• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures and the best way of winning them

Rocce Sqirl

1. Start making Statues two days before the FA begins.
2. Start Blacksmiths and Necklaces a day before. (Remind people not to "collect" them until the FA begins.)
Make as many as possible. You won't know how many you need until the maps go up, but it'll never be enough.
3. Have a coordinator, someone who tracks what's been made and what's been played. The coordinator should chart the entire map, all 24 waypoints, to know what's coming up. (I'm coordinator for my FS.) And then make all the long-lead stuff you'll need first -- and make more than you need because you never know who's going to be on line when the item comes up. For that same reason, don't assign specific builds to specific players, you want as many making one thing as possible.
4. I put up a message each evening about midnight detailing status of the FA, what path we're on, what's still needed. Not everyone can see the message board, so an abbreviated version goes on chat.
5. I avoid chat for major strategy and messages because it gets so cluttered and such missives get lost. But it's great for "need three more carpenters on Blue #6" or "I need 100 planks for a wand."
6. Have everyone build as many Level 1 Workshops and Tier-1 Factories as they can find room for. I like at least 20 workshops, 5 of each factory, but if someone can cram in more do it!
7. Discourage using time boosts and diamonds until the third level. And then a good use is for spells if needed.
8. Don't overlook Help rounds and the Tournament as sources of spells. If you have a good active FS, getting trades for the goods needed should be easy. A request on chat should get a quick response.
9. Encourage newbies. For them delivering one or two of something is as big an effort as delivering a dozen or more for your top-level members.
10. Remember, this is the one Elvenar activity that really needs teamwork. Even if yours is a "casual" FS (i.e. not one of those 10-chests groups) you can still get people excited about the Adventure.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't even log off the PC.
I mis-spoke (?mis-wrote?lol!). I don't log off the PC, just shut down my browser. But like I said, really old equipment here (plus I live in the boonies and am stuck with dsl for internet). Even under those conditions, 5 minutes. If I shut down the PC it would probably take closer to 15, lol. This thing was originally an XP OS...really old...

DeletedUser20951

If you are not patient to an exent, leadership isn't for you.
I believe there is a big difference between still learning the game and needing guidance and being uncooperative, but, in essence, I agree with the patience part.

DeletedUser5676

I don't log off the PC, just shut down my browser.
I think I understood. I don't even close the browser, just close that tab. I'm not doing anything else on the PC while I help on my phone, so it isn't working any harder,so no point starting the browser again. I middle click on the elvenar bookmark to open it in a new tab, and I'm logged in and ready to pick my city.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Lyleth I agree with you, it doesn't take much time to aid your fellowship and/or neighbors but your time is limited if you're using a mobile device at work to collect from your city. Some of my friends and co-workers are playing Elvenar and they tell me it takes too much time to aid everyone. I don't know how it is using the app but on a computer, it's very fast to aid your fellowship. If you're not going to take the time to help your fellowship, then you don't belong in one. Go it alone if you're not willing to help your team mates. All I know is from what I've seen and I'm noticing players who don't use a mobile device are more communicative and give neighborly help than the ones who do.

mikeledo

I have had first place finishes in 5 different Fellowships and many second place finishes. And we had one where we finished 11 on purpose due to crappy prizes and thought the black lotus would be better. There are a lot of common sense ideas that I prefer to only share with my own FS. And I think most of us know them. The big question is the high Blacksmith points in stage 3. Is it worth 50 Blacksmiths + other badges for 600 points? 40 Blacksmith? 30 Blacksmith? Does INNO add these as red herrings. I have played both ways and won both ways. In one event (I play in 3 worlds) we did all the waypoints and in a similar FS we skipped the upper orange path. In the FS that skipped the path we scored more points than the one that did all the points. The irony is that the lower scoring FS finished in first and my higher scoring FS finished second.

SunsetDanar

Didn't see it mentioned yet but if your'e using Gamer's GoK stage spreadsheets for planning purposes, be aware that the quick links to the maps show incorrect numbers but will show accurately if you scroll down to them.