• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures and the best way of winning them

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thanks for your replies regarding Ranking points. If that's the case it would be nice if the description stated that....I wouldn't have had to inquire here on the forum.View attachment 4519

Another way would be to add "Fellowship Adventures" as Player 0 in your fellowship list. That way you do not have to subtract each player's score from the fellowship score to get the quantity your fellowship received in fellowship adventures.

DeletedUser5676

how about having some motivating prize!!.who ever comes 1st,2nd,3rd would have prize or rewards.
please reply if this is ideal or not.somehow i want my clan members to have some motivation with tournaments.
Everyone who finishes gets a prize. The top hundred teams get an extra prize. Mostly some timer instants.

The competition isn't especially fun. the top few teams will spend hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars to keep their standing.

Socrates28

Everyone who finishes gets a prize. The top hundred teams get an extra prize. Mostly some timer instants.

The competition isn't especially fun. the top few teams will spend hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars to keep their standing.
I agree and disagree to a certain extent. I agree that if one were trying for the top spot that you better have deep pockets, and perhaps a few of them. I disagree because the event gets everyone involved at whatever level they are at. Our FS has finished in between 10 and 20 a few times. We did this because we determined before hand that these were the prizes which would do all in the FS the most good. Perhaps we could have gotten in the top 10 and perhaps not. I just know that we were very pleased with the prizes we did get. We hope to do as well again this coming FA when it comes to the live worlds.

Deleted User - 3932582

I agree and disagree to a certain extent. I agree that if one were trying for the top spot that you better have deep pockets, and perhaps a few of them. I disagree because the event gets everyone involved at whatever level they are at. Our FS has finished in between 10 and 20 a few times. We did this because we determined before hand that these were the prizes which would do all in the FS the most good. Perhaps we could have gotten in the top 10 and perhaps not. I just know that we were very pleased with the prizes we did get. We hope to do as well again this coming FA when it comes to the live worlds.
Yeah, it's funny that quite a few people like 11-20 prizes better than top 10. Our FS can - and did in the past - finish in top 10 if we really push for it (we don't spend cash on FA). But top 10 prizes are small culture/pop hybrids, while 11-20 is Black Lotus that gives seeds starting from Halflings. And most people are like yeah, give me Black Lotus any day. Especially considering we can cruise to 12-14 place without too much strain.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, it's funny that quite a few people like 11-20 prizes better than top 10. Our FS can - and did in the past - finish in top 10 if we really push for it (we don't spend cash on FA). But top 10 prizes are small culture/pop hybrids, while 11-20 is Black Lotus that gives seeds starting from Halflings. And most people are like yeah, give me Black Lotus any day. Especially considering we can cruise to 12-14 place without too much strain.

Will that strategy change this time around, though, since we just had the black lotus as a daily prize in the Solstice event?

Deleted User - 3932582

Will that strategy change this time around, though, since we just had the black lotus as a daily prize in the Solstice event?
Unlikely. There were many other excellent daily prizes in the event, so not everyone filled up with BL to the brim. I originally planned to do so, but then Trading Outposts came along, so I didn't pick up any lotuses.

It's cool to have monuments as a badge of honor for your FA achievements, but there are many other ways to get culture/pop. Now so with seeds.

Socrates28

ok. you might be the first person i met who found collecting hundreds of badges and throwing them in a swirling hole especially fun.
Did you read what I wrote? Achieving a common goal and helping all members of our FS is the point!
To answer your question, No I do not especially like the pits and having said that it is part of the event whether you like it or not. It is where an FS either makes it or breaks it in shooting for a top 20 position. That was our goal and you do not have to have the same one we do or you can sit it out and do nothing. Competition rewards those who will do what needs to be done to achieve the goal. We may not particularly like it and yet that is what needs to be done to achieve our common goal.
I like the prizes and the growth in the bonds between the members of our FS. The Pits are just a part of the game.

DeletedUser5676

Did you read what I wrote? Achieving a common goal and helping all members of our FS is the point!
To answer your question, No I do not especially like the pits and having said that it is part of the event whether you like it or not. It is where an FS either makes it or breaks it in shooting for a top 20 position. That was our goal and you do not have to have the same one we do or you can sit it out and do nothing. Competition rewards those who will do what needs to be done to achieve the goal. We may not particularly like it and yet that is what needs to be done to achieve our common goal.
I like the prizes and the growth in the bonds between the members of our FS. The Pits are just a part of the game.
I think I read yours as much as you read mine. I didn't say it's not worth doing. I said the race for the top is not especially fun.It isn't. There are at least a thousand things in the world more fun than trying to get a top place score in the FA. I dare say 2000.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Are you folks arguing over how hard it is to finish 1st even on the same server? The newer, lower population servers are most likely much easier to finish at the top than doing the same on the older, higher population servers. It is the same for anything else in this game where server-wide ranking is tracked. You just can't compare ranking between servers, so rather people need to post their actual scores to see whose is doing better. As a totally random number I am making up, a top 10 ranking in a FA or tournament on Sinya Arda might not even be top 100 on Arendyll.

DeletedUser5676

Are you folks arguing over how hard it is to finish 1st even on the same server? The newer, lower population servers are most likely much easier to finish at the top than doing the same on the older, higher population servers.
I don't think so. It takes around 20,000 points to get top 10 on any of the US servers

Arendyll #10 = 21,350
Sinya Arda #10 = 19,200 (Would be #13 on Arendyll)

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't think so. It takes around 20,000 points to get top 10 on any of the US servers

Arendyll #10 = 21,350
Sinya Arda #10 = 19,200 (Would be #13 on Arendyll)

Yeah, so maybe the very top is not quite as flexible recently as I was thinking, but I bet it will be a bit more of a spread with the new one this month, considering the Phoenix artifacts being part of the prize for both stage two and stage three. And I was thinking the differences in general with ranking between servers would be more spread out, like individual rankings are. For example, my 379,546 score is good for a rank of 649 on Arendyll, but on Felyndral, I would be rank 492, for a difference of over 150 places. I am guessing it would be about 100-200 different on the other US servers also, since Arendyll is the first server and probably has the highest population.

DeletedUser5676

Yeah, so maybe the very top is not quite as flexible recently as I was thinking, but I bet it will be a bit more of a spread with the new one this month, considering the Phoenix artifacts being part of the prize for both stage two and stage three. And I was thinking the differences in general with ranking between servers would be more spread out, like individual rankings are. For example, my 379,546 score is good for a rank of 649 on Arendyll, but on Felyndral, I would be rank 492, for a difference of over 150 places. I am guessing it would be about 100-200 different on the other US servers also, since Arendyll is the first server and probably has the highest population.
I don't think that's about the total population. It's the number of dead cities on the older servers.

DeletedUser5676

That and for the first year or two all the expansions were a flat price so for about $150.00 you could have thirty expansions to grow your city.

Socrates28

I think I read yours as much as you read mine. I didn't say it's not worth doing. I said the race for the top is not especially fun.It isn't. There are at least a thousand things in the world more fun than trying to get a top place score in the FA. I dare say 2000.
You spoke about getting the #1 spot in a FA. I am speaking of achieving a goal with an FS in mind.
Since you seem to speaking about oranges and I am speaking about apples I will leave it there.
Have a nice day.