did I just go off on? If unhappy where you're at and able to leave, leave. If unhappy with fellows, boot fellows. I guess an argument could be made that you should strive to train these players to be upstanding citizens, or whatever, but, no, unless it's your job to whip somebody into shape, or you enjoy doing so, it's really not your responsibility to try to change anybody.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I've noticed some players are just fellowship hopping. They'll stay in a fellowship for a few days to see if it's active. If not, they move on. We need players who stay put for a while. Some of Elvenar's features (like the FAs) require a coordinated team effort to complete. A fellowship will never be active if everyone doesn't stay long enough to get to know one another.

And there's the problem with communication. Before Elvenar was able to be played on a mobile device, more players communicated on the message threads. Now it seems, mobile device users only come in to produce and collect from their cities, then leave.

A lot of my friends are using mobile devices now when they play Elvenar. They're telling me the mobile app helps them when they're at work and need to quickly check on their cities. They can't donate Kps to their team mates' AWs and don't have the time to spend giving neighborly help to everyone in their fellowship. Even if you're using a mobile device you can still communicate via the Chat Board that pops up on the right but they don't even take the time anymore to communicate. Maybe I should add to my fellowship description: No mobile device users allowed.

Deleted User - 312108

A lot of my friends are using mobile devices now when they play Elvenar. They're telling me the mobile app helps them when they're at work and need to quickly check on their cities. They can't donate Kps to their team mates' AWs and don't have the time to spend giving neighborly help to everyone in their fellowship. Even if you're using a mobile device you can still communicate via the Chat Board that pops up on the right but they don't even take the time anymore to communicate. Maybe I should add to my fellowship description: No mobile device users allowed.

Hmmm, I am going to respectfully disagree here - even with a full 25 member fellowship it takes very little time to do NH on a mobile device. Likely less time than it takes to page through all of the factories in a large city. I use both and I run 5 cities on US servers and 1 on beta... trust me when I say giving FS neighborly help on mobile is very fast and very easy.

DeletedUser23708

Jesus, what tangent did I just go off on? If unhappy where you're at and able to leave, leave. If unhappy with fellows, boot fellows. I guess an argument could be made that you should strive to train these players to be upstanding citizens, or whatever, but, no, unless it's your job to whip somebody into shape, or you enjoy doing so, it's really not your responsibility to try to change anybody.
I'm a social person and enjoy team dynamics. I'll always try to help first. Sometimes people are making mistakes because they don't know better. For example FA (on the mind right now) it can get very frustrating when your fellows are placing badges at random or going off your planned path. But then you ask yourself do they not care about teamwork or agree with fellowships shared goal? Or do they not know that the 3 stages are 3 different maps. That the chests at top are 3 different map prizes. Very common mistake. So they will attack waypoints with enthusiasm thinking they are helping. I guess it boils down to perspective and ones patience. If you are not patient to an exent, leadership isn't for you.

DeletedUser23708

I've noticed some players are just fellowship hopping. They'll stay in a fellowship for a few days to see if it's active. If not, they move on. We need players who stay put for a while. Some of Elvenar's features (like the FAs) require a coordinated team effort to complete. A fellowship will never be active if everyone doesn't stay long enough to get to know one another.

And there's the problem with communication. Before Elvenar was able to be played on a mobile device, more players communicated on the message threads. Now it seems, mobile device users only come in to produce and collect from their cities, then leave.

I play mobile. When the opportunity arises to log in via PC, I will just to donate KP. I'm the Archmage and communication is important. I can normally catch everyone in chat by knowing the general times they like to log on. But it still caused some issues. My 2nd is a PC user. So we made seperate elvenar emails (name.elvenar@). Now we can communicate quickly. And she can send out the messages to my PC users that I cannot. For the KP threads to me it was simple, I thank them when they donate but I stress to them I can't return the favor so leave me out. No output so no input.

The mobile users saying they do not have the time to do neighborly help visits? They are misleading you something fierce, especially the fellowship member neighborly help. PC you actually have to go into a persons city and select a building then hunt for the chest, same for the map visits. Mobile? Mobile I go into my roster and there is an icon when you are allowed to help after 24hr refresh. It's as simple as press the icon, a pop up appears giving you 1-3 options to help then the pop up closes and you just go down the list. Map visits are the same. I do both everyday around the same time everyday. Less time consuming then if doing on PC.

Please don't discount all mobile users. :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It literally takes 10 seconds max if you don't care about their preferences, and dump everything on culture. If you want to check whether they want builders prioritized it may take 15, or even 20 seconds. And I am being conservative here.
^^This! It's so much faster on mobile! I do my FS visits first thing in the mornings. While sitting in front of my desktop with its 27in screen, I log off the PC, log into my tablet, do visits in 2 FS's and am back on the PC in less than 5 min total. And that's because all my equipment is old and slow to load!!